Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) (33737 Views)

Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Ill-Treatment & Hunger, Again / Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Inadequate Medical Attention, Block Highway / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Nemere2020: 12:45am On May 07, 2020
Suspected COVID-19 patients receiving treatment at a government facility in Minna, Niger State, on Wednesday threatened to discharge themselves over poor treatment.

In a video seen by SaharaReporters, some of the patients expressed anger at the situation, saying they were not comfortable with their feeding arrangement.

They however, requested to be allowed to be in their homes instead of being left to die of hunger at the isolation facility.

Meanwhile, there is tension in the state over the purported escape of a woman from an isolation centre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzqLlHEwhjs

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/06/covid-19-patients-protest-threaten-abscond-over-poor-treatment-niger-state

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by stainchris(m): 12:47am On May 07, 2020
Most of the times that I went to the hospital back then in the 80s, wasn't really because i was sick but i had to fake the illness so that my parents will take me to the hospital where i will see a calm, well dressed, ever smiling and gentle doctors and nurses taking really good care of me and making me feel like the world revolves around me and even if i was truly sick, getting better wouldn't take more than one or two days, even if i was not fed the whole time.
But these present days, i would rather stay home and hope that the sickness will just respect itself and vamoose from my body because going to meet those so called doctors and nurses in our so called prison-like hospitals, is just like committing suicide even if they serve you food.
Though, i wouldn't blame them much because our leaders made them so.
Lack of adequate training and medical equipments with little or no pay will surely turn them into monsters.
I just hope and pray that their governor will hear their cries and pick their calls.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by yyba: 1:00am On May 07, 2020
What do you expect from a traveling governor angry

10 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Flyingngel(m): 1:30am On May 07, 2020
Hahahahaaaaaa.
Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by ChizzyBuna(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2020
CORONORTH VIRUS undecided undecided
Virus Of the North
For The North..

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Tunex252(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2020
It's like this fg don't know what they are playing with

If 2400 patient escape from isolation center then Nigerian is Doom

3 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Fidelismaria: 10:51am On May 07, 2020
useless governor

5 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Depot(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2020
Only the northern Covid-19 patients already have Union.

38 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by McBrooklyn(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2020
"The idiots are under AC receiving fresh air and allowing us to suffer here, nonsense!"

Lmao.. Even COVID-19 patients don get union dem just dey protest upandan.. The aftermath of this COVID-19 will surely take its toll on our polithiefcians walahi, be like people don wise up grin

13 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Jh0wsef(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2020
Nigeria is in trouble already. We haven't seen anything yet.. We have already hit 3k "confirmed" cases. and those mallams in the north with little or no education now even have it, that is something we should worry about right now.

Now patients with the virus are 'coming out' to protest. It's that bad

Once again, Nigeria is in trouble

17 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Perfecttouchade: 10:51am On May 07, 2020
Ok na..wahala go dey o, if care is not taken o
Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Roon9(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2020
Even after receiving the giant share of the palliatives.

Fear North!

4 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by mcdokwe(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2020
With the rate of protests, it seems most people are recruited to claim covid+ and agree to be isolated with promises of incentives, otherwise how do they have the energy to protest instead of worry about their state of health?

I think government needs to disabuse the minds of Nigerians by showing commitment to the fight against the virus, or at least allows us to go about our live. Who go die go still die. With the awareness of the presence of an infectious disease out there, it will now behove on every individual to do what's best to protect themselves and loved ones.
Our government has never been trustworthy, so we can not trust them.
Thank you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by babajeje123(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2020
This our own covid ehn..
Patients in other countries are struggling to breathe, while our own patients are protesting on the street with enough strength to shout.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Sleekmilan01(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2020
Super story

The film just start

1 Like

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by oyewale0001(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2020
yewale0001(m): 10:20am
Please where is yenefer? I missed the babe ooo. How is your fasting going? I hope to see your comment soon. I love northern babe. Especially the educated ones.

It only in Nigeria covid-19 patient protest. Naija how far now.

It is well.
Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 07, 2020
wtf
Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by realstars: 10:53am On May 07, 2020
Good
Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 07, 2020
babajeje123:
This our own covid ehn..
Patients in other countries are struggling to breathe, while our own patients are protesting on the street with enough strength to shout.
haha

9 Likes 1 Share

where is Namdi kalu

1 Like

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Mrdecent(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2020
All these protest in isolation centres is not good for the country image in fighting this pandemic.

But nobody cares.

Medical workers are on the run. Who wan die?

1 Like

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Namdeenero(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2020
Are those the Covid 19 patients wearing normal overalls??

3 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Oasis007(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2020
babajeje123:
This our own covid ehn..

grin

The Truth is, most homeless People in Naija seem claiming to be positive, simply to be isolated and enjoying free daily square meals.

Like you said, how would Patients, who ordinarily ought to be begging for Ventilators to survive, are protesting with healthy Energy?!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Olalekanbanky1(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2020
This is what u get when u revolve round PDP and APC as if na only them fit do am.

May God heal you guys. Amen.

I'm sure there's some1 out there reading this post, trying to find out if d state governor is PDP or APC so as to know whether to abuse him or not

8 Likes

Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by Dannyset(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2020
H
Re: Niger State COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Poor Treatment (Photos, Video) by HQDesign: 10:55am On May 07, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does It Really Mean That There Is No Cure For Staphylococcus? / Beer Vs Wine: Which Is Better? / Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.