Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (80177 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 / Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by CJ310(m): 2:28am On May 08, 2020
The number of active cases though...worrisome
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Montlab25: 2:30am On May 08, 2020
Youngtekkey:

You don't have brain, I just lost an uncle due to this corona virus last week and his son and wife too tested positive and are at isolation center currently. Use your Brain and know that even this figure is still below the real number of people who have contacted it and nothing is virtual here.
Pray that either your Dad, Mum, Uncles,, extended family or you catch it to know how real this is. Kepp wallowing in your ignorance spewww

Honestly, if I have my way, I will ship people like that guy to the isolation center to put them at risk. Maybe they will understand when we do that. Are they normal at all? How can a normal being doubt what is killing people? It's a pity people like that share a country with me.

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by aladeokin1000(m): 2:33am On May 08, 2020
God heal the world

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Youngtekkey(m): 2:39am On May 08, 2020
Montlab25:

Honestly, if I have my way, I will ship people like that guy to the isolation center to put them at risk. Maybe they will understand when we do that. Are they normal at all? How can a normal being doubt what is killing people? It's a pity people like that share a country with me.
Don't mind people like him, I really wonder how people like him thinks, it really stinking to see people still call this virus an hoax. Maybe it's until it affects their relatives or them themselves, that they will start using their brain and reason appropriately.
That is how I some people earlier yesterday, showing hands and bugging saying the virus is not real in Nigeria, I just walk pass and shook my head in disbelief such people still exist.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by kamez(m): 2:47am On May 08, 2020
PootCall:
I can see 35 states there meaning 2 states are without cases. What are those states?

cross river and kogi
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by kamez(m): 2:56am On May 08, 2020
i said it before and im saying it again, by the time corona finish with lagosians, na them go use their hand deciede to enter lockdown...

an average lagosian has the same lawless zombie attitude as the northerners

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Horpecy(m): 3:24am On May 08, 2020
PootCall:
I can see 35 states there meaning 2 states are without cases. What are those states?
kogi,crossriver
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by gobuchinny: 3:26am On May 08, 2020
Macsjebs:
Watching in 3D

If they keep increasing figures for Lagos this way, the state may end up scaring foreign investors away
Check my signature

Foreign investors? Now? Guy r u very serious? Which foreigner doesn't know about coro abi which foreigner is looking to invest in Lagos at this very moment. Egen the foreigner will have coro in his home country so which fear to invest?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by chigoizie7(m): 3:27am On May 08, 2020
Kogi and cross river una Weldon ooh

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Alwaysachick: 3:28am On May 08, 2020
layzie:

His lockdown is not justified. It's 17 cases out of about 6m people. He already gave guidelines like- don't be out in public without mask, don't drive ur car without mask, don't carry more than 3passengers in ur car or risk confiscation and auction of vehicle. don't carry more than 1 in Keke, commercial vehicles to carry only 40% of their capacity and passengers must be with masks or risk confiscation and auction of vehicle. These guidelines are enough to halt the spread of the virus.
On the contrary, what happened in the city in the last 3days with social distance thrown to the winds at banks and shops as people were struggling to get money so as to stock up for the impromptu lockdown is enough to spread the virus.
Imagine if he was governor of Lagos, what would he have done?

So he should wait for it to spread.

Let me give you a little analogy. They have 17cases, are you aware that if these cases have families, the least number of persons in this household will be 4. So for direct contact multiply 17 by 4 Which is 68. What about indirect contacts, the wife of the infected going to the market. The children. of the infected playing with other children. The Infecteds contacts at place of work, I can continue talking but to end my story, 17 is a huge number to be neglected. Lagos once had 17 cases.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Adekunlebright(m): 3:54am On May 08, 2020
continue counting

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by nastrand: 3:57am On May 08, 2020
May God save Nigeria and the world from this pandemic. Nigeria needs to put more efforts in sourcing local solution to this pandemic. Let's gather our professionals from the universities and other institutions, including traditional herbal doctors. We don't have to wait for outsiders to bring the solution as usual, moreover it is still the same Nigerians abroad that are working hard to get the solution - the same Nigerian professionals. Each state can even come up with the medicine to this virus, and then the federal will select the one that works

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Agugbadin: 4:01am On May 08, 2020
DECENCY3:
This is seriously serious.

Lagos number keeps increasing as if they have a Target to hit. Lord please heal our land.

Abuja!!! This is good news

Let all the clergy in Lagos lead us in 3-7days prayers, I believe that God will answer. This is the time to seek God's mercy and grace to overcome this common enemy.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by stabilizer: 4:08am On May 08, 2020
Que Sera Sera, If corona really enter, No one! I repeat... No one!! Can wait. Not even buhari himself. You all dont know what corona is. Go and do some research on how people respond to the virus in Italy, Spain and US... You will realize corona is not here yet! When corona shows.. Many governor would be flee as its gonna take at least 3 governors along. You don't know corona. Dem never drop naija version of corona and if them don drop am .. Kano and Lagos should watchout! Check out the similarities in the outbreak of this virus in Europe and America, you will understand what their target is. Please if your reason is shallow, Don't quote me i beg .

