Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Spiritual Harlotry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Harlotry (1217 Views)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Harlotry by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
[img]http://truthinscripture.files./2011/02/adultery2.jpg?w=161&h=173[/img]

James 4:4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Imagine your pastor emotionally telling the congregants what James told the early church  in the above Scripture.  This boldness in preaching truth is what needs to happen to awaken those sleeping before the day of judgment comes.  Like in many of the Apostle’s letters, James rebuked the early Christians who thought they could have it both ways and profess to live for Christ while at the same time pursuing the lusts of the world in their hearts.  This kind of rebuke is rarely heard today and certainly not in any of the churches I have ever attended.    No we are spoon fed a sugar laden water downed gospel that looks nothing like what my Bible says.  There is no fear of God and without it,  there can be no real knowledge of God.   We are the brethren and also the true church and we are called to use the word of God to correct, reproof and train each other so we will be wise unto salvation.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

Church today has for the most part become all about singing songs, getting entertained and talking about the half the gospel, the cotton candy part only.  While there is absolutely nothing wrong with songs, music and entertainment, if that is all there is, therein lies the problem.  The sheep are not being fed the Word that can wash them and save their souls.  James wrote this Epistle to correct the false teaching and misconception that was taking hold in the early church.  This error said that a belief in Jesus nullified the commandments of God and negated the need for believers to purify themselves and follow Jesus in a walk of holiness.  Sounds very much like the same thing is going on in today’s fallen away church.  Where are the watchman for the church?   The watchman have fallen asleep and are not on duty.  They have traded their true calling for popularity, reputation and esteem from the world.

Think about it.  James called these early christians ADULTERESSES. These are very strong words especially considering the letter was written to the brethren, meaning the professing church of Christ.  It wasn’t written to a bunch of people sitting in bars getting drunk or hanging out by sleazy hotels looking for sexual escapades.   Under the law of Moses, the penalty for adultery was death.  Being called an adulterer would have certainly gotten the attention of all those calling themselves christians.    But the problem has become the church itself.  The apostate churches of today have become factories creating many harlots. The fallen away “church” is indeed the Mother of Harlots, spoken about in the Book of Revelation.  The harlots are the double minded Christians who follow doctrines of demons and follow a different Jesus than the true Prince of Peace.

While we all know that sexual adultery and fornication is an abomination to God,  it is also true that spiritual adultery and fornication is an abomination.  The Lord demands our whole heart and when we follow other idols and lusts, we are nothing more than a harlot  in God’s eyes.  When we commit to Jesus, we cannot look back and stay married to our old man and other worldly lusts.  If we do this we are committing spiritual adultery, we are cheating God.  Most of the professing body of believers lack any understanding on what being a harlot or love-peddler of the faith is all about.    Of course this won’t be taught as it might upset some people in church, especially a big tither or someone on the church committee.  Jesus taught this however and He is our one true teacher.

Matthew 15:19-20 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man

Ear tickling preachers have led the sheep astray, all in the name of love and in the name of Jesus.  But it is a big lie.  They are creating harlots, double minded tares who will receive nothing from the Lord except for condemnation.  This truth of God’s Word does not please flesh but it is true nonetheless.

I mourn and weep over the drive I felt to even write a message such as this.  I am as guilty as anyone having made a mockery of God’s commandments with the way I have lived.  God is stirring the pot so to speak to call people to repentance.  I see wide religious roads filled with tares headed for destruction.  I see people fast asleep falsely secure in their “faith” and others on a sugar high that comes from their cotton candy gospel.  Jesus was spot on correct when He told us how succesful the false teachers and apostate church would be in deceiving the people.

Matthew 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 

Double Minded Christians
James spoke out against double minded christians.  He rebuked and corrected the false beliefs and the phony faith they were clinging to.    The early church was already being led astray by false teachers that had perverted the grace of God into a license to sin and taught the cotton candy gospel that is thriving today in the end time church.  These early christians were deceived and James told them they should expect to receive nothing from God.    James 1:6-8 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.  Later in his epistle James exhorts those walking double minded to repent of their sin and get real about their faith. 

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Many christians are standing on shaky ground.  Their prayers are not heard, they wallow and bounce around on whether they truly trust in God or not.  They are double minded.  Their love of idols and sin have created stumbling blocks so they cannot see the truth, even when they read their Bibles.  James tells us that the effective prayer of a righteous man avails itself much and as already stated, the prayers of the double minded are not answered.   Many go around claiming to believe in prayer yet their actions and deeds show they are trusting in their flesh and not in God.  James was simply restating an immutable truth that the Lord Himself gave to His disciples including James.   That truth is we cannot serve two masters. Jesus and Paul made this very clear.

Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. 

Romans 6:16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey–whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Why do we call Jesus Lord if we do not do what He says?  Jesus asked that question of the Jews and it applies to us today.  Bible prophecy tells us that in the end times, what we call church will be fallen away from the truth and actually worshipping another Jesus.  That is the image of the beast spoken about in Daniel and Revelation on which I will soon be writing more about. 

Jesus Comes for a Pure Bride
The true church of Jesus Christ is His Bride. If we are really God’s children, we will be striving to prepare ourselves for this wedding feast with the Lord.  The time for this feast is near as it follows the return of Jesus to judge the nations.  Jesus is not coming back for a church that simply believes He is God — even demons believe that and they shudder! Jesus is coming back for a His people who have followed Him and by His power and His spirit have made themselves a pure and holy bride, one totally unspotted from the lusts and evil of the world.

Revelation 19:7 For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Are you ready?   We must be cleaned and unspotted and we prepare ourselves by going to the Word to be washed.

Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Paul chastised the Corinthians as some had continued to practice sin and immerse themselves in unholy activities.  Paul feared for the church lest their faith was in vain.  Here he reminded the church on the goal of purity and the preparation that we the Bride must make to get ready. 

2 Cor 11:2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. If our hope is truly in Christ we will purify ourselves just as the Lord is pure. 

If we do not overcome the defilement caused by lusts and die to self, we will be overcome.  The Bridegroom will say to us depart from me, I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness.  If we profess to know God yet practice sin and pursue the desires of our flesh, we are nothing more than a spiritual fornicator.  These are the harlots spoken of in the Scriptures, particularly the Books of Hosea, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. These great prophets spoke of sin and judgment, for not only Israel but for us in the end times.

Fornication & Adultery
The Lord had some choice words for those inside the church of  Thyatira that practiced fornication, and I believe it refers to spiritual fornication as explained below.

Revelation 2:20-22 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.  21And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.   22Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 

The women Jezebel refers to a fallen away church – one that has been overtaken by the powers of darkness via deception.  The adultery and fornication spoken of in this passage and others in Scripture  is not speaking to sexual immorality.   God is speaking about spiritual matters in our hearts.  When we share our hearts with idols, lusts and sin, we are committing adultery.  Paul used marriage as an example to explain how we get freedom from the curse of the law and walk in newness with Christ.  We must be freed from our prior marriage to sin and to do that someone must die.

Romans 7:2-3 For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband.3So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man. 

Unless we crucify ourselves and the old man dies, we are adulteresses.   The church is teaching adultery and spiritual fornication as prophesied in the Scripture.  The cost of discipleship and the need to suffer and die to self are cut out of the gospel and all we have left is a “Jesus Loves You” cotton candy gospel.  The real Jesus is nowhere around these churches or in the hearts of most of these people.

Committing spiritual adultery and fornication  is what the demon spirits of the powers of darkness entice us to do.  Jezebel is an old name in the Scriptures and her story is a type/example of how evil is propagated to the people of God.  We must resist and overcome these temptations and cleanse our hearts of all such idols, otherwise we are fornicators with the world.

Babylon Church: The Spirit of Harlotry
A demon spirit of harlotry (Jezebel)  has sprung up inside the apostate church.  Working on the inside, this spirit has promoted a false gospel that says we can have it both ways and practice spiritual prostitution or fornication and still be in God’s will.  Just say a prayer one time or go to church on Sunday and everything is going to be all right.   As Hosea prophesied, people so deceived by this spirit will profess to know God but really do not.  The God they know is a false Jesus.  They live for and walk after the lusts of their flesh.

Hosea 5:3-4 For now, O Ephraim, you have played the harlot, Israel has defiled itself. 4Their deeds will not allow them. To return to their God. For a spirit of harlotry is within them, And they do not know the LORD.

Sadly the world and everyone else loves a harlot.  Harlots are very nice people and do many wonderful things, but they are still harlots.  They seem to get along with everybody and do many good deeds.  But they do not confront evil inside or outside the church nor do they judge the righteous judgment of God.  Instead they teach and walk tolerance and call that love.  They have a hidden agenda driven by selfish ambition to please men and build earthly followings, buildings and reputations.  The gospel they believe and preach is a broad and easy road that requires no effort on anyone’s part.  Welcome to the Babylon Church my friends, it is led by and full of double minded harlots.

Revelation 17:3-5 And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication.5 And on her forehead a name was written: 

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
The organized church system and denominations is the Harlot Church as foretold in Bible Prophecy.  The true church of God is not contained in any building or inside any denomination.   False shepherds have led many into apostasy and following after traditions of men and doctrines of  demons. Because many people love not the truth to be saved; God has sent upon them a strong delusion so they will believe the lie about sin and their church system.  The spirit of the anti christ is and has been at work in the churches for many centuries.  These false churches are in fact the image of the beast spoken about in the Book of Revelation.  Those ensnared in deception worship this image, which is not God but their false system of religion.

The abomination that causes desolation is already standing in the holy places.  Since Jesus, the temple of God is in the hearts of His people.  The image of the beast is now established and being glorified in the church sanctuaries and buildings of the end times.  Many of these churches are nothing more than synagogues of Satan.   This deception is only now beginning to be revealed.  There is still time to escape the snare and come out of Babylon.
The Babylon church is the mother of harlots.  The apostate church has been churning out spiritual adulterers and fornicator’s that all believe Jesus was the son of God.  These deceived harlots claim to be married to Jesus (“I am a christian”) yet at the same time they are married to the powers of darkness (“I love my sin”) which lusts in their hearts and defiles them.  They have been led astray by false teachers, wolves in sheep’s clothing  and are being held in bondage, totally blind to their fate.  Those who have understanding must labor to shine light on the fear of God and the pending judgment.

The message of His pending judgment and the last call to come out of the false church systems has been put on my heart.   You may wish to watch the following video I did many months after writing this post that brings better definition to the LovePeddler harlot church of the end times – Mystery Babylon.

http://truthinscripture.com/2010/11/01/playing-the-harlot-in-babylon/
Re: Spiritual Harlotry by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
Re: Spiritual Harlotry by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
I am as guilty as anyone having made a mockery of God’s commandments

maybe.

i noticed this:

frosbel:

James 4:4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

when in fact this is the actual verse:

James 4:4 You adulterers and adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

just my two cents.

i do get your point however, but wanted to make the correction so it would be clear.

(1) (Reply)

The Issue Of Tithe And Tithing / Did The Roman Catholic Church Give Us Our Bible? / It is well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.