Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,280 members, 7,842,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians (48757 Views)

COVID-19: Air France Begins Evacuation Of EU Citizens In Nigeria / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports / Evacuation Almost Done On Otedola Bridge After Fuel Tanker Explosion. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by RaptorX: 2:14pm On May 02, 2020
chrisxxx:
My great grand father was forming bravery. Then he was applauded because he fought his way out of captivity. He was about being transported across the seas into slavery. By providence or sheer luck he cut his restraining chain and escaped.
He was hailed all round the neighborhood.
Today I realized that it was a big mistake. I would have been an American citizen if not for his actions.
Hope you are joking sha... because you know nothing about the horrors of the Trans Atlantic slave trade. You might not have been born or if born die at a very young age from gun violence like thousands of black Americans die every year in the inner cities. This kind of thought process can only come from a place of ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by bewla(m): 2:23pm On May 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
At the state of this severe situation in the western world 99% of Nigerian's will fall in if free visa are being given them......Everybody won japa cheesy
Don't call me back o if u here say 9ja. done better don't rush back o
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by salford1: 2:33pm On May 02, 2020
chrisxxx:
My great grand father was forming bravery. Then he was applauded because he fought his way out of captivity. He was about being transported across the seas into slavery. By providence or sheer luck he cut his restraining chain and escaped.
Today I realized that it was a big mistake. I would have been an American citizen if not for his actions.
If you watched roots as a kid. You will never pray that your great grand pa to be put on a slave ship to be a cruel whiteman's property on a sugar or cotton plantation.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by subcbouy: 2:35pm On May 02, 2020
Tedpgrass:

True true..

No be people dey carry placard in America... Say they wan go back to work as hunger dey sama their heads!! With bills racking up too..
That's why it annoys when some clout-chasers come online making out that it's all rosy "in the abroad"!!!

Don't mind them. Individual countries has it own peculiar crisis and problem, hype most things make it worse for proper assimilation.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by salford1: 2:37pm On May 02, 2020
jubrilELsudan:
THIS ATUMA LIZARD MAN IS VERY STUPID.

HE SAYS HE PAID 5,000 CANADIAN DOLLARS FOR FLIGHT TICKET. DID HE CHARTER THE WHOLE PLANE?

CORONA FALL INSIDE HIS ANUS.
What he said is the truth though. That was the cost a seat on the evacuation flight from Lagos to Canada.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by salford1: 2:41pm On May 02, 2020
donvicky2007:

Don't be too sure, your great grand father might be among the slaves that lost their life in the sea.
Yup. A ship that makes it back to the Americas with only half of its cargo of Africans was still considered profitable.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by klever18(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2020
gypsey:
errr.. it is impossible, NO government can deny people dual citizenship, if people have ties to their country of origin like parents, uncles, cousins and grandparents. it would be impossible, Germany did it but it didn't work. it would be in breach of their fundermntal human rights. besides, i can bet my butt if you were in their position you will do the same.

Good luck cheesy
Japan is doing it for a long tym now
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 02, 2020
klever18:
Japan is doing it for a long tym now
That is because they are communists.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Ozokwuimo(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2020
[/sub][code][/code][left][/left][right][/right]hk[center][/center]
[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][img][/img][url][/url][sub]
undecided lipsrsealed embarassed sad kiss
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by saraki2019(m): 3:34pm On May 02, 2020
chrisxxx:
grin grin
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Ginomel(m): 3:45pm On May 02, 2020
subcbouy:
There is no perfect society, people in developed countries still disobey rules. All this assertion that people obey rule is a lie. It may be minimal unlike ours.

Just leave them to be exaggerating every time as if abroad is heaven

Everywhere looks same both Nigeria road and London road except that there might be pot holes in Nigeria road, but road na road.

I blame our stupid leaders that does not know anything in governance especially the certificateless one

Sometimes I used to wonder is it not the same place one goes to now and then.

Anyway I don't want to say much on that persistent utterances

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by RaptorX: 4:15pm On May 02, 2020
adeniyi65:

;d ;d ;d I tell you man.those Africans slaves that landed safely on European and American soil had secured a promising lineage.
The level of ignorance on this forum is shameful and appalling. Glorifying the Trans Atlantic slave trade because of poverty in Nigeria is the lowest of the low, you people are sick in the head.

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by subcbouy: 4:36pm On May 02, 2020
Ginomel:

Just leave them to be exaggerating every time as if abroad is heaven

Everywhere looks same both Nigeria road and London road except that there might be pot holes in Nigeria road, but road na road.