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Sheriffhusmern7: 4:16am On May 08, 2020
Now, The lockdown is taking longer than expected all over the world
The best thing to do is to take advantage of the pandemic by learning how to make money.
As far as am concerned, Youtube is one of the most trusted and reliable way to make money.

I am an experienced Youtuber that make my living through YouTube channel.
I am willing to teach anyone who is interested in Growing a YouTube channel or making money from youtube.

NOTE: There is a little price attached.

Kindly call or Whatsapp this number 070..84819..076
Thanks

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by stabilizer: 4:17am On May 08, 2020
Lessons from corona virus outbreak in NY & SAN FRANCISCO ....

More than three months into the outbreak, we have no clue about how many people are infected. Until we have reliable estimates of infection rates, public health professionals will not be able to tell us much about which places and people are most vulnerable to the virus, what might help to contain it, and how long the epidemic will be around. We’ll have to wait for accurate and affordable testing to know the extent of the infection. Public health experts admit that without rigorous randomized testing—which is several months away—and a safe and effective vaccine—which may be more than a year away—they cannot tell us for how long economies have to be shut down.

To be fair, many things affect the spread and severity of any virus: medical conditions, the weather, population densities, economic structures, political considerations, social norms and, of course, government policies. Almost by definition for a novel virus like COVID-19, reliable data are not easy to come by. But the confusion among public health experts is being compounded by some avoidable problems. One is that the WHO, the agency that should have led the response, has been politicized. The second is that information being supplied by the Chinese Communist Party, the government with the longest experience in dealing with the disease, is unreliable. The third is that Taiwan, which has done the best so far in containing the outbreak and keeping its economy working (while remaining the second most free country in Asia), has been deliberately shut out of the international community. It all seems pretty hopeless.

The above is just for you to know what corona is, So this war required your personal sense of reasoning. That is the only cure! How well you can manage yourself to survive.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Confidens52(m): 4:26am On May 08, 2020
MansoryMX:
Lockdown country, Nigerians refused. Buhari government kukuma happy because they never wanted to spend a dime on citizens of this great nation and the little they spent out of the billions of naira donated for the upkeeps of citizens, body pepper them. Make una accept una fate. Na now the real figures they come out. Even if lockdown continues the infection rate right now is unimaginable and we now know hunger will kill us all because this government nor go feed anybody lie lie so either ways WE ARE FUCCCKED!
hmmm for this country we are finished
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by humblebobojay(m): 4:27am On May 08, 2020
Hmmmmmm this is the worstest part of it 300+ a day and am very sure they will soon find 500+ per day trust me

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by witworth(m): 4:33am On May 08, 2020
Developed nations like the western countries are suspending lockdown because they can control it,
underdeveloped like Nigeria self is suspending lockdown self. A nation that lacks control.
Dem just dey do child's play up and down

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Brymo4all(m): 4:36am On May 08, 2020
I just hope they won't declare another Lockdown cry

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Aurelius1(m): 4:43am On May 08, 2020
eetzdave:
Ive never commented on this issue before, but this is the bitter pill

.........,..,..............,.This my fellow country men is the beginning of the end for us all
Not all of us bro. The weak and the old will die but the strong will survive. This is nature's own way of cleansing the earth and bringing sanity.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by u11ae1013: 4:43am On May 08, 2020
witworth:
Developed nations like the western countries are suspending lockdown because they can control it,
underdeveloped like Nigeria self is suspending lockdown self. A nation that lacks control.
Dem just dey do child's play up and down
they are suspending it because they had no choice, no one can control it

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by vivalavida(m): 5:02am On May 08, 2020
PootCall:

Kogi and cross river
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by hardcore007: 5:09am On May 08, 2020
We still dey play with this covik one nine birus I swear
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nobody: 5:19am On May 08, 2020
I swear only if this shitty government shared money for Nigerian citizen!! They would have stayed in their houses!! Now just see!! Mehn have said it long ago!! Its happy new year 2021! This year is gone!! Now am beginning to think this virus is AIRBORNE!! Not all this handshake ish!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by cjaylala: 5:26am On May 08, 2020
Macsjebs:
Watching in 3D

If they keep increasing figures for Lagos this way, the state may end up scaring foreign investors away
Check my signature
Ure not very bright, are you?
In these rough times globally ur talking abt foreign investors
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Obidiugwu: 5:26am On May 08, 2020
Lord heal the world...
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by layzie: 5:30am On May 08, 2020
Alwaysachick:

So he should wait for it to spread.

