Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans (2460 Views)

Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Pastor Discovers His Children Are Not His, After DNA Tests / “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Samhyme: 8:03pm On May 02, 2020
I got the permission of a friend of mine to share his story.

We met while we were at University. He was an earnest young man despite all the financial hardships he had. His father was a secondary school teacher, and he rarely sends him money because he had other five siblings.

To be more specific, his father only paid his first-year tuition fee, and that was the end of his father’s investment in his tertiary education. My friend hustled his way out of his bachelor’s degree. We shared food many times, and he was a very peaceful young man. He weathered the storm, and he came with good grades.

He now works for an insurance firm in Lagos Nigeria, and he has been very supportive of his siblings even with the little he makes. In one of our conversations last year, he would like to push his marriage forward to at least support his younger ones to reach a sound stage in their academics.

However, his father would always call him to demand a massive amount of money now and then. When he send him what he can afford, the man will begin to recount how he paid his school fees and sent him to the University. Like a good boy that he is, he would beg his father to manage whatever he can give.

The camelback was, however, broken a few days ago when the father called him that he needs a car to move around because he is now retired and getting old. My friend thought he was joking, but the man kept calling. My friend does not even own a car. When the pressure was getting too, much, he asked his father how much he has saved for the car that he can add some money for him. He was shocked when the father said he expects him to buy the vehicle and send home. After all, he sent him to school.

My friend lost it; he spoke up for the first time. The father has been reporting him everywhere since then.

What are the lessons here;

1. Children are not retirement plans. As parents, we should realise that the times are changing and you don’t want to wreck your children’s life with responsibilities they are not responsible for.

2. Laying big claims on the children because you sent them to school without even considering their current economic status is not only wrong but inconsiderate.

3. Most firstborn children in African families are automatic assistant parents. Parents should appreciate this rather than frustrate them.

4. Sending children to school is not an automatic visa for any parent to use demands to kill the children that are still figuring out their own lives.

5. We may never be able to build generational wealth in Africa if this culture continues.

6. The baby had a daddy, but does the son have a father?

May we have an understanding of the times

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by yanabasee1(m): 8:12pm On May 02, 2020
No child has ever been a retirement plan for planning parents....

And your story is all about a greedy father who feels his son whom he barely supported should be tending to his craving needs....

Most parents at older age still farm and or do petty business to keep them earning little amount of money while getting financial supports from their children....

I feel, your friend should focus more on seeing to his siblings success than his father....So that,they can collectively take care of the man together....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by CodeTemplar: 8:16pm On May 02, 2020
He should thank God the father is one that uses his mouth to ask and not one that goes into occult practices to get what he needs from the children.

As for the topic issue, anything you do expecting a return from the beneficiary isn't worth doing.

1 Like

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by NextD18: 8:20pm On May 02, 2020
This issue of retirement plan is common with poor parents. That's why they are always quick to birth upto 10-15 children, hoping that atleast 5 out of them will miraculously make it and be an investment to them, even when they didn't do their best to raise them properly with their needs.

If you see any hustling first son, respect him because being the first son of a poor family is a great and unnecessary burden in Nigeria.

Something you'll never wanna wish an enemy.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by ibkayee(f): 8:33pm On May 02, 2020
Greedy parent using guilt trip tactics to squeeze out money beyond his son's capacity, this one is beyond 'honouring' your parent

And it was his job to pay for his son's school fees, he wants to be paid back for taking care of HIS responsibilities? Don't want to be responsible for children? Don't have them

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by MMotimo: 9:13pm On May 02, 2020
@Topic

You’d think this should be common knowledge by now but no, even in Nigeria of 2020, some people still think they are doing kids a favour by bringing them to this world to suffer when they don’t have the financial capacity to raise them.

The same person begging other people to help raise his/her kids would be the same one waiting to feed off those kids the moment they are capable of earning any sort of income; even if it’s just #20,000 a month.

This mindless birthing exists in the developed world too but the difference is the society and the levels of government there have programs in place to support low income folks - regular cash deposits to their bank accounts, subsidies, free services that everyone else has to pay for, scholarships targeted at students from low income households, etc.

