Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 (6431 Views)

CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee / Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by tamdun: 2:29pm On May 07, 2020
Just as we informed you barely 24hrs ago that MultiChoice Nigeria will be increasing their subscription fee on all packages on DStv effective from June and some packages will be ditched.

Well, earlier today, DStv sent SMS messages to all her subscribers informing them of the new price rate taking effect in a few weeks.

According to the text directed to customers, effective from 1 June 2020 7.5% VAT will be applied to all DStv packages… meaning you are going to be paying higher prices as seen below;

New DSTV Prices Effective from June 1st:
DSTV Access: N2000 to N2150
DSTV Yanga: N2500 to N2687.50

DSTV Family: N4000 to N4300

DSTV Confam: N4500 to N4837.50

DSTV Compact: N6800 to N7310

DSTV Compact +: N10,650 to N11,448.75

DSTV Premium: N15,800 to N16,985

Effective 1 June, GOtv Value & GOtv Plus packages will be phased out and customers migrated to the brand new GOtv JINJA & GOtv JOLLI; packaged exclusively for Naija.

New GOtv subscription fee

So, the plan now is to phase out a 1,900 naira package to a 2,400 naira package, forcing us to either downgrade to a 1,600 package or move to a 2,400 package

My advice is if you can let go of your DStv for now, please do and if you don’t mind the new price increase, then you can continue subscribing.

To those who can’t continue paying that exorbitant prices on subscription packages, Netflix is here to the rescue; the subscription is cheap and doesn’t consume much data if your device is well optimized.

In my opinion, this is not the best time for DStv to increase its subscription price, knowing fully well that a lot of households are running short of finance or perhaps struggling to make ends meet.

https://www.yomiprof.net/2020/05/dstv-new-subscription-prices-effective-from-june-2020.html

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by SocialJustice: 2:33pm On May 07, 2020
This is not the best time for your government to enforce VAT collection too. If only we had good free to air local stations on dstv but good content is not cheap.

I recently noticed local channels now work for free, not bad, and my package only added N150 so I can proceed.

1 Like

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by EjaikreTheViper(f): 2:35pm On May 07, 2020
I've not used my Gotv for 2 years.

6 Likes

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by tamdun: 2:35pm On May 07, 2020
SocialJustice:
This is not the best time for your government to enforce VAT collection too. If only we had good free to air local stations on dstv but good content is not cheap.

I recently noticed local channels now work for free, not bad, and my package only added N150 so I can proceed.
All we need is cheap data and dstv is history

2 Likes

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by nonyofor2(m): 2:35pm On May 07, 2020
At this time of covid 19 everybody dey feel d heat, even DStv, May God airpus o
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Tissaia(f): 2:36pm On May 07, 2020
Scammers. send me text message "that if I pay on blah blah blah they will upgrade me to premium. And I paid send me another text message that's is effective on 1 june.. clearly a scam now they send me message that VAT blah blah blah on 1 june. So I will pay the government to watch discovery and history. Mtsww capitalism
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Buharidgeneral: 2:37pm On May 07, 2020
Thank for the clarification

I saw this but I didn't understand initially

These people are coming with there own virus
Well our govt should look into it and act to the best interest of masses.This can't stand now
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by ThatFairGuy: 2:39pm On May 07, 2020
Nonsensical. So we're to pay for DStv covid-19 donation to South Africa?
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by emeijeh(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2020
DSTV, you are MAD!

Time to go and buy local antenna then.
Stupid Multichoice parasites
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by SocialJustice: 2:51pm On May 07, 2020
tamdun:

How many people have access to Internet before talking about cheap data.

Not just cheap data but cheap, fast and with wide reach.

1 Like

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by uboma(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2020
Tissaia:
Scammers. send me text message "that if I pay on blah blah blah they will upgrade me to premium. And I paid send me another text message that's is effective on 1 june.. clearly a scam now they send me message that VAT blah blah blah on 1 june. So I will pay the government to watch discovery and history. Mtsww capitalism

The upgrade to premium from compact plus on DStv is real. I have been upgraded twice.

However I have issues with these increment. These will be the second time they are increasing their subscription bouquets within 6 months.

Multi Choice Nigeria have no chills.

1 Like

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by juvewalex(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2020
How I wish I could dump my DTSV and startimes had Italian serie A TV right , I would be a happy man.
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by oloriooko(m): 4:21pm On May 07, 2020
It's either i downgrade my sub or switch to Startimes
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by uboma(m): 4:27pm On May 07, 2020
oloriooko:
It's either i downgrade my sub or switch to Startimes

Startimes is poo.

I wish we had a better but cheaper alternative....
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Lamasta(m): 4:43pm On May 07, 2020
At this trying period Gotv is increasing their subscriptions that's wickedness gosh
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by SIONKPO1(m): 6:05pm On May 07, 2020
SocialJustice:

we have multiple, thought it's Ghanaian owned but it's better off to multi choice
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Slymonster(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2020
I have not even sub on my DStv since the lockdown because it was a waste with no football. With my unlimited plan and google chromecast ultra. I am good with my streaming.
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by oloriooko(m): 7:36pm On May 07, 2020
Downgrade it is!
uboma:

Startimes is poo.

I wish we had a better but cheaper alternative....
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by mikeybrainy: 10:48pm On May 07, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
I've not used my Gotv for 2 years.
do you want to sell it
I want to buy a decoder
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by 100naira(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2020
Not much difference to me, my bouquet is compact, just N500 difference.

If only we had competition but we don't.
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Lilysaly: 11:38pm On May 07, 2020
I just came across this

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:40pm On May 26, 2020
tamdun:

Exactly my taught. The channels I watch on dstv are not more than 10 but to get them you need to pay some serious cash. I just subscribe to glo and download the content this days because they are mostly online except for live sport games. Pay as you go is the way forward.
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:41pm On May 26, 2020
tamdun:

Exactly my taught. The channels I watch on dstv are not more than 10 but to get them you need to pay some serious cash. I just subscribe to glo and download the content this days because they are mostly online except for live sport games.
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by tonididdy(m): 7:20pm On May 26, 2020
na internet wey nor strong and affordable for naija, otherwise with a smart TV I can never miss any live league in the world.

1 Like

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by masterfactor(m): 8:28pm On May 26, 2020
Since I moved to Free to Air, I don rest form dstv wahala
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by gn2stevie(m): 9:47pm On May 26, 2020
Please I use Hisense led TV which has an in built decoder. How do I enjoy free to air with it?
masterfactor:
Since I moved to Free to Air, I don rest form dstv wahala
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by olaremint(m): 10:48pm On May 26, 2020
@masterfactor, kindly give info on the free to air, Dstv is without content abeg
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by masterfactor(m): 11:31pm On May 26, 2020
olaremint:
@masterfactor, kindly give info on the free to air, Dstv is without content abeg
it depends on what you want, there are many free to Air satellite.
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by masterfactor(m): 11:32pm On May 26, 2020
gn2stevie:
Please I use Hisense led TV which has an in built decoder. How do I enjoy free to air with it?
There is a fta group in TV section, you can ask your question there

1 Like

Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by gn2stevie(m): 8:13pm On May 30, 2020
Thank you
Re: Dstv/gotv increase subscription fee Effective From June 2020 by gn2stevie(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2020
Can you as well link me with the fta group as I could not track it...thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander Drop New Comedy Skit - The Greedy By Funnynation / Best TV Series I've Ever Watched / Kyle Xy Vs Heroes Vs Smallville

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.