Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. (5578 Views)

There Are Consequences When You Leave Arsenal / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2007
I disagree, the sweetest victory was without him though, the 1-0 at OT

but the best game IMO was the 4-0 defeat of Reading, whenever I watch that game, I just wish all our players stay fit and you see what a fully functioning Arsenal can do.

Henry should stay, not so much for his goalscoring as important as it is, but for his stature as an achiever and winner, and the inspirational qualities and experience he can pass on to the young guns. that is the real reason I want him to stay, plus his presence can help us attract one or two more world class players to really set the Emirates alight.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2007
Henry agent dismisses Barca claim

Thierry Henry's management group has rubbished reports from France that the Arsenal star has agreed a provisional three-year contract with Barcelona.
France Football magazine says Henry's agent met with Barca's sporting director Txiki Beguiristain last week.

But Jeff Weston, from the SEM Group which looks after Henry, told BBC Sport on Tuesday: "No such meeting took place. That is absolute rubbish.

"There's never been any question of him not being at Arsenal next season."

Henry, 29, signed a new four-year contract with the Gunners last year but appeared to cast doubt on his future last week when he said he was flattered by interest from AC Milan.

I have read the article in the French magazine and there is not one element of truth in the story and they will be hearing from my lawyers

Henry's agent Jerome Anderson

The European champions and Barcelona have both declared their interest in the player, who has been constantly linked with a big-money move away from Arsenal for the last few summers.

France Football claims SEM's Jerome Anderson has agreed a three-year deal, worth £6.78m (10m euros) a season, with Barcelona, with an option of a fourth year.

"It is all just media speculation, as it was last year, and the year before," Weston added of the latest reports.

Anderson added that he would consider legal action against France Football over their report, which claimed that a transfer would go through after a meeting between Henry's people and Barca in the south of France.

"I can categorically state that I never had a meeting with anyone representing Barcelona," Anderson told The Sun newspaper. "The whole thing is garbage.

"I did not meet with anyone - whether in the south of France or anywhere on this planet. I have read the article in the French magazine and there is not one element of truth in the story and they will be hearing from my lawyers.

"I've not been to the south of France for years. Where this comes from I have absolutely no idea. Nobody checked these claims with anyone involved in the story. It is scandalous."

Henry, meanwhile, has distanced himself from the latest claims, believing the continued speculation surrounding his future is "not a current issue".

The Arsenal striker told L'Equipe that he will consider his next move in his own time.

"I have taken no decisions," Henry said.

"Lots of people are speaking on my behalf. It's impossible to stop the rumours - it's not the first or the last time that people are speaking for me.

"In my head I'm still an Arsenal player and my departure is not a current issue."

Leave him the hell alone angry
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Akolawole(m): 12:40am On Jun 13, 2007
@All

Can they just leave the poor man alone.

He is a great player by all standard.

Thiery is not helping matters as well as he never says "he will be at emirates next season", I am tired of him saying "Today, I am Arsenal but"

For the sake of Gunners dressing room,he should just clarifythe issue NOW or NEVER.

Clarification from his Agent or Parents is NOT ENOUGH. cool
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 2:05am On Jun 13, 2007
I think he is doing it to make the board sit up and to maybe force Arsene to buy players, Its not good for the club presently, but if it eventually brings the desired results, then it may be worth it, and to think we're only in June! another 3 months of this madness to go. August please come!!
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Akolawole(m): 2:07am On Jun 13, 2007
I don't think Henry will be able to force Wenger.

Wenger appears to be quite but he is more stubborn than JM.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 2:28am On Jun 13, 2007
I agree too, but one can try right? Henry is a big player, he is allowed to talk if he is unhappy, he will get over it, but in the meantime he needs to get all the beef out now, so by the time the season starts, we'll concentrate on footie.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Iman3(m): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2007
Henry has signalled to Barca that he is prepared to sign a 3 year contract with them.Barca are hoping to unveil him within the next 2 weeks.They are looking at a 25 million Euros deal plus Marquez.Wenger has not agreed yet.He and Henry will have talks on the issue very soon.If he does agree,its expected that he will ask for Etoo as exchange.

Source::My Friends grin grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
I-man:

Henry has signalled to Barca that he is prepared to sign a 3 year contract with them.Barca are hoping to unveil him within the next 2 weeks.They are looking at a 25 million Euros deal plus Marquez.Wenger has not agreed yet.He and Henry will have talks on the issue very soon.If he does agree,its expected that he will ask for Etoo as exchange.