If you are not residing in any of such societies, seriously consider getting a vasectomy or hysterectomy so you can put a permanent stop to the insanity of birthing kids you cannot afford.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by bukatyne(f): 9:15pm On May 02, 2020
MMotimo:
@Topic

You’d think this should be common knowledge by now but no, even in Nigeria of 2020, some people still think they are doing kids a favour by bringing them to this world to suffer when they don’t have the financial capacity to raise them.

The same person begging other people to help raise his/her kids would be the same one waiting to feed off those kids the moment they are capable of earning any sort of income; even if it’s just #20,000 a month.

This mindless birthing exists in the developed world too but the difference is the society and the levels of government there have programs in place to support low income folks - regular cash deposits to their bank accounts, subsidies, free services that everyone else has to pay for, scholarships targeted at students from low income households, etc.

When are you creating our thread?

Good evening. smiley
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by MMotimo: 9:19pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:

When are you creating our thread?

Good evening. smiley

Mba, I no dey do grin but threads like this are along the same line so he who has ears should listen.

During this 1 month lockdown, for anyone that has had to beg and/or lie to feed their kids, this is the wake up call you’ve been waiting for that you are not doing well financially and need to stop/suspend having more kids.

12 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Uyi168: 9:22pm On May 02, 2020
NextD18:
This issue of retirement plan is common with poor parents. That's why they are always quick to birth upto 10-15 children, hoping that atleast 5 out of them will miraculously make it and be an investment to them, even when they didn't do their best to raise them properly with their needs.

If you see any hustling first son, respect him because being the first son of a poor family is a great and unnecessary burden in Nigeria.

Something you'll never wanna wish an enemy.
Here is a rare Pic of a first son with the burden of responsibilities on his shoulder.. cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by CAPSLOCKED: 9:29pm On May 02, 2020
Uyi168:
Here is a rare Pic of a first son with the burden of responsibilities on his shoulder.. cry
SIX YEARS LATER.

4 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by CAPSLOCKED: 9:31pm On May 02, 2020
"BIBLE SAYS HONOUR YOUR PARENTS"
"I SENT YOU TO SCHOOL"
"UNGRATEFUL CHILD"
"DO YOU WANT YOUR PARENTS TO DIE?"
"I CARRIED YOU FOR 9 MONTHS"

ONCE YOU SEE THEM BEGIN TO TALK LIKE THIS, THEY'RE ABOUT TO MANIPULATE THE HELL OUT OF YOU.

9 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Mindlog: 9:32pm On May 02, 2020
MMotimo:

Mba, I no dey do grin but threads like this are along the same line so he who has ears should listen.

During this 1 month lockdown, for anyone that has had to beg and/or lie to feed their kids, this is the wake up call you’ve been waiting for that you are not doing well financially and need to stop/suspend having more kids.

Unfortunately, they will have more kids because of the irrational belief that God would send helpers their way.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Uyi168: 9:32pm On May 02, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SIX YEARS LATER.
I fear who nor fear u... grin

2 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by NoHoper: 9:48pm On May 02, 2020
Wow, almost like I'm reading about my dad, and myself. Only that my dad never even paid any of my school fees. He was worse than the dad described in that post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by fatymore(f): 10:10pm On May 02, 2020
Some parents are just smh....

Why didn't they work so hard to give their children a better life?

All sort of manipulation to the detriment of the children...

Guess who are these type of parent most?

The poor ones.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Tedpgrass: 11:04pm On May 02, 2020
This applies to a lot of poor folks but middle class parents are sometimes guilty.

The usual yoruba greeting comes to mind.. Translated it reads reaping the benefits of blessings of one's children..

But in actual practice, it translates to forcing those kids to give over and above what is affordable...

A good parent wants to educate the children, support them in their chosen legal careers.. But when a demand is made by the parent for a significant percentage of the child's earnings, mostly to show off to neighbours or other family members, that's plain absurd and wicked if I must say..

But do these parents learn.. Errmmm not in most cases.

