Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 (80183 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 / Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Staro: 7:32am On May 08, 2020
Wow
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by MarrisManah(m): 7:32am On May 08, 2020
olaboy33:
At the end of the day when we finally accept we can't curtail this virus, we'll go the HIV and TB way.

It's going to kill people no doubt, like every other disease and virus does but we'll live our lives normally.

Imagine keeping every one indoors like goats

-because of a virus which those who tested positive to it can still protest and dance in treatment centers.

-which there is a very high recovery rate of positives.

With what we have seen here in Nigeria, Tuberculosis, Lassa fever, Aids and even HIV are far more worse with thousands of death yearly, yet, no one is locking anywhere.

Undue media overhyped Corona Virus.

I know understand why the WHO was reluctant to declare it a pandemic until the big big boys put in pressure.
You're very ignorant about infectious diseases. All the other diseases you listed, what's there percentage contagious rate compared to covid 19? Did you hear that any of them put half the pressure on the global health care system..?
Do you know criteria before a disease is declared pandemic..? Do you even know what that term mean? Everybody with mb be forming itk...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by sofat(m): 7:37am On May 08, 2020
So many Nigerians are not safety conscious since the ease of the lockdown. All they are after is more wealth and not sound health. For your delivery of all kinds of grain foods like rice, millet, maize etc. contact me dMESSENGER today on 08025074308.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:42am On May 08, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
Today figure go high tomorrow e go reduce,so inconsistent,so how do we plot graph with these inconsistent figures let alone determining were the graph start flattening.
Time series analysis can still determine the trend. Statisticians can relate

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nobody: 7:42am On May 08, 2020
Foreign investors from where? America or Britain? Tune to CNN and see the no of death per day over there, here is heaven compared to those places.
Macsjebs:
Watching in 3D

If they keep increasing figures for Lagos this way, the state may end up scaring foreign investors away
Check my signature
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by tete7000(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2020
DECENCY3:
This is seriously serious.

Lagos number keeps increasing as if they have a Target to hit. Lord please heal our land.

Abuja!!! This is good news

The Lagos is overpopulated. With or without lockdown, the number is likely to keep increasing because people live in close quarters.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by LaJoe2: 8:07am On May 08, 2020
Result of Monday's rush

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Virginnn(f): 8:11am On May 08, 2020
LaJoe2:
Result of Monday's rush
Not at all.
All those who who contacted it this week are not yet showing the symptoms, still mixing up freely and infecting others.
Those results are from the test on those already in isolation camps.
The Monday rush saga shall become manifest in 2 week's time.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Labinto9: 8:21am On May 08, 2020
Lagos really!! This is now becoming a scam. They just want to justify the act of easing the lockdown by increasing the numbers like that.
Lagos Really!
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by MrBlock: 8:31am On May 08, 2020
eetzdave:
Ive never commented on this issue before, but this is the bitter pill

Relaxing the lockdown was a big mistake, even when the lovkdown was still on, there were cases everyday..its going to get really worse in the next couple of days because the people that have been infected since monday is crazy...look at how people rushed and clustered themselves in banks, and they thought they were save because they wore ankara facemasks, i laugh....

This my fellow country men is the beginning of the end for us all

It is the beginning of your own end Mr Man. Talk for yourself.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Discombulator: 8:50am On May 08, 2020
At the end of the day we're going to resume our normal way of life cos this virus aiiint going nowhere.malaria kills far more and we're not locking no one down.
The only problem I see is how easy it is to spread,that might be a decider for our future.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nmezor(f): 9:11am On May 08, 2020
cucumbae:
They should be telling us the town or city where they discovers the covid19 patients.
Yeah will like to know the particular areas too, Lord help us

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by SirWarlock: 9:35am On May 08, 2020
humblebobojay:
Hmmmmmm this is the worstest part of it 300+ a day and am very sure they will soon find 500+ per day trust me
If we increase our testing capacity yes
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by SirWarlock: 9:37am On May 08, 2020
u11ae1013:
they are suspending it because they had no choice, no one can control it
and much less one that cannot cushion the lockdown
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by SirWarlock: 9:40am On May 08, 2020
Scanfrost:
I swear only if this shitty government shared money for Nigerian citizen!! They would have stayed in their houses!! Now just see!! Mehn have said it long ago!! Its happy new year 2021! This year is gone!! Now am beginning to think this virus is AIRBORNE!! Not all this handshake ish!
I think it's short distance airborne. I heard breathing the same air can transmit the virus. What I want to really know is can one infect another when he/she just got immediately
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by amakadlite(f): 10:02am On May 08, 2020
jodeci:
3 in Rivers,now i understand why Wike locked down 2LGAs and ensuring enforcement.
Rivers residents need understand that it's for our good that wike is enforcing lockdown. we don't need the outbreak to overwhelm our health system before we can follow guidelines. btw, apart from the index case, and the hotel case at rumumasi that turned out to be positive along with the children, where are these recent cases turning out from?
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by roladex(f): 10:06am On May 08, 2020
[quote author=Angelfrost post=89306708]

Stale words I have been hearing since March... Y'all should come up with something new. grin[/quote becos it is finished naw what else
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by anigbajumo(m): 10:15am On May 08, 2020
layzie:

Is this all u have to say? Re-read the post u quoted, comment appropriately and let's have a meaningful discussion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-52314866

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-06/here-s-how-boris-johnson-is-planning-to-lift-the-u-k-s-lockdown

They never unveil any plan yet,it is just a proposal
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nobody: 10:16am On May 08, 2020
caleboxylic:
Lagos turned out as expected. More cases to be reported from next week.

