Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus (39225 Views)

Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead / How Lagos Civil Servants Commute To Work (PHOTOS) / See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by stonemind(f): 4:54pm On May 02, 2020
oboyy AutoJosh don go far oo
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by dammy222(f): 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
A lot of people will be stranded at the bus stop come Monday because even with yellow buses, the queue at BRT bus stops is always much.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by loomer: 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
Generalkaycee:
Good Idea

20 people still too much for the bus
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by petitejolie(f): 4:58pm On May 02, 2020
Iamundisputed:
I hope the yellow bus drivers and the NURTW guys will also replicate the same, cos these Lagos agberos are too powerful for the government to control. angry
those ones go dey collect 500 for distance dey use to pay 200naira. Another issue will be all this agbero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Strech(m): 4:58pm On May 02, 2020
www./1112846675750766/permalink/1129135580788542 please show me some love here, by just clicking on the above link and liking the picture
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Benito25: 5:01pm On May 02, 2020
piwr:
Stakers, visit my signature

Beware of this scammer, the mod should block him please
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Niggmatic: 5:01pm On May 02, 2020
Iamundisputed:
I hope the yellow bus drivers and the NURTW guys will also replicate the same, cos these Lagos agberos are too powerful for the government to control. angry

Lagos Government and agbero, what is the difference? undecided undecided
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Ajibel(m): 5:05pm On May 02, 2020
Menance:
See autojosh o grin grin

Lol I thought I was the only one that saw that grin

The guy became irrelevant here after Ambode's tenure
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by jericco1(m): 5:05pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

Fadeyi

Can I DM you?
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by ceejay80s(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2020
I thought these buses belong to government? These guys are after their pocket, they are not helping the Masses at all, which one is long and short distance? So person go to a shiter distance should not go home again
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by YahwehRocks: 5:14pm On May 02, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Got their oga agbero at the top.
Teenubu.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Olokson(m): 5:20pm On May 02, 2020
WandaNara:
I don't even know what to type. I'm just tired of everything. I'm depressed.

Someone should please save a soul, any amount will go a long way N'landers.

Access bank

Thank you in advance.

eeyah, sha don't commit suicide. Don't respond, this time will also pass
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by mechanics(m): 5:21pm On May 02, 2020
It may not work in some bus stations with much crowd.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 02, 2020
Niggmatic:

Lagos Government and agbero, what is the difference? undecided undecided

Even though I hate to admit, the current Tinubu-imposed government is a friend of the NURTW guys for political reason. I doubt much can be done about those guys for now. Ambode tried to change the transport sector, but their oga at the top didn't allow him.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by dotedote: 5:43pm On May 02, 2020
bolaji3071:
They can't reduce the price but increase it. Greedy people.

Do you understand at all ?
If you load a generator to less than half its capacity, you still use the same amount of fuel you would if it were full capacity.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Moz22: 5:55pm On May 02, 2020
UltimateSpice:
The idea of limiting the passengers is okay in accordance with social distancing.

But why scrap short distances? That is more of a disservice to the people.
they didn't scrap short distance.. for instance, u can still go to Maryland from ojota which ordinarily costs #100 but this time you will have to pay more and that's like over a hundred percent increase.. the fare is equivalent to those going to TBS
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Moz22: 5:59pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

Well, if you say so...

It's been long I entered the yellow danfo.

Where I stay, is opposite the Fadeyi BRT stand.

200 to and fro to any where I'm going.

I spend #1000 on transport weekly.

lemme guess, shiro street?
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Lisaint(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2020
Danfo price will surely go up as from Monday

Honestly
I think
Lagos state government is not serious at all

If you want Danfo to carry 2 each on a seat
They should have STOP the NURTW owoda boys from collecting money at various busstop and garage

How will the drivers cope with just 2 passengers on a seat
And they will pay booking, morning, loading and also payment in various busstop
Same thing happen to Keke napep

Up till now

No one has seen the mini vans they promise to roll out when he banned Okada the first time.

Lagosians let's brace for impact

Some are loosing jobs
Tfare are not gonna be affordable

Smh
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by ashawopikin(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2020
Autojosh I sight u
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by hush15: 6:31pm On May 02, 2020
Generalkaycee:
Good Idea

Another Tinubu Enterprise. I wasn't surprised when I heard the name. Fola Tinubu!!! Lagosian I pity una
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Damseldammie(f): 6:31pm On May 02, 2020
I'm getting to like the idea
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Beedude(m): 6:58pm On May 02, 2020
I surely know there will be a hike in the cost of transportation. If BRT can increase tfare it means danfo cant be regulated. So many things wont make this relaxed lockdown work if we can be sincere with ourselves. People are broke due to 1month + lockdown, employers are thinking of paycut and retrenchment as well. Why must it always be the masses that will bear the brunt of a failed nation? The only solution to this would have been;
1. Continue lockdown 2. Provide Good Palliatives
3. Mass testing and tracing.

OUR LEADERS ARE ALWAYS ABSCONDING FROM THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by agadam(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2020
Menance:
See autojosh o grin grin

It's been long I see autojosh udate oooo
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Chrisbella24(f): 7:28pm On May 02, 2020
Moz22:
lemme guess, shiro street?

No.
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by Moz22: 7:35pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

No.
ohh, I schooled at yct and then church around there too...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by northbird: 7:43pm On May 02, 2020
ceejay80s:
I thought these buses belong to government? These guys are after their pocket, they are not helping the Masses at all, which one is long and short distance? So person go to a shiter distance should not go home again

So, if dey belong to the govt. Nko?

They are run privately, that means dey have to turn in profits.

The cost of running and maintaining the kind of sleek high capacity buses must reflect in d fares
Re: BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus by bonnyhope: 9:50pm On May 02, 2020
Chrisbella24:

Well, if you say so...

It's been long I entered the yellow danfo.

Where I stay, is opposite the Fadeyi BRT stand.

200 to and fro to any where I'm going.

I spend #1000 on transport weekly.

Hmmm.....na u de enjoy Lagos,
In a whole month you will spend only 4k on tp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Returning From School Killed By Politician’s Convoy In Akwa Ibom. Photo / Zulum Launches 500 Tricycles, 100 Toyota Corolla LE Taxi & 10 41-Seater Buses / International Cargo Flight Lands In Akanu Ibiam Airport Enugu. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.