Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown (460 Views)

The Anambra Sex Party Wasn't Organized By Our Students - UNIZIK SUG / Finally!! My JAMB Result Puts Smiles On My Face. / UNIZIK SUG President, Others Beat Up Security Man For Locking School Gate(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown by iamstanc(m): 1:20pm On May 06, 2020
It was truly a "We Care" rub on the cheeks of the students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University on Monday as the Dr Chinedu Umeadi Foundation (DCUF) listened to the cries of the Student Union Government and came all out with mouth watering and wowing palliatives to cushion the harsh effect of the lockdown on students who were more or less trapped in school.

The lockdown which was caused by the ravaging pandemic kicked off over a month ago and has thrown the world into confusion of which Nigeria wasn't left out.

Many students were feeling abandoned as news of neighbouring towns and villages around the city of Awka receiving relief materials from the state government and well meaning individuals kept making the news headlines. This prompted the ever active Student Union Government led by H.E Comr. Samuel Jude Chimuanya to write to appeal to the DCUF who promptly responded and left many mouths oily and bellies heavy.

The Dr Chinedu Umeadi Foundation which has 4 main aims and objectives, one of which is to alleviate hunger and poverty lived true to what she stands for on Monday as Zikites were surprised with about 200 cartons of Indomie noodles, 400 tubers of yam, 400 sachets of industrial salt, 400 sachets of vegetable oil, hand sanitizers, amongst other palliatives that were brought to ease the effect of the hunger caused by the lockdown due to the pandemic.

The president of the Student Union Government, H.E Comr. Samuel Jude Chimuanya who was unavoidably absent but was ably represented by the Director of Entrepreneurship, Comr. Keonyegwachie Valentine Chika, in his statement during an interview session with us made it clear that this is just the beginning of the good things the present government has in mind for zikites as their interest is first on his list.

Speaking in an interview with Obidike Uche, a 100 level student of Agric Economics and Extension, he was full of appreciation to the Dr Chinedu Umeadi Foundation and the SUG for having the students in mind. In his words, "I feel happy and alright because I didn't expect this. I just saw the information and submitted my name and came here and they have blessed us with foodstuffs. I don't know how long the lockdown will last but this can sustain me for a while before I can go home again."

Other students were full of appreciation and full of joy even as they went home because they were sure of food for the next one week or more.

The entire students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka are grateful to the Dr Chinedu Umeadi Foundation for making them happy amidst the lockdown and the pandemic whilst pledging their undying support, love and allegiance to the SUG.

More photos below

https://www.unizikstudents.com/dcuf-and-unizik-sug-puts-smiles-on-students-faces-with-paliative/

Re: DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown by Mywd: 2:06pm On May 06, 2020
The way that guy seff handle dat yam seff weak me
Re: DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown by doggedfighter(f): 2:23pm On May 06, 2020
Aren't they at home? Or they came to collect the yams?

Good job !
Re: DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown by manuel4real(m): 3:36pm On May 06, 2020
Our lady's hostel grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DCUF, Unizik SUG Puts Smiles On Students Faces With Paliative Amid Lockdown by manuel4real(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

. / I Will Help You To Buy Books That Are Too Expensive / COVID-19: FG Lists 6 Conditions For Re-opening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.