Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus (39223 Views)

Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead / How Lagos Civil Servants Commute To Work (PHOTOS) / See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by gaby(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2020
Na wa

How do they intend on seeing this through?
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Jokerman(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2020
Lol from Ojota to CMS will now be #500 grin
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by ofoka: 4:05pm On May 02, 2020
THEY HAVE INFLATED TRANSPORT FARE IN LAGOS AGAIN!!
ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORT WILL INCREASE THEIR FARE ON THOSE ROUTES.
PLEASE REVERSE THE DECISION AND DEDICATE SOME BUSES FOR THE SORT DISTANCE.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 4:06pm On May 02, 2020
TreasureTayo:
That's good! The rush on Monday though. It is okay sha

There won't be any rush because people are gonna sit at home and observe the movement first.

1 Like

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by rocknation62(m): 4:06pm On May 02, 2020
Iamundisputed:
I hope the yellow bus drivers and the NURTW guys will also replicate the same, cos these Lagos agberos are too powerful for the government to control. angry

You have said it all...

Too powerful & sturbon to control

1 Like

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 4:06pm On May 02, 2020
Jokerman:
Lol from Ojota to CMS will now be #500 grin

250-300.
Ikorodu might be 500

1 Like

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by betterman22(m): 4:07pm On May 02, 2020
It's a good move through passengers pay double
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by FuckAllTheMODs: 4:08pm On May 02, 2020
tolexy007:

or we dey go from iyanaoworo to cms, wey b say na 100 naira b4, and mostly na standing

And those ones going to Lekki/Law School/1001 Estate/V.I/Military Barack/TBS from Ajah or CMS via BRT or green buses, how will they cope...
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Sambai65(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Iamundisputed post=89103465]I hope the yellow bus drivers and the NURTW guys will also replicate the same, cos these Lagos agberos are too powerful for the governmlent to control. angry[/quote for where, I saw some yellow bus today from at abule egba na 4 passengers per seat
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Jokerman(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

250-300.
Ikorodu might be 500

Lol.... I prefer to enter commercial buses then coz those ones won't abide by the safety guidelines and hence won't increase transport fare..

How much be salary wey person go dey pay #1000 to and fro... Lol...
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by slysteel: 4:11pm On May 02, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/brt-scraps-short-distance-tickets-to-commute-20-passengers-per-bus/
So Nigerians are paying as much as 300 naira for trips on a govt owned mass transit bus? What sort of fvckery is that? Is the govt not supposed to supplement transportation within the state? Nigerians have simply lost their minds for not even knowing when they are being fvcked.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by 9jatriot(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2020
Good idea but it is the very same passengers that will fight the operators to be allowed to enter.
Una go see better fighting for bus stop. Covid has to really go.
Generalkaycee:
Good Idea
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Kluchi3: 4:15pm On May 02, 2020
This is a welcome development let us all abide by the rules, wash your hands for 20 seconds, wear your facemask, maintain a social distance.
Jesus loves that's why you're alive to read my post. #Stay safe #Stay strong.

Meanwhile am not surprise many Nigerians are as useless as there personal names always discrediting their own Country, what a shame.

We're the change we need.

We ought to learn to pray and bless this our country on a daily basis, because this is the ONLY Country we've got.

May God bless my Country Nigeria Amen.

NB: For your professional graphic designs, fiction writing, content creation etc;

contact us @KCC 09029963744, oluchimary247@gmail.com.
You will be glad you did cheesy
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 02, 2020
Better.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by seborrhic: 4:16pm On May 02, 2020
Toma2:
They have increased the fare..
Short distance ko, long distance ni
Your head is there.
By the time normal operations resume,the new fares for short distance travel won't be reduced while that for long distance would go up.
By then they would achieve their long held,openly known plan to make CMS 500 or at best 400.
Corona is just the hell sent excuse they want to use to achieve it.

1 Like

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Kluchi3: 4:16pm On May 02, 2020
This is a welcome development let us all abide by the rules, wash your hands for 20 seconds, wear your facemask, maintain a social distance.
Jesus loves you that's why you're alive to read my post. #Stay safe #Stay strong.

Meanwhile am not surprise many Nigerians are as useless as there personal names always discrediting their own Country, what a shame.

We're the change we need.

We ought to learn to pray and bless this our country on a daily basis, because this is the ONLY Country we've got.

May God bless my Country Nigeria Amen.

