Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes (655 Views)

Israeli Airstrikes Pound Southern Gaza City Of Rafah / New Israeli Airstrikes Killed At Least 32 People And Injured Dozen (Photo) / Obama’s Reaction To Donald Trump Pulling Out Of The Iranian Nuclear Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Nobody: 7:26am On May 06, 2020
Iran is moving to close its military bases in Syria and could be looking to pull out of the country altogether, after an uptick in deadly strikes on Iranian-linked forces, Israeli defence officials have claimed.

Israel has in recent months intensfied its strikes on Iranian-linked militias and bases in Syria, although Israel rarely claims responsibility for the attacks.

The most recent strikes overnight on Monday reportedly killed 14 Iranian and Iraqi militia fighters in the country's east, as well as targeting a Syrian military base and research centre reportedly involved in chemical weapons development.

Israeli defense officials told The Times of Israel that the recent uptick in strikes has forced Tehran to withdraw some of its forces from the war-torn country.

Iranian forces have been evacuated from a small number of military bases in Syria, the anonymous officials claimed.

The number of Iranian military cargo flight carrying munitions into the country have also dropped signficantly over the past six months, theofficials added.

They claimed the reduction in cargo flights are the result of Israeli strikes on airports where the flights would normally land.

As well as targeting Iran-linked militant groups who fight alongside Bashar al-Assad's forces, such as Lebanon's Hezbollah, Israeli strikes have also targeted regime air defence systems.

Israel wants to send Syria a message that Iranian forces are a burden rather than an asset. "Syria is paying a growing price for the Iranian presence in its territory, for a war that isn't [Syria's]," the officials said.

They added that the Israeli military intends to continue strikes on Iran-linked forces in Syria until they leave thecountry for good.

The officials said the recent successes in countering Iran's presence in the country were also linked to the assassination of top Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani in a US drone strike earlier this year.

Israel has launched hundreds of strikes in Syria since the start of the civil war in 2011, targeting regime troops, allied Iranian forces and Hezbollah fighters.

Despite rarely acknowledging the strikes, Tel Aviv contends that the presence of Tehran-linked forces on its borders consitute a severe threat to Israel.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2020/5/5/israel-claims-iran-pulling-out-of-syria-amid-strikes

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-05-06/Iran-starts-pulling-out-of-Syria-Israeli-media-QgzlmjShtS/index.html

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-05/06/c_139033148.htm
Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Nobody: 7:26am On May 06, 2020

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Whyem15: 7:32pm On May 06, 2020
No names, no evidence, anonymous sources from Zionist media. Iran doesn't even have troops in syria, it has advisers training their allies in syria. All that Netanyahu is doing is posturing to appear strong and make Zionists feel he is what Israel needs right now and he can only do that whike syria is fighting on multiple fronts against rebels and terrorist. The zionist wants to prolong the war in syria for ss long as possible and they try to sabotage the Syrian war efforts by destroying their logistics.
Iran doesn't even need to have a presence in syria before they attack Israel when they have hezbollah in lebanon and Hamas/Islamic jihad in gaza and also ballistic missiles that will reach Israel within minutes. The irondome that has recorded little success with hamas homemade dumb rockets will be useless agsinst ballistic missules. Saudi air defense failures against yemen houthi missiles is just an example.

Originality007:

U can just keep feeding urself and ur fellow israelie haters like urself lies, but no problem u can countinue. Even wen the OP post the source , but still is still no source to u. Cause the news gives more headache that usual one . Al Jazeera's the number one enemy also report it, but wait this will b ur respond ,Al Jazeera has being bought by Israel grin . Here is the source u can read it urself
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/syria-israeli-jets-hit-military-outposts-aleppo-province-200505022122693.html.

God bless the almighty Israel

Ordinarily, I would either ignore you or just tell people like you that you are right and move on with more meaningful things in life but I will indulge you today.
When I mentioned the phrase "anonymous sources" I wasn't referring to the media organizations that reported the news but referring to the sources of the information reported by those Media organizations, the nameless "Israeli defense officials". Is it so much of a bad news that the Israeli government won't want the israeli people to know about it that a certain defense official will have to hide under anonymity to report the news? Shouldn't it be a news netanyahu himself should be reporting and boasting about? Isn't that what the Israeli government has always wanted?
To start with, name any Iranian military base in syria or anywhere in the world outside of Iran (keep in mind that the nameless Israeli defense official said " bases" so you should be able to mention at least one)
It is when governments want to lie to their people that they make use of "officials that wishes to remain anonymous" in media reporting.
Next time read my post more thsn once to help you understand before you qoute me.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by osamz007: 1:52pm On May 08, 2020
Whyem15:
No names, no evidence, anonymous sources from Zionist media. Iran doesn't even have troops in syria, it has advisers training their allies in syria. All that Netanyahu is doing is posturing to appear strong and make Zionists feel he is what Israel needs right now and he can only do that whike syria is fighting on multiple fronts against rebels and terrorist. The zionist wants to prolong the war in syria for ss long as possible and they try to sabotage the Syrian war efforts by destroying their logistics.
Iran doesn't even need to have a presence in syria before they attack Israel when they have hezbollah in lebanon and Hamas/Islamic jihad in gaza and also ballistic missiles that will reach Israel within minutes. The irondome that has recorded little success with hamas homemade dumb rockets will be useless agsinst ballistic missules. Saudi air defense failures against yemen houthi missiles is just an example.

