Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library (1547 Views)

Learn Vfx And Cgi Minimal Video Editing With Me For Free / REVENGE Trailer CGI 3D Animated Web Series - Made In Nigeria / Check Out This 3D Modeling Art Work By Mark Eyesan ( CGI ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 11:40am On May 03, 2020
Good day guys, this will be my first dedicated thread on nairaland where I post my finished works and works in progress, this is more of a tribute to the guys that inspire me here Nijabazaar and Reidkrugger and a host of others but this guys have shown me what is possible even in Nigeria.

I am not that knowledgeable to call myself a pro but I make sure to put in the work everyday with dedicated and project based learning.

Welcome

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 11:50am On May 03, 2020
Some cosmetic product visualization

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 11:52am On May 03, 2020
I have to water down the quality of the images as nairaland has a restriction of file size in place

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 11:53am On May 03, 2020
Here is another one with minimal lightning, lighting seems to be my biggest challenge at the moment.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 11:54am On May 03, 2020
I like product render for now because of how you can get really great close up of them and it'd still be perfect and I like commercials too.

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 11:55am On May 03, 2020
Something I whipped up after a tutorial.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by erad(m): 11:58am On May 03, 2020
Cool...

Please start making mockups.
There's a large market for it especially among designers.
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 12:00pm On May 03, 2020
Oh yeah I am picking up speed in after effects too.

Here's a bit of yesterday's project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRrdMB4CE48
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 12:01pm On May 03, 2020
erad:
Cool...

Please start making mockups.
There's a large market for it especially among designers.
Thanks I will, can you give me idea of what sells, what do designers want most.

I can start there.
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by banjicom(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
theGigolo:

Thanks I will, can you give me idea of what sells, what do designers want most.

I can start there.

If i may ask what is the spes of your pc?
How long does it takes to draw and render this?

Your works are amazing, i wish i can get started like this soon.
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 12:15pm On May 03, 2020
banjicom:

If i may ask what is the spes of your pc?
How long does it takes to draw and render this?

Your works are amazing, i wish i can get started like this soon.

I use a core i5 laptop
With 8gb RAM and 2gb Nvidia GeForce card
Rendering one high end image with light and everything can take up to 30+ mins
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by davinero1: 2:22pm On May 03, 2020
Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.
These are sick. They're quite reflective. Just the type I love.

Do you use Blender for yours?
How can I contact you man?
theGigolo:

I use a core i5 laptop
With 8gb RAM and 2gb Nvidia GeForce card
Rendering one high end image with light and everything can take up to 30+ mins
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by nijabazaar: 2:32pm On May 03, 2020
theGigolo:
Good day guys, this will be my first dedicated thread on nairaland where I post my finished works and works in progress, this is more of a tribute to the guys that inspire me here Nijabazaar and Reidkrugger and a host of others but this guys have shown me what is possible even in Nigeria.

I am not that knowledgeable to call myself a pro but I make sure to put in the work everyday with dedicated and project based learning.

Welcome

You are very much welcome to the stable. You'll be a Giant.
Looking forward to more of your pieces and future collabos.

How did you achieve those reflections, HDRs or normal lights? Lovely
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 3:56pm On May 03, 2020
nijabazaar:

You are very much welcome to the stable. You'll be a Giant.
Looking forward to more of your pieces and future collabos.

How did you achieve those reflections, HDRs or normal lights? Lovely

Hdr light studio and thanks chief.

I simply followed your advice, thanks for meeting me back then.
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 3:57pm On May 03, 2020
davinero1:
Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.
These are sick. They're quite reflective. Just the type I love.

Do you use Blender for yours?
How can I contact you man?

Cinema 4D
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by reidkrugger(m): 7:49am On May 06, 2020
theGigolo:

Welcome

I'm am indeed honoured at this mention especially coming from someone like you and also in awe at seeing your works and what you have been able to achieve. you are good at what u do yourself. Thanks for reppin Naija in d industry.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by montumonami(m): 4:52am On May 09, 2020
Nice one. Here are two samples of my work.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 8:03am On May 09, 2020
montumonami:

This are really nice man, you have skill.
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by Nobody: 10:17am On May 09, 2020
theGigolo:

Welcome
come join my team,are u in lagos ?
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by theGigolo: 2:56pm On May 09, 2020
fabiano09:

come join my team,are u in lagos ?

Yes, I am

What does your team/company do?
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 09, 2020
theGigolo:

Yes, I am

What does your team/company do?
Call me when you can , my number is there
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by NoChill: 8:32pm On May 11, 2020
Nice one bro. Continue the good work
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by odimbannamdi(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2020
montumonami:

Which app did you use for these?
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by odimbannamdi(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2020
What does CGI mean?
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by Mrachiever(m): 7:56pm On May 12, 2020
theGigolo:

Welcome

Perfect finishing bro.
I wish to learn this...pls can you take me?
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by Nobody: 10:14am On May 13, 2020
odimbannamdi:
What does CGI mean?
Computer generated imagery
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by nijabazaar: 3:51pm On May 13, 2020
@Fabian, A little confession, when I was deciding my career path and someone mentioned CGI, my heart went fiam. It sounded like some high end programming grin

Some acronyms can make you lily livered

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by montumonami(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2020
Blender for modeling and Keyshot for the rendering
odimbannamdi:

Which app did you use for these?
Re: My Journey To Being A CGI Artist - My Library by montumonami(m): 6:08pm On May 13, 2020
grin
nijabazaar:
@Fabian, A little confession, when I was deciding my career path and someone mentioned CGI, my heart went fiam. It sounded like some high end programming grin

Some acronyms can make you lily livered

(1) (Reply)

The Animation Podcast / What's Wrong With This Image / OAU Final Year Student Sculpting The Image Of The Ooni Of Ife (pics In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.