Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment (441 Views)

Lagos State Screening Tests Into Model Colleges Past Questions With Answers / Student Caught With Answers Written On His Bald Head During Examination >> / Help My Primary Two Sister With Answers To Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment by LordPherule(m): 5:21pm On May 06, 2020
I greet the Management gurus in the house, below is a comprehension passage on Marketing Management. Please help me with answers:

Established in 1871 in Eminönü-İstanbul by Mehmet Efendi, a young 25-year-old entrepreneur, Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi started as a local coffee roaster and grew to become a national coffee manufacturer whose name is synonymous with premium-quality coffee, be it Turkish coffee, filter coffee, or espresso. After Mehmet Efendi’s death in 1931, the family business passed to his three sons.The family formally took “Kurukahveci” as their last name in 1934. Passionately attracted by the innovation and product development side of the business, the Kurukahveci family overlooked the importance of monitoring the competitive surroundings, market dynamics, and the purchasing behavior and consumption habits of customers. With competition intensifying and competitors investing heavily in venues and product mix, Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi found itself struggling to maintain its sales and share despite the growth of the Turkish coffee market locally or overseas. To remedy this situation, management realized the need for reliable market information as a basis upon which to base their new competitive strategy. According to Marketing Manager Hasan Koç, “a valuable decision management took which had major implications on our decision-making process was subscribing regularly to the coffee category of the A. C. Nielsen Retail Audit. The report revealed huge weaknesses in Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendı’s distribution and market coverage. It also shed light on the presence and share of each major player in the category across different geographical regions and trade channels with in-house analysis of their strengths and weaknesses.” To ensure proper coverage, Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi found that a huge investment in human capital, vans, and technology was required, which would not be reasonable for such a limited product portfolio. In 2010 a strategic decision was made to outsource the distribution operation to a specialized national distributor that can ensure a proper Turkish market presence for Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi products. Change was not limited to the distribution strategy. Management also decided to revise all its marketing mix elements including product packaging, pricing, and communication. Mustafa Kamil Kurukahveci noted that “the exercise was led by a team of professionals from leading regional research houses who initiated tailor-made studies of the existing market conditions, trends and techniques in packaging, pricing, and communication, and to suggest recommendations for the launch of the re-engineered Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi’s product line.” This undertaking resulted in the architecture of the Mehmet Efendi brand being changed, with color coding to emphasize the heritage, and in repositioning the brand through innovative packaging and a creative but focused communication, pricing, and distribution strategies. “The right positioning is the key to the success of every brand,” said Abdullah Kıratlı, General Manager. Management also focused on export markets. Market research reports by Euromonitor provided valuable insights about macro-country indicators as well as specific market information related to coffee, such as volume, value, trends, consumer habits, and competition. In addition to field visits by marketing and top management, the management used that information to identify promising regional and world markets and to decide how to penetrate these potential markets. Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi’s current manufacturing facility handles all the export markets, focusing on serving the Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Azerbaijan, and Turkmenistan), as well as the Gulf countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. “Market intelligence and research can never be 100% accurate; yet it is highly insightful and enlightening,” concludes Cem Kurukahveci, owner and major shareholder of Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi.

QUESTIONS
1) From the concepts presented in the chapter, attempt to define the problem, decision alternatives, and research objectives faced by Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi’s management.
2) Identify the sources of secondary data that Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi utilized. How were these sources helpful?
3) If Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi was to gather primary data, which research approach would you recommend?
4) Comment on and discuss Cem Kurukahveci’s remark that “Market intelligence and research can never be 100% accurate; yet it is highly insightful and enlightening.”
Re: Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment by LordPherule(m): 1:13am On May 07, 2020
I'm ready to pay for it as gig.
Re: Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment by 9jageekz(m): 2:43am On May 07, 2020
LordPherule:
I'm ready to pay for it as gig.

10K. If you are ready, come WhatsApp 0813-102-8039

Selah!
Re: Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment by LordPherule(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2020
9jageekz:

Selah!

Ah ki lode! Na 1st Class Write-up? Just a page.
Re: Help Me With Answers! Marketing Management - Course Assignment by LordPherule(m): 3:47pm On May 07, 2020
9jageekz:

Selah!
Got it done already. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

5.0. CGPA OR 5 BTC ? Oya Chose One / N-power To Commence Enrollment Of Batch C Beneficiaries Next Week. / Waec Chemistry Practical 2020 Questions And Answers !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.