Source::My Friends  grin grin   

rumour monger . tongue grin see your life grin tongue
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2007
@I-MAN

DO U FRIENDS WORK AT THE EMIRATE OR THEY ARE JUST SPECULATING? I CHECKED BBC SPORTS NOW BUT CANT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THAT THERE
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2007
Akolawole:

I don't think Henry will be able to force Wenger.

Wenger appears to be quite but he is more stubborn than JM.

Wenger isn't stubborn, but naive grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Iman3(m): 12:16am On Jun 14, 2007
topeorekoy:

DO You FRIENDS WORK AT THE EMIRATE OR THEY ARE JUST SPECULATING? I CHECKED BBC SPORTS NOW BUT CANT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THAT THERE

Na journalist be my source o.Don't worry,within the next 2 weeks we will know the outcome.There was an earlier rebuttal of this info by Henry's agent.The problem is,Henry's agent has actually been sidestepped in the negotiations btw Henry and Barca.

Relations btw Henry and Wenger are not at their best ever since Henry walked out of on Wenger,upon hearing he won't be picked for a game.Henry is also said to heavily dissapointed by the depature of David Dein.He and Dein were best of friends,Dein's son(Darren),was the best man at his wedding.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 2:23am On Jun 14, 2007
Henry didn't walk out on Wenger, he is pissed that Wenger benched his ass for the whole season when he could've been fit after a month.

His ego is simply bruised, coupled with the fact that his best pals dad is now among the unemployed grin

this Henry-Barca speculation will shift into high gear after this weekend, especially if Barca lose the Primera

I-man's friends at the Emirates clean the toilets, so whatever they hear is definitely out of someone's a$$ grin grin grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Iman3(m): 2:26am On Jun 14, 2007
debosky:

Henry didn't walk out on Wenger, he is pissed that Wenger benched his ass for the whole season when he could've been fit after a month.

You remember that time he walked out,I believe it was a training session.Heard there relationship has not really recovered from that. What do you guys lose anyway.Etoo for Henry seems a fair deal to me.Did you hear the rumours about Trezeguet coming to Arsenal?
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 2:31am On Jun 14, 2007
I heard the rumors, but it seems highly unlikely, an old man like Trezeguet would be a truly shocking buy for wenger, especially since he spent last season in serie b. I wouldn't mind Anelka though, did you see that second goal against the Ukraine? killer finishing
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by mukina2: 11:00pm On Jun 14, 2007
one man causing so much  wahala kiss way to go TH cheesy

Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
debosky:

I heard the rumors, but it seems highly unlikely, an old man like Trezeguet would be a truly shocking buy for wenger, especially since he spent last season in serie b. I wouldn't mind Anelka though, did you see that second goal against the Ukraine? killer finishing
Anelka is a hothead and will just bring wahala to the club.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Iman3(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2007
Where are those people who claimed my sources are unreliable?  grin
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1934934.ece

Arsène Wenger appears to have signalled his willingness to sell Thierry Henry by entering into negotiations with Barcelona for the first time. The Arsenal manager met Ferran Soriano, the Spanish club’s financial director, in Paris this week for preliminary discussions, though both parties remain some distance from agreeing Henry’s transfer.

Wenger wants to sign Samuel Eto’o as part of the deal, but Barcelona are reluctant to allow the Cameroon striker to leave despite his problems at the club this season. Eto’o has fallen out with Frank Rijkaard, the coach, and Ronaldinho, his team-mate, but this week spoke of his desire to stay at the Nou Camp and play alongside Henry, whose arrival would represent a greater threat to the Brazil forward.

Eto’o is a close friend of Henry and the pair have spoken recently about the prospect of forming a new strike partnership. Even if Barcelona were willing to release Eto’o in order to secure Henry’s services, they would demand at least £10 million from Arsenal to complete the deal. AC Milan are also interested in Henry, but Barcelona would be his preferred destination.

