Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) (8645 Views)

Shia Islamic Sheikh Hassan Shehata Martyred By Salafists In Egypt / Commemorating The Martyrdom Of The Second Holy Imam,Imam al-Hassan Ibn Ali (as) / What Ali r.a, Hassan and Hussain Thought About the Shia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by hymen(f): 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
Dear Lagos Shia,
I understand your position as a Shia and your opinion on Ahul Bayt.

However I did some research on the other grandson of the Prophet(pbuh) and they can be traced to the King of Jordan.

They are all Sunni,so maybe you're missing something by being too fixated on Imam Hussein(pbuh).

http://www.princehamzah.jo/english/The_Hashemite_Lineage.html

Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2011
the Prophet Muhammad (sa) had 2 grandsons:Hassan and Hussain (may peace be upon them both).

the Prophet said: Hassan and Hussain are the masters of the youth of paradise.

the Prophet also said: Hassan and Hussain are two imams whether standing or sitting.(this is in reference that Imam Hassan did not rise up in revolt while Imam Hussain did.this hadith tells us that both were righteous in their standing and sitting hence they are 2 imams).the son of Imam Hassan known as al-Qassem was one of those who stood with Imam Hussain during the battle of Karbala as the will of Imam Hassan told him to do-i.e. to stand by his uncle,Imam Hussain.

both Hassan and Hussain (may peace be upon them both) are two imams.Imam Hassan is the second imam.then the imamate passed on to Imam Hussain.after Imam Hussain,the imamate continued through Imam Ali as-Sajjad son of Imam Hussain.then one after another till the 12th Imam.

both Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain have many who claim descent from them.there are both descendants of Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain who happen to be "sunni" today.and many more are shia.those you find who happen to be "sunni" are really unfortunate to have ended up that way.there is no doubt not one who claims descent from Hassan and Hussain but their ancestors must have being shia.the shia and the descendants of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) through Hassan and Hussain were persecuted by all the dynasties that ruled especially by the banu umayya and banu abbass.just identifying yourself as "shia" can give you a visa to death.many performed taqiyya in order to save their lives.in that way many ended up hiding their beliefs and identity.in that way or another,their descendants ended up going astray (from the shia path/branch of their fathers,the grandsons of the Prophet Muhammad) and a number today are sunnis.even in Nigeria and north africa you can find those who descended from the Prophet.in shia islam,special significance is given to them.scholars who are descendants of Hassan and Hussain wear a black turban and they are known with the title of "sayyed".other scholars who are not descendants of the Prophet are known as sheikhs and they put on a white turban.the supreme leader of the islamic republic of iran Sayyed Ali Khamanei is one example of a sayyed with a black turban.Ayatollah Khomeini,the founder of the islamic republic is also another.shia islam does boast of more sayyeds from both the descendants of Hassan and Hussain than does sunni islam.

as for the descendants themselves,whether they be sunni or shia what is important is their beliefs to be right and their righteous acts.it is of no use to be a descendant and be misguided or go astray.even children of Prophets (Noah as an example) can go astray.those that we shia really hold in high esteem as a religious duty and we are obliged to believe in them and obey them are the 12 divinely appointed Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) whom the Prophet Muhammad himself foretold.that is a responsibility and an obligation for every muslim to look up to them.as for their descendants and other members of the Ahlul-Bayt,their actions speak for them individually.

as for the king of jordan,he is not even a descendant of Imam Hassan (as).he is a descendant of Abbass Ibn Abdul-Muttalib (as),the Prophet's paternal uncle.for that reason jordan is known as "the hashmite kingdom" a derivation from the "clan of hashem" aka banu hashem.the allegation that the jordanian royal family is a direct descendant of the Prophet through Imam Hassan (as),is only made falsely to claim more importance than they deserve.

by the way,we are commemorating in the shia muslim world the matyrdom of Imam Hassan(as) in the month of safar.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2011
you can read more about "Sayyids":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2011
some of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad about Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain (that i can recall randomly):

1.) "Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain.may Allah love those who love him and hate those who hate him"

2.) "My two grandsons are the delights of my eyes."