That's why these kids sometimes marry nasty spouses who help them grow some balls otherwise they expire under the weight of demands

2 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by 2dice01: 1:08am On May 03, 2020
Same way my paddi mum is disturbing him for a Grandson
Someone that isnt ready yet
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by sacredsaint(m): 2:55am On May 03, 2020
The problem is the mentality. Wisdom is profitable for the wise. As much as the situation is tricky, he should try and handle it with prudence. It is not easy to change the mentality of these parents but we should also try to be wise in the way we go about it.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Nobody: 8:15am On May 03, 2020
My mother was called stingy mean and evil for investing while sometimes neglecting us tho she tried her best. Today i dont hate her anymore as she has never asked me for money since i started working. A lot of my colleagues once salary comes parents and siblings chop over 60 to 70%. Lucky for my my mum has rental income and is enjoying her retirement. People should be wise o

8 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by zed7: 5:09pm On May 03, 2020
I'm sorry but many parents are irresponsible. Some will pressure their kids to get married, some will force a partner on their kids while some will burden their kids with financial demands.

Bringing kids to this world is not a favour. Sometimes I feel bad when my kids feel sick, I feel I brought them to this world of pain.

Parents don't 'own' their kids, they are just a vessel for God to use in bringing an individual to the world.

3 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by emmaodet: 9:00am On May 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
"BIBLE SAYS HONOUR YOUR PARENTS"
"I SENT YOU TO SCHOOL"
"UNGRATEFUL CHILD"
"DO YOU WANT YOUR PARENTS TO DIE?"
"I CARRIED YOU FOR 9 MONTHS"

ONCE YOU SEE THEM BEGIN TO TALK LIKE THIS, THEY'RE ABOUT TO MANIPULATE THE HELL OUT OF YOU.

Hmmmmmmm
Capslocked
These are some of the things my parent use when i don't give them enough from what they demanded.
We are only 3 boys in my family and am the first born.
After graduating and luckily got a job, parent my mum in particular placed a lot of burden and expectations on me.
I roofed there house, furnished it and they moved in. After that demand upon demand upon demand from me.
Gave my uncle who is her junior brother 1m to travel out after mum pestered me, gave her my first car (nissan pathfinder) after pressuring family to give it to her, co-sponsored my junior brother to duabi with 500k - now he is working in a company there earning about 250k per month, sponsored another of her family to dubai again late last year.
The most annoying of all is our last born. She told me he wants to go to Europe and i will need to support with 1m from the 4m he needs while others too will raise money. Told her this venture is not feasible because i know others won't drop any money and i can only give 500k that is comfortable for me. Now she said due to inflation and naira devaluation at black market, we will be needing 5m against the initial 4m and she plans selling my land of 1.5m while i still drop 500k making 2m in total.
My wife sparked that enough is enough. Wetin, kilode, se a man so eran meran ki ikan kan ikan pa ni - why would we tie two rams together while one kills the other. Oko o kin je ti baba ti omo ko ma ni ala - No matter the family bond, there should always be a demarcation between a father's land and his son. Never you merge it together.
Funny enough, i had the intention of selling the land several times before but my mum insisted i shouldn't sell it but build it but now that she needs money, the land can be sold.
Whenever i say No to there financial requests, she will start shouting and crying that she knows how she suffered on us, what she went through to train us, hiw she collected loans and cooperatives to make sure we become somebody in life but now that it is time for us to pay back, for her to sit down and start eating the fruits of her labour, we are always complaining.
That if we are considerate, even before she ask for A, we should have provided A B C because of her sacrifice on us, all this she will be saying after calling family meeting on my head with church pastors to mediate on it.
I can't even count the numbers of time pastors and family members have come to mediate on these issues.
Funny enough, it's not as if she is doing bad. She is a headmistress in govt. school earning about 170k per month and with the new minimum wage, she should earn 200k while dad retired as VP in secondary school and taking pension of 70k.
Our 3rd born is on my monthly pay of 20k per month yet always complaining that she is not enjoying me again especially since i got married, that i hardly give lump sum of maybe 100/200k unlike now that i always grumble before giving 20k.
I am really tired Capslocked. Really tired.
I'm working but i hardly buy clothes for myself or use good car or furnished my apartment to taste.
It has always been responsibilities upon responsibilities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by CAPSLOCKED: 10:10am On May 04, 2020
emmaodet:

I am really tired Capslocked. Really tired..