Wenger’s surprising decision to speak to Barcelona stems from his realisation that he is running out of options, with Henry eager to take what many believe would be his final opportunity to move to Spain. Wenger may resolve to cash in on an unsettled player in any case, as he did when selling Patrick Vieira to Juventus two years ago.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1934934.ece
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by debosky(m): 1:10am On Jun 15, 2007
so the times listens to toilet washers too? kai journalism has just gone to the dogs too, just like law grin grin grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by layifioren(m): 5:39am On Jun 15, 2007
TH has been a downfall to Arsenal. The quicker they get rid of him the better. He seems not to perform as expected in Big games. I've watched him over and over lose goals that require easy finishes (atleast easy for him because he's a "world class" striker) in different finals. Relying on him might kill the team. They need to get another good finisher beside him that would give him some good competition in his spot jare. That's just what me think and I'm bound to get attacked for this
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by 9ja4eva: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2007
Yu r right
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2007
Better (Unbiased) analysis here;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2103651,00.html

Key points;

1, "it is unlikely that any such meeting would have taken place without Samuel Eto'o also being the subject of the discussions. Wenger is an avowed admirer of the Cameroon striker, whom Barcelona are thought to consider surplus to requirements if Henry arrives."

So how does Arsenal come up short in this Eto for Henry undecided Seems we get the better deal here cool

2, "The striker stated this week that he would be back in Britain for the first day of his pre-season training regime on Monday as he tries to rebuild fitness."

So we shall hear from the "Horse's mouth" soon enough.

3, "If the reports are true, it will not be the first time Wenger has cashed in on a star asset approaching his 30s, with the recent sales of Patrick Vieira and Robert Pires having been justified by their subsequent injury records."

Check out my posts in reply to Justkunmi, everything you need to know there concerning this.

basically as Arseblogger alludes to;

"The motivation behind it remains unknown although it’s probably a combination of things including Henry’s desire to play somewhere else, Arsene’s belief that now might well be the right time to let him go especially if he can get a quality player like Eto’o as part of the deal and maybe the idea that a change is good for Thierry and good for Arsenal. That said, Arsenal hold all the cards here. Eto’o has repeatedly said he doesn’t want to leave Barcelona and Henry has three years left on the deal he signed last summer so if it’s not right for the club then he won’t be sold, simple as that."

What more needs to be said (lets see how it all pans out)

And the best news if it comes through (like i have always alluded to)

4, "Ajax's forward Ryan Babel, 20, has opened the door to a possible move to Arsenal by describing the prospect of working with Wenger as "a dream".

Babel, who has impressed for Holland in the European Under-21 Championship, would cost about £7m and Arsenal have been monitoring him. Predominantly a winger who can also play as a striker, he is a good friend of Robin van Persie."

Although Mr. Palmer doesn't seem to like him (when last did Myles like anyone ) i feel Babel would be good business cool

And finally, guess Barca are also looking at the scummies as a dumping ground grin grin

"Barcelona are also understood to have contacted Manchester United with an offer to let Eidur Gudjohnsen go to Old Trafford in exchange for the Spanish defender Gerard Piqué, who left the Camp Nou academy for English football three years ago.

Piqué, 20, impressed on loan to Real Zaragoza last season and Barcelona believe they can tempt United with the offer of Gudjohnsen, the former Chelsea striker, because Sir Alex Ferguson is short of forward strength."

grin grin grin grin

Anyway they should be happy, Barca could have done worst and offered them their Mascot  grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2007
DAMN!

Denial is the only escape route from reality!  grin   grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 10:06am On Jun 15, 2007
Razorr

What is denial from what i have written Summary of what i have said;

If Wenger does not get what he wants, HENRY IS GOING NO WHERE!!

1, We sold Cole in exchange for Gallas
2, We loaned Reyes in exchange for Crapista
3, We sold Vieira, but had Cesc so didn't need to get anyone, and i repeat, is Vieira the same player he was for Arsenal with Inter

And so on.

So Razorr what exaclty are we denying, EVERYONE has in some way said, if Henry wants to go FINE!! "AS LONG AS WENGER GETS A SUITABLE REPLACEMENT"

And believe me Razorr (Unless you want to do your "Anti-Arsenal" stuff) Eto is a BEAUTIFUL replacement for Henry

That is what is known as calling a "Bluff" if Barca want Henry that Bad, they should be prepared to lose their "Pound of Flesh" so that, they would be far more careful with Wenger in the future when it comes to transfers.