3.) "Hassan and Hussain are the leaders of all the youths in Paradise."

4.) "Hassan and Hussain are both Imams!
Wheather they will assume this position publicly or not.".

5.) The Prophet said to Imam Hussain:"you are a sayyed and son of a sayyed and brother of a sayyed and father of 9 sayyeds".
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
a few shia muslim scholars/leaders who are descendants of the Prophet Muhammad through Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain,and are known with the honorific title of Sayyed and they put on black turbans in contrast to shia sheikhs (non-descendants) who put on white turbans):

Ayatollah Sayyed Ruhollah al-Musawi al-Khomeini

Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Khamanei

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah

Ayatollah Ali al-Hussaini al-Sistani

Sayyed Muqtada al-Sadr

Sayyed Musa al-Sadr
[img]http://www.islamidavet.com/wp-content/gallery/musa-sadr/musa_sadr%20(13).jpg[/img]
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by hymen(f): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2011
LagosShia:

as for the king of jordan,he is not even a descendant of Imam Hassan (as).he is a descendant of Abbass Ibn Abdul-Muttalib (as),the Prophet's paternal uncle.for that reason jordan is known as "the hashmite kingdom" a derivation from the "clan of hashem" aka banu hashem.the allegation that the jordanian royal family is a direct descendant of the Prophet through Imam Hassan (as),is only made falsely to claim more importance than they deserve.

by the way,we are commemorating in the shia muslim world the matyrdom of Imam Hassan(as) in the month of safar.
I'm shocked by this ? dDd you check the link I provided? The King says he's a decendant of imam hassan & you're saying he's not ? Can you provide proof of your claim?
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
hymen:

I'm shocked by this ? dDd you check the link I provided? The King says he's a decendant of imam hassan & you're saying he's not ? Can you provide proof of your claim?
well,there is really nothing to shock anyone.whether he is or he is not is not really important because he cannot gain any legitimacy through that when he does not follow the guidance of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).but as far as i know,he is not.infact islam does not support monarchy and that point is especially pronounced in shia islam.

i will look for materials to that effect.when i have them at hand,i will post them.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by hymen(f): 6:07am On Jan 12, 2011
LagosShia:

well,there is really nothing to shock anyone.whether he is or he is not is not really important because he cannot gain any legitimacy through that when he does not follow the guidance of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).but as far as i know,he is not.infact islam does not support monarchy and that point is especially pronounced in shia islam.

i will look for materials to that effect.when i have them at hand,i will post them.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2011
Lagosshia,thumbsup,i just love your ways you know,may Allah reward you.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2011
uplawal:

Lagosshia,thumbsup,i just love your ways you know,may Allah reward you.

Ameen!
may Allah bless you.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by Abuzola1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
hymen:

why are you shock, didn't u read our arguement and see how he deny many of their doctrines.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by LagosShia: 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2011
Abuzola !:

why are you shock, didn't u read our arguement and see how he deny many of their doctrines.

what does your false accusation(already refuted more than once) have to do with believing or not believing that the king of Jordan is a descendant of Imam Hassan (as)?
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Lagosshia,infact i dnt know for him,instead of him to tell hymen his view about the issue,hes there running his mouth to pull Lagosshia down.
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by Abuzola1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mrs uplawal your problem is psychological disorder, by Allah i use to pray for you, you are truely confused, the hadith you believe is evil is what your counterpart is quoting, you seem in despair, you don't even know what you are doing. Pathetic ! O ma se o
LagosShia:

the Prophet Muhammad (sa) had 2 grandsons:Hassan and Hussain (may peace be upon them both).

the Prophet said: Hassan and Hussain are the masters of the youth of paradise.

the Prophet also said: Hassan and Hussain are two imams whether standing or sitting.(this is in reference that Imam Hassan did not rise up in revolt while Imam Hussain did.this hadith tells us that both were righteous in their standing and sitting hence they are 2 imams).
Re: Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) by MightySparrow: 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
What did he say about Shekau?

(1) (Reply)

Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Citadel Of Believers(hisnu Muslim) / Questions Muhammad Should Have Asked Allah, Which He Didn't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.