Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes (955 Views)

Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos / Coronavirus: China Delivers Food To Quarantined People Through A Robot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by jumia1: 9:37pm On May 02, 2020
A company in Texas claims it has built a robot capable of killing the coronavirus with high intensity bursts of UVC light. UVC light is a more obscure part of the spectrum than traditional UV light and consists of a shorter, more energetic wavelength. Xenex Disinfection Services says that it has developed a robot that can emit high bursts of this light to zap the coronavirus away from surfaces. Apparently, it’s already being used in US military bases, police barracks and campuses at a couple of universities. During testing, the LightStrike robot destroyed SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19, in two minutes according to the company blog. TOP ARTICLES 1/5 READ MORE My husband has kidney cancer but the government still hasn’t classified him as vulnerable Testing was performed at the Texas Biomedical Research Institute, one of the world’s leading independent research institutes working exclusively on infectious diseases.

Testing was performed at the Texas Biomedical Research Institute, one of the world’s leading independent research institutes working exclusively on infectious diseases.

Each robot uses a xenon lamp to generate bursts of high intensity, full germicidal spectrum UVC light, which is more intense than sunlight. It deactivates viruses, bacteria and spores and is capable of altering the intensity because different pathogens are susceptible to UVC light at different wavelengths. The robot works alone because the intensity of light means humans can’t be in the same room in case it damages their eyes. Decontamination doesn’t come cheap, though. The company is selling the robots for $100,000 (£80,000) each and reports are that several high-profile clients are waiting in the wings to buy one.
click and watch the video here:http://jumiaforum.com/texas-company-made-a-robot-that-can-kill-covid-19-in-2-minutes/

1 Like

Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by Sinerman: 9:45pm On May 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by Ernezee(m): 10:02pm On May 02, 2020
I hope this is true cos I can't wait for life to be back to normal...
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by BENEFICIAL12(m): 10:16pm On May 02, 2020
PLS LET THE MICROBIOLOGIST IN NIGERIA START SOMETHING PLS
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by yuswrld20(m): 11:07pm On May 02, 2020
huh y nt approved by who
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by Uyi168: 1:32am On May 03, 2020
yuswrld20:
huh y nt approved by who
..dont tell me u Believe the story..
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by Xsem(m): 4:51am On May 03, 2020
BENEFICIAL12:
PLS LET THE MICROBIOLOGIST IN NIGERIA START SOMETHING PLS

Many of them are selling wigs, some are jn the banks or market selling food items.
Lucky few are working as receptionists in breweries

The truth is that Nigeria has no good research labs and even at that they will rather fund useless ventures like bbn and the likes instead of investing in research.

Going to lab and working on discovering an anti virus for the corona virus is not easy at all. Money is needed. Lots of it and that's why you wealthy men like bill gates funding it with his own team of scientists.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by Braveryy(m): 4:52am On May 03, 2020
In 2 minutes to achieve decontamination... Nice.

How bou making something that can heal, even even if it is in 3 days?
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by yuswrld20(m): 1:20pm On May 03, 2020
Uyi168:
..dont tell me u Believe the story..
believe keh
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by knowhowk: 1:45pm On May 03, 2020
Ernezee:
I hope this is true cos I can't wait for life to be back to normal...
. Meaning you are buying one yourself for $100,000 .You must be really Loaded ...
Re: Texas Company Made A Robot That Can Kill Covid-19 In 2 Minutes by jumia1: 6:23pm On May 03, 2020
The sunlight is a enough for us here

(1) (Reply)

We Want To Go Home, We've Stayed Up To 40 Days No Symptoms -covid-19 Patients / 6 Concerning Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts Women Of All Ages Need To Know About / How Much Do Reddington Hospital Pay Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.