I NO FIT SHOUT!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2007
Loyika, I don't see Eto going to Arsenal. He'll come to Chelsea or go to YankeeDollarPool!  grin   grin

You guys should try to keep Henry, but if the guy wants to go, sorry o.  tongue
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2007
Did you see Gallas coming to Arsenal

besides the deal rests with Barca, if they want Henry, we will get Eto, Real were swooning over Reyes, and what did Wenger do!? he got us Crapista (who at the time we thought was a good deal tongue how wrong we were cry, anyway, Real didn't really get any better with Reyes grin)

So believe me, if Henry goes to Barca, Eto will come over, (who will he bench in Chelsea, and do you really think Jose will get another African player with his ACN worries and Drogba also leaving in January (due to ACN grin)

HERNY GOES = ETO COMES (Wenger will make sure of that)

Simple equation cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 11:04am On Jun 15, 2007
You guys would be complete idiots if you let Henry go.  shocked

That would be your biggest mistake in the last ten years!  cool

If I were you, I would be sweating my ass off and cracking my brain on how to keep him! The guy is too much! grin
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by drklump(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2007
Razor, letting henry go will not be a big deal. I'm a 100% gunner and always will be. Patrick Viera left and all though that was the end of us. We survived that one.

Henry was no so active last season if you compare the "Igwe" of previous seasons. There's only one Thierry Henry and there never will be another. You guys forget that we have Van Persie around in the club. I see that boy taking over the duty of Henry very soon.

No player is bigger than Arsenal - take that from a true Gunner. cool cool
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 11:13am On Jun 15, 2007
Thank you ma grin

But i would rather have a "YOUNGER" Samuel Eto grin grin

But thanks for the concern anyways  grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by loyika(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2007
Myles P's view on the transfer stuff/rumours;

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/640/42/

[b]"Wenger's in Paris trying to sell Thierry to Barcelona

By Myles Palmer

LAST NIGHT Ken Early called from Dublin to ask if I would do Newstalk 106 at 9.45 pm, talking about Thierry Henry and Ryan Babel.

So I said OK and Ken said he would email me some material about Scandinavian footballers, notably from a book with Henning Berg, the Blackburn and Manchester United defender.

Newstalk called back at 9.45 and I went on air and said, "Exciting news since I last talked to you - a world exclusive -"
Pause for effect.
"Go on then !"
"Arsene Wenger is in Paris negotiating the sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona."

We talked about Henry, Samuel Eto'o and Babel for ten minutes and then the show, Off The Ball, ended.

We knew this story would be in the papers today.
More details will be forthcoming later, we imagine.

Wenger wants £20 million and Barca have offered £15 million.

He is negotiating with director Ferran Soriano, a guy I met when he did a presentation about FCB and the finances of Europe's biggest football clubs at Birkbeck School of Management. Soriano is a big, smooth, diplomatic middle class guy who will get on well with Wenger.They'll be on the same wavelength, I think. They must have met before this week.

Clearly, I have plenty to say about this topic. But I can't do it right now. Interestingly, BBC Breakfast and Sky Sports News didn't seem to cover the story this morning."[/b]

cool GOONER 89
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by dinozzo(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2007
Wenger has to be smart here, Its obvious some kind of talks is going on in Paris. If they want Henry they've got to give us Eto'o, chikena.
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by topeorekoy(m): 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2007
THEY HAVE TO GIVE US ETO'O WITH CASH FOR HENRY COS I GUESS THEY ARE DESPERATE TO HAVE HENRY, WENGER HAS TO CASH IN ON THIS SO THAT HE CAN GET CASH TO BUY BABEL
Re: Will Thierry Henry Leave Arsenal. by Razorr(f): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2007
topeorekoy:

THEY HAVE TO GIVE US ETO'O WITH CASH FOR HENRY COS I GUESS THEY ARE DESPERATE TO HAVE HENRY, WENGER HAS TO CASH IN ON THIS SO THAT HE CAN GET CASH TO BUY BABEL

The reverse is actually the case. They want Henry + 10 Million Pounds.  grin

They want 25 Million Pounds for Eto!

ARSENAL have been priced out of a sensational swoop for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger flew to Africa two weeks ago for a secret meeting with the Cameroon international.

And the Frenchman came away confident he could land his man after Eto'o revealed he would jump at the chance to play in the Premier League.

Wenger reported the good news to his board but was disappointed to be told Arsenal could not meet Barca's asking price.

The Spanish giants will not part with Eto'o, 26, unless they receive an offer in the region of £25million.

Wenger has spent just £2m on Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski since the end of last season.

But his target of signing a major star to keep skipper Thierry Henry happy is unlikely to materialise.

And Eto'o will not get his wish of playing alongside Henry — unless the French ace joins him at the Nou Camp.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007270774,00.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid (4 - 1) On Saturday 26th November 2011 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham [ 2 - 3] On Sat 20th November 2010 / Another Hand Of God By Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.