IT'S LIKE THIS IN MANY FAMILIES, AND YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY PERSON GOING THROUGH THINGS.
YOU LET THEM KNOW YOUR POSITION. YOU LET THEM IN ON ALL THE DETAILS, INCLUDING HOW MUCH YOU EARN.
YOUR SIBLINGS, PARENTS, WIFE, AND HER OWN RELATIVES WILL WANT TO MILK YOU. THAT'S HUMAN NATURE. MONEY IS STRONGER THAN EVERYTHING I KNOW INCLUDING LOVE. I'VE SEEN PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN FIGHT OVER LAND ISSUES. I'VE SEEN WIVES AND HUSBAND FIGHT OVER MONEY. LOVE TAKES THE BACKSEAT FOR MATERIAL THINGS ANY TIME.

TO THE PRESIDENT'S BROTHER, A MONTHLY SALARY OF 300,000 IS BULLSHIT. HE WANTS WHATEVER THE PRESIDENT IS HAVING WITHOUT DOING ANY WORK. THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH NOW.

IF YOU SPEND ALL THIS ON THESE GUYS, WHAT IF TOMORROW YOU LOSE YOUR SOURCE, WILL YOUR KIDS EAT SAND? ARE YOU SAVING FOR THOSE LITTLE ONES AT ALL? WHAT IF YOU'RE NO LONGER THERE TOMORROW, HOW WILL THEY COPE? DO YOU THINK YOUR SIBLINGS WHO YOU'VE LAID DOWN YOUR SOUL FOR, WILL PUT THEMSELVES IN YOUR POSITION FOR YOUR KIDS?

YOUR CASE IS A CLEAR CASE OF MANIPULATION AND BLACKMAIL, AND YOU KNOW THIS. THAT'S WHY FAMILIES FIND IT EASY TO ACCUSE A MAN'S WIFE WHENEVER HE REFUSES TO DANCE TO THEIR MUSIC. SIR, YOU'VE DONE A LOT. I DON'T KNOW YOU OR YOUR FAMILY, BUT BELIEVE ME ME YOU DON'T OWE YOUR PARENTS A DIME. YES. THEY HAD YOU BECAUSE THEY NEEDED YOU AND IT WAS RESPONSIBLE OF THEM TO BE THERE UNTIL YOU GROW INTO AN ADULT. IN ADVANCED COUNTRIES, YOU'LL SEE PARENTS PAY FOR CHILD SUPPORT, BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE CHILDREN PAY PARENT SUPPORT. cheesy
ALL YOU DO IS OUT OF FREEWILL AND YOU WON'T KILL YOURSELF TO PLEASE THEM. I REMEMBER WHEN MOM'S WANTED TO GO DO OMUGWO FOR BIG SIS. MOMS SAID IF YOU DON'T SEND FLIGHT MONEY I'M NOT COMING. THIS BABE SENT NOTHING.. NASO EVERYBODY DEY THEIR DEY. cheesy
NOBODY FROM HERE GOES OUT OF THEIR WAY TO PLEASE THESE OLD PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN KIDS AND LIVES TO LIVE. YOUR SIBLINGS MUST SIT UP MY MAN AND YOU HAVE TO DRAW THE LINE. DRAW THE LINE AND STICK TO YOUR PRINCIPLES AND I PROMISE YOU EVERYBODY WILL ADJUST AFTER A WHILE OF REVOLTING. IF THEY BREAK YOU DOWN YOUR SIBLINGS WILL BE THERE FOR THEIR KIDS, AND WHERE WILL YOU BE?

