Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers (48196 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC / 30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by IjawAboki007: 10:51am On May 02, 2020
I think we should be very careful about the usage of these locally made face masks because of what I saw today. I was in a bus where a passenger called a facemask seller.

After asking for the price, he took one and put it on. He immediately told the seller that he wanted to make another choice. He finally paid for one after putting on about 5 different types. I noticed it and told the man the implication of what he has just done and he became so sober.

Even other passengers were looking fearful because what I said was true. Now, what if that man has the virus, he has succeeded in affecting those masks without knowing.

These infected masks will be bought by other innocent people. It is also possible that is how these facemask hawkers allow buyers to first put it on before they buy.

There is a high possibility the virus can be spread easily this way. For those of us who patronize these local hawkers, let be careful and vigilant.

422 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ghettokid1(m): 10:55am On May 02, 2020
You are 110% right OP, all this roadside hawkers are spreading the virus out of ignorance.

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by emilomona(m): 10:55am On May 02, 2020
True talk my man

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Orubebe01: 10:55am On May 02, 2020
Thanks for the info. trust Nigerians, they will end up testing the whole face masks and at the end not buying by telling you "ele okere or ele otobi".

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ghettokid1(m): 10:59am On May 02, 2020
And again, government need to ban all these Tailors from producing face masks and authorise some tailors to be doing so.
The one i bought this morning is made with a very dirty clothe.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by FryMosquito: 11:13am On May 02, 2020
True talk..
People need to be mindful. Even if you wan buy from all this road side hawkers, don't be in hurry to wear it, till you finished sterilizing it by washing with disinfectant and soap(possibly using very hot pressing iron on it)

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Lorazepam(f): 11:33am On May 02, 2020
Thanks for this Info

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by saponda247: 11:46am On May 02, 2020
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by southernbelle(f): 12:12pm On May 02, 2020
Imagine what the man did? That's just how nasty some people in this country are, always thinking about themselves alone.

On a second thought, who knows how many buyers have also worn the masks and tested them all before he did...smh. The sellers should be wiser too.

We all have to be extremely cautious in the coming weeks.

24 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Acidosis(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2020
And if you check very well, that man went to school o. The appropriate thing to do is buy, wash, dry and iron. Same process should be repeated daily. It's also advisable to have at least 2 or 3 especially for those who have to go out everyday.

10 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by EatforHealth: 2:05pm On May 02, 2020
These face masks will cause more harm to some people

Ignorance is deadlier than COVID-19

8 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Seun(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2020
You should simply wash and/or iron any non-medical face covering that you buy in the market or from a road-side hawker before you use it.

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by uzucuzu1(m): 3:12pm On May 02, 2020
Some sewing those facemask might even be positive to the said virus.

It is just God that is going to save us this period.

8 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by tillaman(m): 3:17pm On May 02, 2020
Testing nose mask!!
People for begin dey test condom too

19 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by awesomely: 3:37pm On May 02, 2020
You are absolutely right. Almost bought one clothe mask today while going out. I intended to wear it immediately, what saved me was that the seller didn't have change. I would have bought Corona for 100 naira.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by CodeTemplar: 4:10pm On May 02, 2020
Steam wash it, iron it and finally use.

3 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by festwiz(m): 7:30pm On May 02, 2020
IjawAboki007:
I think we should be very careful about the usage of these locally made face masks because of what I saw today. I was in a bus where a passenger called a facemask seller...

Isn't there a total lockdown? What were you doing in a bus? Is it difficult to stay indoors or are the lockdown rules different where you reside?

8 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by tony0806: 7:46pm On May 02, 2020
FP admin pls
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by dominique(f): 6:42am On May 03, 2020
It's very dangerous to buy something like that on the roadside and using without proper disinfection.

festwiz:

Isn't there a total lockdown? What were you doing in a bus? Is it difficult to stay indoors or are the lockdown rules different where you reside?

People in the essential service sector went to work everyday and some took public transport

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ForeThinker: 6:45am On May 03, 2020
True talk .. duly noted with thanks ❣️♥️❤️

E get yy pippu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:46am On May 03, 2020
N
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Kendumazy(m): 6:47am On May 03, 2020
Government should sensitize people about this. The honest truth is that, people will definitely buy from road side hawkers, they should just make it a must to wash it before using it. That's it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ckmayoca: 6:47am On May 03, 2020
Right. I saw same along a street also, this woman wanted to buy for her 4 children and they were wearing and removing (testing) the masks like they were slippers.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by oyeb15: 6:47am On May 03, 2020
That's d only viable business 4 now. Facemask.

Moreover Government should arrest people wearing dirty facemasks. We are very dirty in this country.

Most People with dirty facemasks wear dirty underwear ( bra, pants and boxers)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by CrazyMan(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2020
Better still, tell your tailor to get you as many as possible then wash and iron them. That's exactly what I did.

Buying things as delicate as facemask from hawkers is even more deadly than not putting on a face mask at all.

Let's all stay safe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Darkpanthera: 6:48am On May 03, 2020
Nice
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by whytediamond(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2020
God please save the world cry

2 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by yinkus6750(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2020
ignorance. why should the seller change a mask that had already been worn
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Sunnycliff(m): 6:48am On May 03, 2020
Mehn, which way to survive na? Local man cannot can in all cannable ways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Kokervert: 6:49am On May 03, 2020
tillaman:
Testing nose mask!!
People for begin dey test condom too

❣️♥️❤️

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yoga With Nigerian Dwarf Goats Craze Takes Off In The US. See Photos / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.