Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,492 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

The Latest:nigerian Book Publishing, Writing And Marketing. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Latest:nigerian Book Publishing, Writing And Marketing. (1307 Views)

Top Nigerian Book Publishers Still Active / How To Make Steady Income Writing And Publishing Your Book On Amazon Kindle / Book Publishing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Latest:nigerian Book Publishing, Writing And Marketing. by bookrep: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
This is an excerpt from the book, Publishing For Newbies by Olaniyi Folarin. Visit www.progresspublishing. to order for your own copy of the e-book.

August 2010, I went to one of the largest library in West Africa and did a 30 year research on book publishing in the U.S.A. In this chapter, I will ruminate a little bit on book writing, publishing and marketing for new brooms in our industry. I dedicate this to writers who're passionate about writing but don't know their way out in the book publishing industry.

BOOK WRITING: Yes, you have written the book. You have already typed it but not yet edited.Just last week, a friend of yours advised you to go online and find a professional editor. You found me and I charged you N39 per word. Your book is a 10 thousand word book and you are confused and you can't make progress again. This is what I advise you to do as a newbie.
EDITING FOR THE YOUNG WRITER: Give the book to your well educated friends or elders. Tell them to thoroughly read through, proofread and return in two weeks. Keep calling them, reminding them of this great task, promising to dedicate the book to them.
If you are a student , then you need to give the book to a trusted teacher of yours to 'look into.'
Tell him this, " I wrote a book and dedicated it to you. I will like you to proofread and write a foreword on the book. I will kindly appreciate it"
No teacher will ever refuse to do this for his or her student. He/ she knows the implication of this book dedicated to him or her.
Now that you have collected back your manuscript from your friends or teacher, see their editing as a critic and now compare and contrast to your original writings. You pretty need your intuition to work for you when correcting your mistakes based on external editions. After editing comes publishing. Publishing starts from editing and also transcends to design- which leads to print.
Publishing is still divided into: - Commercial/ Trade
- Self Publishing.
Re: The Latest:nigerian Book Publishing, Writing And Marketing. by ucmore: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Some publishers offer editing services at cheap rate. try www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng I have worked with them.

(1) (Reply)

My Tribute To Christy Essien, Nigeria’s Queen Of Soul / 100s Loss Their Homes To Flood In Makurdi / Kingdom Of Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.