DRAW THE LINE AND STICK TO YOUR PRINCIPLES. THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO AS THE FUTURE IS UNPREDICTABLE.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Pavore9: 11:05am On May 04, 2020
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm
Capslocked
These are some of the things my parent use when i don't give them enough from what they demanded.
After graduating and luckily got a job, parent my mum in particular placed a lot of burden and expectations on me.
I roofed there house, furnished it and they moved in. After that demand upon demand upon demand from me.
Gave my uncle who is her junior brother 1m to travel out after mum pestered me, gave her my first car (nissan pathfinder) after pressuring family to give it to her, co-sponsored my junior brother to duabi with 500k - now he is working in a company there earning about 250k per month, sponsored another of her family to dubai again late last year.
The most annoying of all is our last born. She told me he wants to go to Europe and i will need to support with 1m from the 4m he needs while others too will raise money. Told her this venture is not feasible because i know others won't drop any money and i can only give 500k that is comfortable for me. Now she said due to inflation and naira devaluation at black market, we will be needing 5m against the initial 4m and she plans selling my land of 1.5m while i still drop 500k making 2m in total.
My wife sparked that enough is enough. Wetin, kilode, se a man so eran meran ki ikan kan ikan pa ni - why would we tie two rams together while one kills the other. Oko o kin je ti baba ti omo ko ma ni ala - No matter the family bond, there should always be a demarcation between a father's land and his son. Never you merge it together.
Funny enough, i had the intention of selling the land several times before but my mum insisted i shouldn't sell it but build it but now that she needs money, the land can be sold.
Whenever i say No to there financial requests, she will start shouting and crying that she knows how she suffered on us, what she went through to train us, hiw she collected loans and cooperatives to make sure we become somebody in life but now that it is time for us to pay back, for her to sit down and start eating the fruits of her labour, we are always complaining.
That if we are considerate, even before she ask for A, we should have provided A B C because of her sacrifice on us, all this she will be saying after calling family meeting on my head with church pastors to mediate on it.
I can't even count the numbers of time pastors and family members have come to mediate on these issues.
Funny enough, it's not as if she is doing bad. She is a headmistress in govt. school earning about 170k per month and with the new minimum wage, she should earn 200k while dad retired as VP in secondary school and taking pension of 70k.
Our 3rd born is on my monthly pay of 20k per month yet always complaining that she is not enjoying me again especially since i got married, that i hardly give lump sum of maybe 100/200k unlike now that i always grumble before giving 20k.
I'm working but i hardly buy clothes for myself or use good car or furnished my apartment to taste.

In all these, have you ever reflected over a situation should you loose your job or have health challenges that cuts your earning capacity, will your children' welfare be affected? Will your mum and siblings step in to assist with the responsibilities?

Let me cite an example, while growing up in Ojota, Lagos we had a neighbour who lived in a 3 bedroom apartment, he was unmarried and 5 of his younger siblings living with him while paying for the rent of another 3 bedroom in the next street where his 2 elders brothers and their families lived together. Every Sunday his elder brothers' children did come to eat at his place, that place was like a barrack.

This guy was then working with a foreign telecommunication company that was a technical partner to the now defunct NITEL, guy was living so fly and forming Jesus Christ of his family, he finally got married when he was in his early 40s and within a year after he got married, the company folded as NITEL could no longer meet up with the financial obligations.

The company gave him severance package alongside the official car he was using. Instead of him to make drastic changes, he continued to allow the siblings live with him and still paying the rent of the other flat, didn't repaint the car to give the impression he was still working with the company while hoping to get another job soon. Forward one year later, no job and expired rent. Had to move to a self contain apartment with the wife and daughter while the siblings dispersed. He used the car for taxi but the Peugeot 504 was consuming more than it was earning, he sold it off to at least to feed his family. This man struggled with some health challenges and died 7 years after he got married leaving behind a wife and 3 children, the oldest being 6. The widow sold cooked food at the chemical market Ojota to raise those children.

That is why it is common to hear in Nigeria people saying that their fathers carried the responsibilities of his family of origin but when he died or things became rough for him financially, relatives turned away.

In all, it is not selfishness for the welfare of self and your own children to come first before relatives.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by WiseBukoye(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2020
Pavore9:

In all these, have you ever reflected over a situation should you loose your job or have health challenges that cuts your earning capacity, will your children' welfare be affected? Will your mum and siblings step in to assist with the responsibilities?

Let me cite an example, while growing up in Ojota, Lagos we had a neighbour who lived in a 3 bedroom apartment, he was unmarried and 5 of his younger siblings living with him while paying for the rent of another 3 bedroom in the next street where his 2 elders brothers and their families lived together. Every Sunday his elder brothers' children did come to eat at his place, that place was like a barrack.

This guy was then working with a foreign telecommunication company that was a technical partner to the now defunct NITEL, guy was living so fly and forming Jesus Christ of his family, he finally got married when he was in his early 40s and within a year after he got married, the company folded as NITEL could no longer meet up with the financial obligations.

