Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Reasons To Fast - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons To Fast (1437 Views)

10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian / Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. / Why Do We Need To Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons To Fast by Azibalua(f): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2011
fasting in itself helps us to get our spirits attuned to God. Fasting helps us position ourselves spiritually to hear God – to listen to Him.  fasting doesn’t get God to listen to us; it gets us to listen to God  It’s a spiritual exercise also; it’s a form of self-denial, where you’re able to subdue your flesh, subdue your appetites, and then you can listen to voice of the Spirit of God within you. So, that’s why fasting is important. in prayer. It helps your focus; it strengthens your resolve,
Re: Reasons To Fast by xgel: 5:21am On Jan 13, 2011
You made a good point.
Re: Reasons To Fast by kynach: 9:02am On Jan 13, 2011
What about somebody that has a medical condition like ulcer, should he go ahead to fast and what will be the implications considering his case
Re: Reasons To Fast by nuella2(f): 10:09am On Jan 13, 2011
what do you say about the fact that alot of pple fast cos they think, fasting makes them holy enough for God to answer their prayers. Does fasting contribute in God answering our prayers or it helps us to recieve answers to our prayers.
Re: Reasons To Fast by mudley: 11:19am On Jan 13, 2011
ä
Re: Reasons To Fast by Azibalua(f): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
kynach:

What about somebody that has a medical condition like ulcer, should he go ahead to fast and what will be the implications considering his case
First of all everything we do as Christians is by faith so for a patient with ulcer it's up to you ,also what your doctor says,
But then medical studies have shown that fasting actually cures ulcer.
Re: Reasons To Fast by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
Azibalua:

First of all everything we do as Christians is by faith so for a patient with ulcer it's up to you ,also what your doctor

So when the guy dies, you'll turn around and say his faith wasn't enough or he didnt fast well.
Re: Reasons To Fast by Zodiac61(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2011
Azibalua:

First of all everything we do as Christians is by faith so for a patient with ulcer it's up to you ,also what your doctor says,
I am curious about about the medical studies that have shown that fasting cures ulcers. What are your sources, or is this lying for Jesus?
It would be better if you stopped making unsubstatiated statements.
Re: Reasons To Fast by Azibalua(f): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2011
Zodiac61:

I am curious about about the medical studies that have shown that fasting cures ulcers. What are your sources, or is this lying for Jesus?
It would be better if you stopped making unsubstatiated statements.

You can check this out,
http://www.fasting.ws/juice-fasting/fasting-for-healing/fasting-stomach_ulcers
Re: Reasons To Fast by Zodiac61(m): 12:15am On Jan 17, 2011
Azibalua:

You can check this out,
http://www.fasting.ws/juice-fasting/fasting-for-healing/fasting-stomach_ulcers

This is your source!!!!!
I am shocked and surprised that a "medical scientist" accepts this as a source for such an insane and dangerous proposition.
This is woo upon woo - serious pseudo-science.
Re: Reasons To Fast by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 17, 2011
Azibalua:

cool Fundies say the darndest things. Lol
Re: Reasons To Fast by Azibalua(f): 7:39am On Jan 17, 2011
Zodiac61:

This is your source!!!!!
I am shocked and surprised that a "medical scientist" accepts this as a source for such an insane and dangerous proposition.
This is woo upon woo - serious pseudo-science.
Information: science deals with a lot of research, I said medical studies, what medical studies have showm,not that the research is ended
Also I am sure you understand the cause of stomach ulcer in the first place and the mechanisms involved in causing it if you do then I should also believe that that you know that when you fast you stop the intake of these acid that aggravate ulcer,
But I also said ask your doctor,maybe I should have said ask your pastor. Since this is a religious thread,you can move over to the health section where there already is a thread on this issue and air your views there,but for now it is good to fast as a Christian which brings me to the question
Are you one?
Re: Reasons To Fast by Zodiac61(m): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2011
@Asibalua,
Continue to try to pull the wool over people's eyes. All I see is dishonesty in your position. As a 'medical scientist' you should really know better than to recommend something that can kill.
Since when did pastors become doctors?
As I said, lying for Jesus.
Re: Reasons To Fast by Azibalua(f): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2011
Zodiac61:

@Asibalua,
Continue to try to pull the wool over people's eyes. All I see is dishonesty in your position. As a 'medical scientist' you should really know better than to recommend something that can kill.
Since when did pastors become doctors?
As I said, lying for Jesus.
1. Answer the question sir.
2. There are pastors who are also professional doctors
3. Pastors are spiritual people and do not need medical knowledge to counsel people on what to do,life is spiritual
Re: Reasons To Fast by Zodiac61(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2011
Azibalua:

1. Answer the question sir.
2. There are pastors who are also professional doctors
3. Pastors are spiritual people and do not need medical knowledge to counsel people on what to do,life is spiritual

Keep digging that hole for yourself. All you had to do was admit that your statement about ulcers and fasting is not only wrong, but very dangerous. I know that a lot of people are unable or unwilling to let the truth come between them and their god. You appear to be one of those persons.
Not only are you willing to lie for Jesus, you are also willing to let people seriously harm themselves or even die for Jesus.
What qualifications does a pastor have to give medical advice?
May I also say that my beliefs, or lack thereof, are irrelevant to the issue that you raised.
If you are really are a 'medical scientist' (whatever that means), I am very sorry for those who consult you in a professional capacity.
In the meantime, we are done.
Re: Reasons To Fast by Azibalua(f): 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2011
Zodiac61:

Keep digging that hole for yourself. All you had to do was admit that your statement about ulcers and fasting is not only wrong, but very dangerous. I know that a lot of people are unable or unwilling to let the truth come between them and their god. You appear to be one of those persons.
Not only are you willing to lie for Jesus, you are also willing to let people seriously harm themselves or even die for Jesus.
What qualifications does a pastor have to give medical advice?
May I also say that my beliefs, or lack thereof, are irrelevant to the issue that you raised.
If you are really are a 'medical scientist' (whatever that means), I am very sorry for those who consult you in a professional capacity.
In the meantime, we are done.
Ha ha ha I laugh

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Message From The Lord For Pastors & Bishops - Pls Read It / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign / Watch Pastor Chris Okotie Show Off His Blings, Designer Shoes & Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.