Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Null - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Null (1763 Views)

Null / Null / Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Null by Designer123: 8:14am On May 02, 2020
Re: Null by Nobody: 8:37am On May 02, 2020
Designer123:
Good morning gurus in the house

I'm curious about what will happen to the data (apps, videos, pictures) of a phone that is idle (I.e off) for a very long time.

Do memory chip of smartphones die naturally. Will the memory chip loose data as it get old? Thanks.

puskin
dragnet
honsule

No,if you sync your data or backup your files in your external memory card.
Re: Null by PlaysNigeria: 9:20am On May 02, 2020
comshots:
No,if you sync your data or backup your files in your external memory card.

Haha, you well? I sure say you no read the question well.
Oversabi, naso Dem take dey fail

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Null by Nobody: 9:23am On May 02, 2020
Memory chip won't lose data.

1 Like

Re: Null by PlaysNigeria: 9:23am On May 02, 2020
Designer123:
I'm curious about what will happen to the data (apps, videos, pictures) of a phone that is idle (I.e off) for a very long time.

Do memory chip of smartphones die naturally. Will the memory chip loose data as it get old? Thanks.
No, I think the memory is retained in the memory chip, for as long as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Null by ITbomb(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2020
Even stuff you deleted are not erased, they are just overwritten by another data. Except for heat or radiation, data is almost indestructible however recovery may be hard

3 Likes

Re: Null by yuswrld20(m): 3:22pm On May 02, 2020
goes on vacation
Re: Null by Iscoalarcon: 4:51pm On May 02, 2020
ITbomb:
Even stuff you deleted are not erased, they are just overwritten by another data. Except for heat or radiation, data is almost indestructible however recovery may be hard
well how can I retrieve deleted data
Re: Null by bobkezel(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2020
Nothing happens to the data in it. You can retrieve it back any time u want.
Re: Null by Ooni: 5:14pm On May 02, 2020
Interesting
lalasticlala this thread needs wider publicity.
Re: Null by mytime24(f): 6:44pm On May 02, 2020
Waitin

1 Like

Re: Null by femi4: 9:07pm On May 02, 2020
Designer123:
Good morning gurus in the house

memory don't die, its there in the chip but not transferable. Use your laptop as an example. You can remove the hdd of a dead laptop and use it in another pc or as external hdd and all your files wil still be intact
Re: Null by photon3106: 11:13pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Designer123 post=89090963]Good morning gurus in the house

puskin
dragnet
honsule

[/quote

You're confusing yourself and your readers. Your title does not correlate with your content. A DEAD phone isn't the same as an IDLE phone. Also neither is the same as a SWITCHED off phone.

I'll go with your title anyway.

No matter how 'dead' a phone is, the content stored on its flash memory is still intact unless a mechanical/physical damage has been done to it.

How can it be accessed?

1. There are software solutions that can be used if the motherboard is partially working and can communicate with a computer via usb

2. In the case of completely damaged board, advance tech center can lift the chip from board and read it with another machine. Usually for forensic purposes

1 Like

Re: Null by LordPherule(m): 3:35am On May 03, 2020
bobkezel:
Nothing happens to the data in it. You can retrieve it back any time u want.
What about dead phone?
Re: Null by directonpc(m): 3:46am On May 03, 2020
That guy that talked about sync... bla bla... well done sir.
Re: Null by bobkezel(m): 5:52am On May 03, 2020
LordPherule:

What about dead phone?
you cant retrieve data while phone is dead, it has to be powered on first
Re: Null by caprahost: 7:05am On May 03, 2020
Looking for Best Motherboard for i7 8700k in 2020 or are you wondering what is BEST MOTHERBOARD COMPATIBLE WITH I7 8700K, Read our honest reviews.
Re: Null by Emmysky(m): 8:14am On May 03, 2020
The types of memory drives in phones are solid state and so are protected from overtime wear and tear as seen with HDDs in computers so the data on them are kept no matter how long. If latter in the future, you found a way to access the storage on the dead phone, there's a 99% guarantee that the data is retained unless the unit is physically damage
Re: Null by hothuntee(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2020
I remember I had to flash a Symbian phone ages gone. The engineer removed the battery and plugged in a machine that accessed the board through the five golden dots on the revealed panel on which the battery lies.

On his system, he had Nokia Sara suite installed instead of the regular PC suite. It was like a 'God mode' control over my phone.

He can access private data like number times the phone has been opened and some outrageous data sets.

To answer your question, a dead phone is a mechanically damaged phone else it can still be spare part for another of the same model.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gadgets For Sale...cleaning House / New Gcam 8.3 By BSG For All Android Is So Good, We Tested 3x / Android Vs Bb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.