NB: For your professional graphic designs, fiction writing, content creation etc;

contact us @KCC 09029963744, oluchimary247@gmail.com.
You will be glad you did cheesy
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 4:18pm On May 02, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol.... I prefer to enter commercial buses then coz those ones won't abide by the safety guidelines and hence won't increase transport fare..

How much be salary wey person go dey pay #1000 to and fro... Lol...

Well, if you say so...

It's been long I entered the yellow danfo.

Where I stay, is opposite the Fadeyi BRT stand.

200 to and fro to any where I'm going.

I spend #1000 on transport weekly.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Goke7: 4:19pm On May 02, 2020
las las people go stay house. lockdown continues
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by TreasureTayo(m): 4:20pm On May 02, 2020
Lol. you sounded like you have read people's mind. I wont argue she lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chrisbella24:

There won't be any rush because people are gonna sit at home and observe the movement first.

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 02, 2020
Sambai65:
I saw some yellow bus today from at abule egba na 4 passengers per seat

Can you see what I'm talking about? Police won't enforce it cos they settle them from the top and government will eventually turn the blind eye. I know those drivers and agberos will never allow it to work.

This is the reason we need to change our transport system permanently, cos even in matters of life and death, these guys will never do the right thing.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Jokerman(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

Well, if you say so...

It's been long I entered the yellow danfo.

Where I stay, is opposite the Fadeyi BRT stand.

200 to and fro to any where I'm going.

I spend #1000 on transport weekly.

Whoa!!! That's great... But don't you think the fare from Fadeyi would be increased now?? Probably double??

Mhen na una enjoy brt o grin
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Muzikluva(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
In as much as this is a very welcome gesture, why scrap short distances? What's the point? You are just indirectly increasing fares and you guys are not bold enough to say it. Nigerians are on their own, really!
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
TreasureTayo:
Lol. you sounded like you have read people's mind. I wont argue she lol grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL!

Forget say Lagos rough oo... people still value their lives.

Even before the lockdown, I saw how people where taking preventive measure.

Some conductors were using dry gin as Sanitizers and most of the passengers wore facemask.

Busstops were Scanty.

BRT had to wait for 1hr because there was no passenger.

So, I Know.

1 Like

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by tolijascro(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Just to clarify

The VACCINES that will be rolled out soon DOES NOT contain any microchip

This is just the beginning of sorrows

The end is not yet

And until USA finally decline, there will not be the mark of the beast

These times are just to introduce us to the new leader of the world.

In a trying times as this, the world has been calling for a world government to come together to address all these issues together

These evil people creates problems and also create the solutions
That's thier way , it has always been

So stay glued to your news outlets, this month of MAY will give you more insights

ogbeni carry your religion commot for here abeg.....everything must be attached to religion in nigeria.....nawa
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 4:28pm On May 02, 2020
Jokerman:

Whoa!!! That's great... But don't you think the fare from Fadeyi would be increased now?? Probably double??

Mhen na una enjoy brt o grin

Maybe 150 -200.

Still okay tho.

1 Like

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Grace001: 4:29pm On May 02, 2020
No doubts yellow buses fares will increase because those ones will share their money with “agbero” and “police

So be ready to pay for more.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by ikorodureporta: 4:33pm On May 02, 2020
BRT wey na to see place just to stand we dey take enter before, yet you go wait for hours....I wonder how d crowd go be for just 22 passengers
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2020
Observation noticed
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by brilkid: 4:38pm On May 02, 2020
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by jericco1(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

How will you get access to BRT?

I don't plan on going to work anytime soon.. where you staying
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 4:45pm On May 02, 2020
jericco1:

I don't plan on going to work anytime soon.. where you staying

Fadeyi
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by TreasureTayo(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2020
That's right anyway. You're correct! Hopefully this Corona will be a thing of the past very soon
Chrisbella24:

LOL!

Forget say Lagos rough oo... people still value their lives.

Even before the lockdown, I saw how people where taking preventive measure.

Some conductors were using dry gin as Sanitizers and most of the passengers wore facemask.

Busstops were Scanty.

BRT had to wait for 1hr because there was no passenger.

So, I Know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zulum Launches 500 Tricycles, 100 Toyota Corolla LE Taxi & 10 41-Seater Buses / Boy Returning From School Killed By Politician’s Convoy In Akwa Ibom. Photo / International Cargo Flight Lands In Akanu Ibiam Airport Enugu. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.