Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 (50513 Views)

Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by winosport: 4:04pm On May 06, 2020
I don't need to read your article to know you lying. do you know what 21 million people is.? even the Spanish flu didnt kill as much in any country and it had a higher mortality rate than covid-19
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by rOsy247(f): 4:05pm On May 06, 2020
opalu:
This is a sad story:

A man in Kano went to a foodseller.
He had not eaten in 3 days.
He begged the seller for food on credit.

The foodseller said no because he already gave food to too many people on credit.

The man sat down beside the foodseller’s shop as he had nowhere else to go.

The foodseller told him he’s very sorry and he would like to help but too many people in the neighbourhood have collected food on credit and his business is sinking.

The man sat there and said nothing.

As time went on, other people came into the shop to buy foodstuff and went out- they noticed the man at the door sitting there sleeping. But nobody bothered.

Until one man came later in the day and asked the foodseller: “who is the man sitting at your door?” “Why is he there?”

Then the foodseller said “oh it’s a man who says he has not eaten for 3 days and he wants to collect food on credit but I could not give him because my business is struggling from all the credit I have already given out”.

Then the other man said: “How much is the food he wants?”

The food seller said “It’s a few cups of garri, rice and beans. Everything may be 2,000 naira”.

The other man said “Alright pack everything he wants and more. I would pay for it. Let him go home to his family and eat”.

The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to tell the man with joy that someone has paid for his food.

He saw the man still sleeping.
He tapped him to wake him up, he didn’t respond. Tapped him again, nothing.

The man had died.
He died sitting and waiting for help.

This happened just few days ago in Badawa, Kano. Some people who live in that area know this story.

The man was dead all along while people were coming in and out of the shop thinking he was sleeping.

He died hopeless. He died helpless. He died a man who his country failed.

Kano has 17 million people.
Less than 200,000 people got any form of palliative from the government.

Many people got hungry.
Many people died in their houses.
Many people starved to death from a govt that locked them in and gave no food.

An evil clueless thoughtless leadership.

If you know anyone in this period who is hungry around you and you can afford a little food or money to give him/her, please do.

Many people are walking the streets with an empty stomach, a sorry face and are dead within. It’s only a matter of time before they physically die.

Don’t be the one who walks into a store and doesn’t bother to ask about the beggar at the door.

We all have our problems yes,
But our little curiosity may save a life.

Be the one who asks “who is that person sitting there?” Be the one who helps.
And be the one who saves a life.

DrOlufunmilayo

cry cry. Oh my God this is so sad
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by doubleportion: 4:09pm On May 06, 2020
Lorazepam:
The news might be true, but Sahara Reporters are not a trusted source of information
The way it was reported you will know there is something fishy, they left the main issue and diverting to another thing
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by TruthSpeaker: 4:09pm On May 06, 2020
These fatalities are never included in the official numbers presented by NCDC. COVID-19 death in Nigeria has already surpassed 1000, but NDCN still paints a love story in the official report card.
Many Nigerian leaders have lost priorities. Giving traditional leaders luxury SUVs in a time of crisis is absurdly insane. All these useless politicians that abandoned their electorates just after securing victory.

1 Like

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by madridsta007(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2020
fergie001:
155 Persons Die In Yobe State Within Six Days Over Suspected Coronavirus Symptoms, State Governor Coordinates Affairs From Abuja

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/06/breaking-155-persons-die-yobe-state-within-six-days-over-suspected-coronavirus-symptoms

Sai Buhari!
The ruler with the intellectual capacity to gude Nigeria through the coronavirus pandemic and economic depression!
Sai Baba! wink
Thank you APC! Thank you Tinubu! Thank you South West! grin

3 Likes

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Videx99(m): 4:12pm On May 06, 2020
I am here in Damaturu the capital of Yobe State and no such thing is happening. In fact, we are living life here normal. No lockdown or restrictions save for the national 8 o'clock cur phew. There is no panic and no deaths. I dunno why people drive pleasure in fake news especially in this serious condition that the nation finds itself in.

2 Likes

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 06, 2020
Does this look like karma on the north?
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Wickedfact: 4:15pm On May 06, 2020
Lorazepam:
The news might be true, but Sahara Reporters are not a trusted source of information

GEJ your lord and saviour confirmed that he heard of his own brother's death on Sahara Reporters.
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Wickedfact: 4:16pm On May 06, 2020
Videx99:
I am here in Damaturu the capital of Yobe State and no such thing is happening. In fact, we are living life here normal. No lockdown or restrictions save for the national 8 o'clock cur phew. There is no panic and no deaths. I dunno why people drive pleasure in fake news especially in this serious condition that the nation finds itself in.

Are you sure? This is how people on Nairaland in Kano were denying it till it overwhelmed them.

2 Likes

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by nsiba: 4:18pm On May 06, 2020
Scam scam scam scam scam scam scam
Scam
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 06, 2020
Northern Nigerian will perish due to ignorance
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by ATAKAM: 4:25pm On May 06, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Even malaria and fever na Corona now.

Before this Corona virus thing, Lassa fever has been killing people in the North on a daily basis.

Nonsense. angry
NOT 155 PEOPLE IN A WEEK
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by addictiv(m): 4:28pm On May 06, 2020
It's not covid19.. It's natural death
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Alsaddiq6(m): 4:29pm On May 06, 2020
Godjone:
cry

There is a serious problem in the north and trust me covid19 has a lot of catastrophe to unleash on the north.

Before we started having update from NCDC, the north already had covid but illiteracy has helped them not to noticed it but to spread it.