Let me give you a little analogy. They have 17cases, are you aware that if these cases have families, the least number of persons in this household will be 4. So for direct contact multiply 17 by 4 Which is 68. What about indirect contacts, the wife of the infected going to the market. The children. of the infected playing with other children. The Infecteds contacts at place of work, I can continue talking but to end my story, 17 is a huge number to be neglected. Lagos once had 17 cases.

There are already measures in place to take care of the example in ur analogy- contact tracing. Wen someone is positive, all their contacts, family inclusive ofcourse are traced, tested and kept under observation. The test is repeated after 14days. If ur analogy is anything to go by, Rivers has been on 14cases for weeks now without lockdown, y didn't u multiply that 14 by 4 and then by another number for indirect contacts? Y are we multiplying 17 all of a sudden and not the previous numbers months and weeks ago? By extension let's look at the world. Also multiply the US cases, UK, Italy by 4 and then by another number for indirect contacts.

Germany opening with their cases, US with over 100k deaths is opening, UK same thing.

I'm not saying lockdown is entirely wrong. No. But it has to be done right with ample notice to avoid the kind of crowd the state witnessed in shops and banks. Without the lockdown, all those people wouldn't have been there at same time, fighting and exchanging droplets with each other just to stock up. I just hope we won't start seeing spikes after 14days cos of that. Secondly, lockdown gives u an opportunity to decontaminate and fumigate public places while people are indoors. Is that the case there?

The guidelines the governor gave as stated in my first post is already enough to halt the spread while contacts of positive cases are being observed. Markets, schools and churches are already closed. People would have been living their lives within those guidelines while maintaining social distance

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by IkemChris(m): 5:36am On May 08, 2020
We dey go tribunal go protest this result. Lagos want to enter lockdown round 2

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by dboo442: 5:36am On May 08, 2020
seunmsg:
No new cases in FCT. Should we start dancing?
run out of test kit,i guess
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by anigbajumo(m): 5:46am On May 08, 2020
layzie:

There are already measures in place to take care of the example in ur analogy- contact tracing. Wen someone is positive, all their contacts, family inclusive ofcourse are traced, tested and kept under observation. The test is repeated after 14days. If ur analogy is anything to go by, Rivers has been on 14cases for weeks now without lockdown, y didn't u multiply that 14 by 4 and then by another number for indirect contacts? Y are we multiplying 17 all of a sudden and not the previous numbers months and weeks ago? By extension let's look at the world. Also multiply the US cases, UK, Italy by 4 and then by another number for indirect contacts.

Germany opening with their cases, US with over 100k deaths is opening, UK same thing.

I'm not saying lockdown is entirely wrong. No. But it has to be done right with ample notice to avoid the kind of crowd the state witnessed in shops and banks. Without the lockdown, all those people wouldn't have been there at same time, fighting and exchanging droplets with each other just to stock up. I just hope we won't start seeing spikes after 14days cos of that. Secondly, lockdown gives u an opportunity to decontaminate and fumigate public places while people are indoors. Is that the case there?

The guidelines the governor gave as stated in my first post is already enough to halt the spread while contacts of positive cases are being observed. Markets, schools and churches are already closed. People would have been living their lives within those guidelines while maintaining social distance

Oga,stop misleading people here.US never open anything and check Germany statistics with the number of test they av done,they av gone far with low number of confirmed cases and even low fatality rate in comparing to the likes of France,Italy,Spain,UK and even Belgium.... Germany opening is due to the effective approach towards the pandemic infact they av done better by far than those countries mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Arizonaguy(m): 5:52am On May 08, 2020
olaboy33:
At the end of the day when we finally accept we can't curtail this virus, we'll go the HIV and TB way.

It's going to kill people no doubt, like every other disease and virus does but we'll live our lives normally.

Imagine keeping every one indoors like goats

-because of a virus which those who tested positive to it can still protest and dance in treatment centers.

-which there is a very high recovery rate of positives.

With what we have seen here in Nigeria, Tuberculosis, Lassa fever, Aids and even HIV are far more worse with thousands of death yearly, yet, no one is locking anywhere.

Undue media overhyped Corona Virus.

I know understand why the WHO was reluctant to declare it a pandemic until the big big boys put in pressure.
i don't know why some peeps reason with their legs, everyone wants to make a statement even if it's gibberish....TB, Lassa fever and HIV are not as contagious as uncle covid
Moreso, these diseases are well known and there are vaccines for them e.g BCG
Covid was actually downplayed as a flu hence the reason for the late lockdown in countries like US, UK e.t.c....please stop displaying your ignorance in a gross manner

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs / 10 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total Of 224 Cases. 27 Discharged, 5 Dead / I Am Only 24 And I Am Diagnosed Of Impotency, Why Is Life So Unfair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.