Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room (3161 Views)

Two Big Cats Killed In My Bedroom After They Engaged In Serious Fight / Watch The TV Documentary Of 5 Secret Leaked Videos NASA Doesn't Want You To See! / Just Killed A Snake In Our Living Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by mayim(m): 11:44pm On May 05, 2020
Hello good ppl, so I want to get a big smart TV for my living room owing to the fact that I live in a bigger apartment now and my current Tv is too small for the living room. So the plan is to move the small Tv to my room while the smart Tv is in the living room. The challenge is that I’d want to be able to watch the same thing showing on the smart Tv when I’m in my room. Kindly suggest how to make that possible. Thanks as I anticipate your suggestions on this.
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:00am On May 06, 2020
if the small TV is hdmi friendly, then use a HDMI splitter... or just use two separate set top box for cable tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFq9PDyKiw
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by Nobody: 12:20am On May 06, 2020
Op Ur topic is confusing... Living room in your living room?
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by mayim(m): 12:40am On May 06, 2020
Chechekojnr:
Op Ur topic is confusing... Living room in your living room?
Thanks for pointing that out, It’s been corrected.
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by mayim(m): 12:44am On May 06, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
if the small TV is hdmi friendly, then use a HDMI splitter... or just use two separate set top box for cable tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFq9PDyKiw
Thanks but it looks like this will only work if/when the two TVs are close to each other to enable you connect both to the splitter.
I’m curious as to whether there is a wireless device that can do the job since the TVs are in different rooms
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:55am On May 06, 2020
mayim:

Thanks but it looks like this will only work if/when the two TVs are close to each other to enable you connect both to the splitter.
I’m curious as to whether there is a wireless device that can do the job since the TVs are in different rooms

yes you can use an AMAZON FIRESTICK.
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by mayim(m): 7:47am On May 06, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

yes you can use an AMAZON FIRESTICK.
Thanks. So I went to look it up but found out that amazon fire stick helps you mirror Your phone or computer on your TV.
Any more suggestions pls, I’m also not very tech savvy so I’d appreciate something someone has used before successfully and can explain to me in simple terms. Mod, kindly help move this to where it’ll gather more views. I’m sure lots of people need this information as much as I do.
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by DiGiTaLIYKE(m): 8:17pm On May 06, 2020
Mr.OP, I guess u wanna use both TVs with same decoder? If yes, then I can help u with the necessary connections.
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:37pm On May 06, 2020
mayim:

Thanks. So I went to look it up but found out that amazon fire stick helps you mirror Your phone or computer on your TV.
Any more suggestions pls, I’m also not very tech savvy so I’d appreciate something someone has used before successfully and can explain to me in simple terms. Mod, kindly help move this to where it’ll gather more views. I’m sure lots of people need this information as much as I do.

Amazon Firestick connect to the internet, and you can get whatever content you desire...
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by mayim(m): 8:50pm On May 06, 2020
DiGiTaLIYKE:
Mr.OP, I guess u wanna use both TVs with same decoder? If yes, then I can help u with the necessary connections.
Actually that’s not it, one is a smart Tv and I want the other one to show whatever is showing on the Smart Tv
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by mayim(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Amazon Firestick connect to the internet, and you can get whatever content you desire...
I agree, but how do I get the other Tv in the room to show the same thing?
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by DiGiTaLIYKE(m): 10:47pm On May 06, 2020
mayim:

Actually that’s not it, one is a smart Tv and I want the other one to show whatever is showing on the Smart Tv

You need a wireless transmitter box for that. U may have to call an expert for that
Re: How Do I Connect The TV In My Bedroom To The One In The Living Room by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:02pm On May 06, 2020
mayim:

I agree, but how do I get the other Tv in the room to show the same thing?

plug the amazon firestick into the small tv, then mirror the screen of the smart TV unto your Amazon Firestick....

here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxebmBfN7M

(1) (Reply)

What If I Told You.... / Interesting Facts About Bats / ��tips On How To Extend Your Laptop Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.