Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (74811 Views)

Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience / An American’s Experience Of Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus / Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Today being 23 march 2020, I went to LUTH due to the appointment I have with the E.N.T doctor. When the time came for the Dr to see us the patients, she addressed us and asked everyone to go home due to the corona virus epidemic and how unprepared the hospital was to protect staff working there.

She reveald that LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL does not have enough air ventiletor, that LUTH only has about 15 ventilators and the nature of ENT clinic demands close contact with patients for thorough examination and she won't risk her life even if she has ventilators.

She told us to either wait until the epidemic is over or go to NCDC and get tested for the virus assuring us that if an individual can get two negative result within 48hrs and bring the result for confirmation, then she will attend to the person.

I immediately took bike from LUTH gate to CDC office yaba, got there and explained everything to them, they directed me to MAINLAND HOSPITAL (IDH) around Yabatech.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2020
Got to the hospital and explained to the man inside information management box outside the main hospital entrance and he asked me to go inside and ask of OPD ward.

- got inside the hospital and met a doctor, after explaining how i came from LUTH to CDC office at Yaba which later directed me here.

- DR asked me to go back to CDC yaba and get a referal letter from them, that someone cant just walk into the hospital and demand covid-19 test and he will get it.

- I ignored him and met a nurse, explained to her and she asked me to go to ward c.

- came to ward c, and found some nurses discussing in their office, I was about to approach them and they asked me to stay far not to come any further and say what i want to say. So i told them that am here to get tested and how the Dr at LUTH refused to attend to me unless i get a result from CDC indicating am negative. They asked me find a seat and wait for them that they will attend to me.

46 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 11:22am On Mar 23, 2020
I've been sitting here with one guy since 1hr plus now and there is no one that has attended to us and all the nurses were just going up and down.
What made me to sit this long was because of this ENT issue at LUTH if not for that, i wouldnt have waited this long just to get tested.
-i noticed that the staffs were being reluctant to carryout the test or maybe they dont have the test kit, and if the later is the issue then its a A BIG SHAME.

I cant wait any longer, i'll have to go and wait until (if) the pandemic is over.
My FELLOW NIGERIANS, MAY GOD HELP US IN THIS COVID-19 ISSUE.

Pls go and corroborate my story and if anyone have any idea on how to get tested and the procedures involved, let the person share with us.

361 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Jamesrock(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2020
Forget the statistics you see in Media... This shit is already full blown!!! Nah in two weeks time we go know!!!

Once it happens, I’m sure we can’t survive it, make our case no worse pass Italy own

This should hit front page o

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by CheedyJ(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2020
Expired country.. Pueeh..

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by vincentjk(m): 11:39am On Mar 23, 2020
May God help us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2020
I was here by 9:55am and the time is now 11:41am, i should have left but i just decided to fulfil all rightousness and wait for them until 12:00 o'clock before leaving.
-NB. I'VE MET WITH THE NURSE SEVERALLY AND SHE STILL ASKED ME TO SIT DOWN AND WAIT. She is even afraid of coming close to me sef, lol

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by meum: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2020
What a country! I can't wait to hear how much they'll claim was spent when it's all over.

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 11:59am On Mar 23, 2020
Pls push this to front page for wider opinion and advice Cc lalasticlala Cc mynd44

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
Third world. We are on our own o. All we should do is stay safe and wait till the civilized world develop a cure. I don't blame any of the medical parties, if you catch anything you are on your own.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by drezzyx(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2020
I weep for this country, I swear if this thing should get out of hand.

Buhari is in trouble.

Lukewarm attitude from d president down to those public healthcare..

Even advanced countries better than us are even finding it hard to contain and everybody is behaving like coronavirus is not for me and my family.

They should continue for me I am not going anywhere anytime soon.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by paschal9(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
If we don't order a nationwide lockdown now and unless there is an approved cure available in time, we might reach a point (God forbid!) where we have Covid19 outside and Hunger inside. At that time there won't a hiding place.i do appreciate if the government orders #totallockdown undecided cry embarassed

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by SultanOfPuna: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Drr
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by BruncleZuma: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ndo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
Millions might just die in Africa.

Referral letter for Covid-19 test, nawa ohhh

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Easybela(f): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
grin

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by ambu2: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2020
This poor attitude is a daily occurrence in our public hospitals across Nigeria. Worst of all is that there is nobody to complain to. You just take every blow on your chin and hope for the best.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by joshjc(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Why did you go for the test,are you coming from any of the high risk country or you had contact with any of the infected patients?
Covid 19 is not malaria that you will walk in into any hospital to perform a test

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Jeromejnr(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
This is the reason why Lagosians especially should stop joking around. Because when the hospitals become overwhelmed, you can imagine with most nurses complacent attitude what is going to happen in the country.

May God help the black race.

28 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Sonnobax15(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
undecided I'm not surprised at all...my once and only visit to the general hospital in my town back in 2006 taught me alot of lessons...the "i-don't-care" attitude of our nurses and doctors may even compel a covid19 victim to wish for quick death...the way they'd bash and scold you alone go be like say you miss the last penalty-kick for world cup final..

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by JosephXavier: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Oooin
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
God knows that if it struck africa first we will be long gone that's why he allowed us to witness it last or else we for don die finish.. Our government na scam

19 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Kendumazy(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hmmm. And they are shouting online as if there is adequate preparations already. Audio preparation everywhere. It's well!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ogilinsaka: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
What do you expect? When other countries have COVID-19, What we have is KOVIK ONE NINE

40 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Sheriman(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
We only have mortuaries in Nigeria those ones aren't hospitals

12 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by CsRockefeller(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:
Got to the hospital and explained to the man inside information management box outside the main hospital entrance and he asked me to go inside and ask of OPD ward.

- got inside the hospital and met a doctor, after explaining how i came from LUTH to CDC office at Yaba which later directed me here.

- DR asked me to go back to CDC yaba and get a referal letter from them, that someone cant just walk into the hospital and demand covid-19 test and he will get it.

- I ignored him and met a nurse, explained to her and she asked me to go to ward c.

- came to ward c, and found some nurses discussing in their office, I was about to approach them and they asked me to stay far not to come any further and say what i want to say . So i told them that am here to get tested and how the Dr at LUTH refused to attend to me unless i get a result from CDC indicating am negative. They asked me find a seat and wait for them that they will attend to me.

grin

I can only imagine how they said it especially if they were from a certain tribe.

The fact/truth is that our medical personnel and facilities are not equipped to handle this situation. If an outbreak occurs, then it's OYO for everyone.

14 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by toluleke(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Just try and be careful and safe. This plague has short down even family trust no one wants to die. We just pray the virus doesn't start killing cos we ain't prepared enough

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by baike: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Okkkkkkkkk

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by cRobo: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sad
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Brendaniel: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do People Still Smoke After Seeing This? / Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.