From next week, Lagos will be reporting at least 500 cases daily and this will last for Two weeks.

Fortunately, number of death will be on decline.

Even the infection rate and fatality % has dropped compared to the number of persons tested. It's gradually coming down.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by SirWarlock: 10:16am On May 08, 2020
Discombulator:
At the end of the day we're going to resume our normal way of life cos this virus aiiint going nowhere.malaria kills far more and we're not locking no one down.
The only problem I see is how easy it is to spread,that might be a decider for our future.
While yeah till a vaccine possibly arrives we might have to learn to live with it but for now we need to suppress it so we can continue with our lives embarassed
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Temysteve(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2020
olaboy33:
At the end of the day when we finally accept we can't curtail this virus, we'll go the HIV and TB way.

It's going to kill people no doubt, like every other disease and virus does but we'll live our lives normally.

Imagine keeping every one indoors like goats

-because of a virus which those who tested positive to it can still protest and dance in treatment centers.

-which there is a very high recovery rate of positives.

With what we have seen here in Nigeria, Tuberculosis, Lassa fever, Aids and even HIV are far more worse with thousands of death yearly, yet, no one is locking anywhere.

Undue media overhyped Corona Virus.

I know understand why the WHO was reluctant to declare it a pandemic until the big big boys put in pressure.
You are doing well..
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by fareed69(m): 10:35am On May 08, 2020
Labinto9:
Lagos really!! This is now becoming a scam. They just want to justify the act of easing the lockdown by increasing the numbers like that.
Lagos Really!
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by kingxsamz(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2020
hay123:
This sounds good. Since the trend now is to be falsifying figures to prove to the world that there is covid 19 un naija. They should keep loading the figures and be expecting Grant and aida. Other countries are busy looking for vaccine we are busy loading false figures. What a same.

You're not that bright.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by pedrilo: 11:13am On May 08, 2020
mehn dis tin full lagos i no go lie..
was going to d market yesterday, then a man fell down and was struggling to breath.
people gathered around him, some started pouring water on him.
make i nor lie, i japa straight
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by AuwalYusuf812(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2020
Even the Gods are surprise about kano cases.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by OBOTE1: 1:46pm On May 08, 2020
I want to offer my services at the isolation centers as a volunteer please advice how to go about it. Pls lets be serious.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 08, 2020
counting to 10,000.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Tywodammy90(f): 4:11pm On May 08, 2020
Surgical Face Masks Available for sale @ Retail & Wholesale Prices.
Kindly DM or WhatsApp on 08170081476 to make enquiries and to place your orders.

**Payment Validates Delivery**
**Delivery within Lagos ONLY**

Stay Safe
Stay Protected
Stay Healthy
Flatten the curve
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Tospecial(m): 4:45pm On May 08, 2020
God have mercy on your children.
Hope government will not lockdown again?
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by Okiibe(m): 7:14pm On May 08, 2020
aaamos:
Legosians will disgrace you

I will officially restart my own lockdown tomorrow..
Something must kill a man but Coro is not a nice way to go

I chose to safe myself and people around me

Correct Guy.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by honeyB2018: 7:54pm On May 08, 2020
I'm beginning to doubt Lagos state government and the figures coming out from here, for the following reasons.
(1) The Governor, unleashed the police against the Okada riders to enforce the ban on Okada riding in the state, but refused to do the same to enforce mask up Lagos. After 3days, see the result
(2) He said 3,000 samples have been collected, but has not been tested, due to the lack of the agent needed in the testing,the question now is this, this 183, highest so far, is it from the 3,000 untested samples or are they the result of the 3day lockdown ease?
I am losing my trust and confidence now, on these government officials and the way they are handling this Covid 19 issue. Does he want to collect another #10b?
Kogi and Kano states, as case study.
Re: COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 by hardbody: 10:37pm On May 08, 2020
Macsjebs:

Boss, you are another intelligent person I will be meeting on nairaland, I just checked your profile and saw a topic concerning dissertation on International Law and Diplomacy

You did MILD?

Good evening bruv. Thanks for the compliment. I am humbled. I am running a PhD program in International Law and Diplomacy. I hold degrees in Law.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs / 10 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total Of 224 Cases. 27 Discharged, 5 Dead / I Am Only 24 And I Am Diagnosed Of Impotency, Why Is Life So Unfair?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.