Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. (1397 Views)

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Happy Ash Wednesday. What Are Your Plans This Lent Period?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 19, 2015
Since I was born to this present day, I have never fasted during the Lent season. It may boil down to the reason because I am a pentecostal and not an adherent of Roman Catholicism..
I have fasted times without number for spiritual growth and as an act of humility before God...
From the scriptures, I know that Jesus christ fasted for 40 days and 40 nights before his public ministry..
For those who will not fast this Lent season, I may still fast on my own for spiritual growth and as an act of humility before God during Lent...
What are your reason for not fasting this Lent season..
Is it a general belief that the Lent season is just for Roman Catholics..
And for those who fast during the Lent season, can you share your testimonies of how God did great spectacular miracle in your life to serve as a moral booster for those who don't seem it necessary to fast during the Lent season.
You can also share scriptural proofs to buttress your points..
I wish you all a happy Lent season...
Shalom..
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. by AdeniyiA(m): 9:03am On Feb 19, 2015
Anything done by compulsion or reluctantly is not acceptable to God.
Anybody who tells you it's compulsory is not speaking God's mind.
There's nothing as acceptable to God as such things which willingly come from ur mind to do.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Christian To Fast This Lent Season???.. by Princewell2012(m): 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Anything done by compulsion or reluctantly is not acceptable to God.
Anybody who tells you it's compulsory is not speaking God's mind.
There's nothing as acceptable to God as such things which willingly come from ur mind to do.
you have said it all. no comment.

(1) (Reply)

Warning Prediction: Biafra May Result To World War (III) / Repent Hell Fire Is Real / See What Robert Mugabe Said...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.