The company gave him severance package alongside the official car he was using. Instead of him to take drastic changes, he continued to allow the siblings live with him and still paying the rent of the other flat, didn't repaint the car to give the impression he was still working with the company while hoping to get another job soon. Forward one year later, no job and expired rent. Had to move to a self contain apartment with the wife and daughter while the siblings dispersed. He used the car for taxi but the Peugeot 504 was consuming more than it was earning, he sold it off to at least to feed his family. This man struggled with some health challenges and died 7 years after he got married leaving behind a wife and 3 children, the oldest being 6. The widow sold cooked food at the chemical market Ojota to raise those children.

That is why it is common to hear in Nigeria people saying that their fathers carried the responsibilities of his family of origin but when he died or things became rough for him financially, relatives turned away.

In all, it is not selfishness for the welfare of self and your own children to come first before relatives.

So pathetic and insightful.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by akaahs(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2020
Hmmmm, I'm the first born of 7, our dad died 15 years ago. I remembered when I told my mother to stop giving birth after her 5 Child, she was shocked as I was 14 years at that time but all my warning fell on deaf hear. Now she is left with training of my siblings which I am deeply involved cause she lost her job two years ago.
Each time I remembered how I spent on my siblings, I shed tears. Yet to marry but with heavy responsibility like a married man.
During our last year meeting, I have to tell them that I can't kill myself moreover I wasn't there when they (my parents) took their vows, so, every one should stand up for his/her responsibilities. I can only support with the little I have.
I need to save myself first as I drop dead today, their lives ll surely move on.

4 Likes

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by IhateThemMods: 12:11pm On May 04, 2020
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm
Capslocked

Bro to be first son no be here oh... I be first son tho I never start but I know say na my pman go be problem even tho the man never contributed anything to the welfare of me and my siblings, but as first son I know say na me get the job as my siblings don swear say their papa no go chop their money. But the painful thing be say na still the same man disown me because I refused to stand by him in his lies and told him the blank truth without mixing words. But still na my papa... Na him disown me no be disown am.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by IhateThemMods: 12:27pm On May 04, 2020
Kekereekun123:
My mother was called stingy mean and evil for investing while sometimes neglecting us tho she tried her best. Today i dont hate her anymore as she has never asked me for money since i started working. A lot of my colleagues once salary comes parents and siblings chop over 60 to 70%. Lucky for my my mum has rental income and is enjoying her retirement. People should be wise o

My mom is going this way. She is really investing heavily in building and to top it all, she is single handedly training 4 kids whilst my father is alive and doesn't really care about his family. We don't have the best of things, not even close to good but I know when she's retired and I'm working, she will give me time to do wonderful something for her based on the fact she's investing on the future.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by bukatyne(f): 12:33pm On May 04, 2020
MMotimo:

cheesy smiley
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by bukatyne(f): 12:44pm On May 04, 2020
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm
Capslocked

Woaw!

You need to think of yourself and immediate family.

These things don't really end well and people will keep blackmailing you as long as you let them to.
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by annayawchee: 1:02pm On May 04, 2020
Let me just quietly leave the way I came.

Mine is way worst than everything here.

God dey
Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Kaamisha: 1:26pm On May 04, 2020
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm
Capslocked

Take a break from your family. Disappear for 6-12 months. When you come back, they will be grateful for everything you do and not complain again if you don't. If you can do it, you will thank me later. That is the moral of the Biblical story of the prodigal son. The one who disappeared was celebrated after he returned, not the one who was there all the time. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Are No Longer Retirement Plans by Raalsalghul: 6:27pm On May 04, 2020
Jokers!

Tomorrow, you folks will advise a man earning 30k a month to get hitched and start small.

You even go as far as to remind how time is passing: how he'll spend his old age lonely.

Abi una know know say na like that e dey start? cheesy

In a failed state like Nigeria, abortion/birth control/family planning should be preached aggressively.

Those who fail to comply should serve prison sentences. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men! We Really Need To Rethink Our Life And Our Trusts! / Help.......my Bet9ja Account Name Is Different From My Bank Name / If You Found Out That Your Beloved Dad Is Dating Your Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.