Saudi is different from Israel abeg
Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by iberrylee(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2020
Whyem15:

I won't talk too much I will just advice you to go to YOUTUBE and watch how effective IRONDOME perform and I hope you remember Israel have Nuclear weapon and when they use it on HEZBOLLAH or IRAN no country will complain since ISRAEL will have the backings of USA

1 Like

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by dermmy(m): 4:59pm On May 08, 2020
iberrylee:

I won't talk too much I will just advice you to go to YOUTUBE and watch how effective IRONDOME perform and I hope you remember Israel have Nuclear weapon and when they use it on HEZBOLLAH or IRAN no country will complain since ISRAEL will have the backings of USA

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Originality007: 5:25pm On May 08, 2020
Whyem15:

U can just keep feeding urself and ur fellow israelie haters like urself lies, but no problem u can countinue. Even wen the OP post the source , but still is still no source to u. Cause the news gives more headache that usual one . Al Jazeera's the number one enemy also report it, but wait this will b ur respond ,Al Jazeera has being bought by Israel grin . Here is the source u can read it urself
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/syria-israeli-jets-hit-military-outposts-aleppo-province-200505022122693.html.

God bless the almighty Israel

3 Likes

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Originality007: 5:26pm On May 08, 2020
iberrylee:

They will tell u, is a western propaganda
Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by kemicalreact: 6:07pm On May 08, 2020
iberrylee:

This one is using staged Youtube videos to judge the effectiveness of a weapon system.

Damn grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Whyem15: 8:07pm On May 08, 2020
iberrylee:

Seriously? How old are you? Age shouldn't even be an excuse. Why on earth would you use "certain videos on YouTube" as a reference? I could open a YouTube chanel and feed my viewers with whatever information/disinformation I wish to feed them and people like you will believe. Especially when it comes to issues pertaining to US or Israel since those countries "can do no wrong". On the same YouTube you referenced, there are several videos critical of the iron dome and patriot systems but you chose to watch and believe those that are favour of your views on Israel and US.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2014/07/15/172055/an-explanation-of-the-evidence-of-weaknesses-in-the-iron-dome-defense-system/

The above is an academic article posted on MIT's technology review website by professor. Theodore Postol of the institution. This an example of a sensible refrence when making your point on public forums

1 Like

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Levant: 1:46pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Appleyard(m): 10:22am On May 11, 2020
Whyem15:

Seriously? How old are you? Age shouldn't even be an excuse. Why on earth would you use "certain videos on YouTube" as a reference? I could open a YouTube chanel and feed my viewers with whatever information/disinformation I wish to feed them and people like you will believe. Especially when it comes to issues pertaining to US or Israel since those countries "can do no wrong". On the same YouTube you referenced, there are several videos critical of the iron dome and patriot systems but you chose to watch and believe those that are favour of your views on Israel and US.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2014/07/15/172055/an-explanation-of-the-evidence-of-weaknesses-in-the-iron-dome-defense-system/

The above is an academic article posted on MIT's technology review website by professor. Theodore Postol of the institution. This an example of a sensible refrence when making your point on public forums
Stop wasting your time with kids. It's only someone with a delusional mindset that will think Iran will be pulling completely out of Syria after years of military and humanitarian investment in the country.

They didn't pull out when Israel has complete free pass to and fro the Syrian airspace, and at a time when Assad was just only in control of a tiny piece of the country, it is now that Syria is now in control of more than 95% of its territory they will be running off for so-called intensified Israeli bombing, which in truth has been drastically reduced compared to the early stages of the crisis. Some people just reason with their anus.

Some of this same western pigmified propagandist also hinted in a recent article that Russia is looking to ditch Assad to appease the rebels...(rebels, the overwhelming majority of whom have been sent to heaven for judgement by Russian air power)....for a peaceful transition in the country. Well, I don't blame them. When coronavirus makes you jobless, you've to create job for yourself. cool That explain why you're seeing idiotic posts that Iran is running away from Syria, Russia is ditching Assad, Putin wants Iran out of Syria, and so on. The effect of Coronavirus.

Iran and Israel will forever be at loggerheads come what may, and that's one sad reality that will plague the Middle East till Christ returns.

So let the kids ride on with their delusion, especially with using YouTube videos to hype the patriot defense system, the most underperformed air defense system in the world.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Originality007: 1:28pm On May 11, 2020
[s]
Appleyard:

Stop wasting your time with kids. It's only someone with a delusional mindset that will think Iran will be pulling completely out of Syria after years of military and humanitarian investment in the country.

They didn't pull out when Israel has complete free pass to and fro the Syrian airspace, and at a time when Assad was just only in control of a tiny piece of the country, it is now that Syria is now in control of more than 95% of its territory they will be running off for so-called intensified Israeli bombing, which in truth has been drastically reduced compared to the early stages of the crisis. Some people just reason with their anus.

Some of this same western pigmified propagandist also hinted in a recent article that Russia is looking to ditch Assad to appease the rebels...(rebels, the overwhelming majority of whom have been sent to heaven for judgement by Russian air power)....for a peaceful transition in the country. Well, I don't blame them. When coronavirus makes you jobless, you've to create job for yourself. cool That explain why you're seeing idiotic posts that Iran is running away from Syria, Russia is ditching Assad, Putin wants Iran out of Syria, and so on. The effect of Coronavirus.

Iran and Israel will forever be at loggerheads come what may, and that's one sad reality that will plague the Middle East till Christ returns.

So let the kids ride on with their delusion, especially with using YouTube videos to hype the patriot defense system, the most underperformed air defense system in the world.

[/s]
Re: Iran Pulling Out Of Syria Amid Intensified Israeli Airstrikes by Bbbwings: 4:13pm On May 11, 2020
Appleyard:

Assad will always have my respect.
Very soon the whole of Syria will be in under his control again.
He's not going to end up like gadaffi.

(1) (Reply)

France Ractifies Law Ending Use Of CFA In West Africa. / Fox News Is Dead, Really Sad - Donald Trump / A Military Coup Underway In Guinea-conakry Right Now Since 6 :00 AM GMT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.