I blame our stupid leaders that does not know anything in governance especially the certificateless one

Sometimes I used to wonder is it not the same place one goes to now and then.

Anyway I don't want to say much on that persistent utterances
I am waiting to hear there is no beggar and mad people overseas too.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by subcbouy: 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
Tunde835:
Or Brazillian
Exactly my thought. They were all packed into sugar farm land hahahaha
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by marvin906(m): 4:42pm On May 02, 2020
gypsey:
errr.. it is impossible, NO government can deny people dual citizenship, if people have ties to their country of origin like parents, uncles, cousins and grandparents. it would be impossible, Germany did it but it didn't work. it would be in breach of their fundermntal human rights. besides, i can bet my butt if you were in their position you will do the same.

Good luck cheesy

wrong
go and tell that to Singapore

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by ofiko123(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2020
Nice one..
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 5:33pm On May 02, 2020
who's the girl on your picture profile?
Yenefer:
Who is deleting my comments?
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 02, 2020
marvin906:

wrong
go and tell that to Singapore
Really? grin who da hell wants a singaporian citizenship anyway?
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Cousin9999: 7:57pm On May 02, 2020
YorubaPrince:
As a multi-citizen currently stuck in 9ja cuz of this pandemic. My stimulus went straight to my account (even though mine is very small as I fall on high income earner category). I just transferred straight to my domiciliary here for 9ja. grin

And your stimulus probably goes ten times further in 9ja. And you're not living around a bunch of diseased whites and asians.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
At the state of this severe situation in the western world 99% of Nigerian's will fall in if free visa are being given them......Everybody won japa cheesy
LOL you know the drill...Dem nor dey tell blind man say rain dey fall
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by FanOfMyself: 8:40pm On May 02, 2020
Millenniumlady:
They said that you too like money and you can beg for Africa, yet you claim to be a classic lady grin grin grin

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by marvin906(m): 9:50pm On May 02, 2020
gypsey:
Really? grin who da hell wants a singaporian citizenship anyway?

this statement just shows how little you know..
infact dude your dumb as fvck..
a country that had the most powerful passport in the world not too long ago and still ranked among the top 15 most powerful passport..
with visa free to 147 countries..
you have the guts to say who wants to be a Singapore citizen ..

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 02, 2020
marvin906:

this statement just shows how little you know..
infact dude your dumb as fvck..
a country that had the most powerful passport in the world not too long ago and still ranked among the top 15 most powerful passport..
with visa free to 147 countries..
you have the guts to say who wants to be a Singapore citizen ..
Okay, boy! run along now, with your bad manners. The british passport I have is powerful enough for me.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by marvin906(m): 11:42pm On May 02, 2020
gypsey:
Okay, boy! run along now, with your bad manners. The british passport I have is powerful enough for me.

can't believe I educated a dumb muppet

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by BlackFlamefromP: 4:39am On May 03, 2020
Dear Nigerians, let's wake up from our slumber and stupidity and start making things work in Nigeria! I hear most of you say that things don't work in Nigeria compared to other nations but are you not the one who refuse to make things work in Nigeria? Oh you say it's your leaders' fault but who are the so-called leaders? Are they not the product of our society? Every nation get the leaders they deserve. And every leader is a reflection of the caliber of people he is leading.

Let's wake up and make Nigeria work! It's the only country we can truly call our own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Ginomel(m): 10:59am On May 03, 2020
subcbouy:
I am waiting to hear there is no beggar and mad people overseas too.

No wait ooo. You go wait tire. I used to think so until I saw many with my own eyes. Many of them.

Don't mind those "Nigeria is a shithole " crew.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by Elxandre(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2020
bilulu:

They call it Africa, some believe Africa is a country not a continent except for those who have mingled with Africans.
To be fair Europe is also referred to collectively, to a lesser extent though.
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by bilulu(m): 8:05pm On May 03, 2020
Elxandre:

To be fair Europe is also referred to collectively too, to a lesser extent though.
Yea, very correct
Re: Why We Joined US, Canada Evacuation Trains — Dual-citizen Nigerians by peacefull(f): 1:48am On May 04, 2020
gypsey:
That is because they are communists.

Japanese are communist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Dead In Fatal Accident In Abia (Graphic Photos) / Mention The Countries You Will Never Consider Going To Even With Free Visas / Hungry Looking Camel In Abuja Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.