In the coming days, you would be surprised with the news that will be emanating from north on death tolls.

May God have mercy on us
ok that is what you want to be happening in the north. remember that we must all die one day all of us, even u too in the south. these are all the wills of God. we cannot do anything against the will of God. both northerners and Southerners are all mortals. u must die one day too. lets wish good for everybody. coward person kawai.!
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Warmaterial(m): 4:30pm On May 06, 2020
Lorazepam:
sahara reporters remain the best... But I can tell u dat northern politician are playing politics with covid19
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by ItzBIM(m): 4:36pm On May 06, 2020
opalu:
This is a sad story:

The foodseller said no because he already gave food to too many people on credit.

The foodseller told him he’s very sorry and he would like to help but too many people in the neighbourhood have collected food on credit and his business is sinking.

As time went on, other people came into the shop to buy foodstuff and went out- they noticed the man at the door sitting there sleeping. But nobody bothered.

Until one man came later in the day and asked the foodseller: “who is the man sitting at your door?” “Why is he there?”

Then the foodseller said “oh it’s a man who says he has not eaten for 3 days and he wants to collect food on credit but I could not give him because my business is struggling from all the credit I have already given out”.

The food seller said “It’s a few cups of garri, rice and beans. Everything may be 2,000 naira”.

The other man said “Alright pack everything he wants and more. I would pay for it. Let him go home to his family and eat”.

The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to tell the man with joy that someone has paid for his food.

The man had died.

This happened just few days ago in Badawa, Kano. Some people who live in that area know this story.

The man was dead all along while people were coming in and out of the shop thinking he was sleeping.

Many people got hungry.

If you know anyone in this period who is hungry around you and you can afford a little food or money to give him/her, please do.

Many people are walking the streets with an empty stomach, a sorry face and are dead within. It’s only a matter of time before they physically die.

Don’t be the one who walks into a store and doesn’t bother to ask about the beggar at the door.

DrOlufunmilayo

Bullshit

1 Like

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by ojaysam25(m): 4:36pm On May 06, 2020
Covid be like nor be me do am o....any small thing covid is the suspect....when they are others like lassar fever,malaria and co.
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by hope4nigeria(m): 4:37pm On May 06, 2020
Lorazepam:
which means you can't trust yourself as a confused soul, when they told you ABBa Kyari was hospitalized having showing covid-19 symptoms which your lie Muhammad wanted to hid wasn't also true?

1 Like

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Omoslim26: 4:49pm On May 06, 2020
DateMynd44:
not everyone is a scammer like namdi kanu

What the pussy has nnamdi kanu got to do with any of these

we all know the guy is a talkative but watin join the guy with this kind sensitive matter

too much small pikin don full this forum

3 Likes

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Chochovini: 4:50pm On May 06, 2020
addictiv:
It's not covid19.. It's natural death
. ITS KARMA 4 ALL THE WRONGS IN THE PAST DONE 2 SOME INNOCENT CHRISTIANS IN THAT STATE.
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by zuto4u(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2020
Oh my God! This has really melted my heart.
opalu:
This is a sad story:

The man had died.

Many people got hungry.

DrOlufunmilayo
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by CreekCommando: 4:57pm On May 06, 2020
opalu:
This is a sad story:

The man had died.

Many people got hungry.

DrOlufunmilayo
No economy or even a country can survive on sympathy. I never picked a Dollar on the road while overseas. The North is randomly breeding babies without plan to cater for them and they stubbornly cling to religion as an excuse to advance their Laziness and docility. No sympathy, bros! Go to the South East; one-man, one wife and 5 children at most; and they strive to make the whole 5 university graduates. Out of the 5; 2 will continue with their father's business; 2 will travel abroad to hustle. And the remaining 1 will come to Ife to do PhD and return to start a factory at Onitsha with money donated by the other 4 and you doubt why they're so formidable I repeat, NO SYMPATHY!

1 Like

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by keentola(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2020
Lorazepam:
why do you think they are not a trusted source?
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Nimirayz: 5:03pm On May 06, 2020
Due to the Culture and mode of worship over there ( shoulder-to-shoulder), the spread of COVID-19 is going to be like a wild fire if strict precautionary measures are not taken...

Unfortunately, some of those over there are sneaking into other states too...who knows if some of them are unknowingly going around with it...

Las Las, handling this pandemic in Nigeria no easy...
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Nwaonyishi69: 5:03pm On May 06, 2020
tspun:
Na wao we can never know the real number of covid19 death in Nigeria because the North are not serious
No single figure on any issues in the name of statistics in the Nigerian setting can be relied on, full stop. Even date of birth and how many children one fathered or mothered are less than 5% correct, anything they conjure they put on paper and lies have no barriers here, they role freely. Imaging Tinubu being less than 70 and bubu being just above 70. When you come to Nigeria you will learn that religion is not for morals, but for milking others like cows after sedating them with beautiful lies.

1 Like

Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Chizman042: 5:06pm On May 06, 2020
Las las the death record is going in thousand, because of our inefficiency to tackle this pandemic.

Bubu administration is busy diverting covid-19 donated fund, shame on dem
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 06, 2020
How come these numbers don't reflect in the NCDC published figures?
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 06, 2020
majority iz about becoming minority shocked
Re: 155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 by jeanexx7(m): 5:20pm On May 06, 2020
They need 15 Billion Naira from the Federal Government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Produces Face-Masks And Medical Kits (Photos) / I Think I Am Dying! And I Can't Stop It!! / Blue Water Coming Out Of South African Taps (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.