Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride (1903 Views)

Hausa Writers--our Pride / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by Bassey231(m): 7:01pm On Jun 08, 2007
grin grin grin Have you ever thought of paradise in Africa? A place where you can relax without thinking of the problems life offers- especially to we Nigerians? A place where you can really appreciate nature and all the good things it has to offer? A place that has one of the largest virgin forests in the world. A place where one special specie of gorillas still exist. A place where some of the best Nigerian and indeed African cuisines find its home. A real tourist heaven,with beautiful and very warm people. A place where you find Africa's premier business resort. A place judged to have the neatest city in Nigeria. A place where everybody- both residents and visitors call home. Have you ever thought of CROSS RIVER STATE. A state with over 72 dialects; ranging from the Efiks of the southern axis,the ejaghams of the central axis and the bekwarras of the northern region. A state where peace and I mean real peace exists. That place is Cross River State - OUr Faith, Our pride.
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by TYNN2(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2007
Yes, faith and pride. this could be traced to the early Nigeria history when Calabar was the point and the surpression that followed with marginalisation and underating  by those who beleived wisdom and power is only for the majority ethnic group in the country. Surpressing those they viewed as minorities with their God given wealth to to go underground.  Call it a psycological strategy of ethnic cleansing, if you like.
I am not angry but just making a point.
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by sukieboy(f): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2007
Yeah Da Bassey,
Dnny, Don't allow them to intimidate you. There is strength in small but quality number. The whole majority of corrupt Nigerians can't match Don Duke's intelligence in governace.
Keep doing your best and gradually they will realise that they need the minorities in this notion called Nigeria.
The foolish ones walk away from goldLand cos it looks hard to dig.

Keep the Flag flying. Even on this Nairaland don't you see how intelligent the minorities go abt their posts and replies.

Tie sund Eta, Abasi Odu ye afo
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by DisGuy: 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
oya all the calabar girls come out o  cheesy

are cross river people igbos?
what language do they speak there?
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by Ikomi(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2007
Dis Guy:

are cross river people igbos?

The answer to your question is that Akwa Ibom, which was carved out of cross river shares boudary with the Igbo pple. But its so intresting to know that the Igbo pple they share boundaries with have a total different language from them, amazing. And When the Calabar man speaks he kind of twists his tongue in a way that u wont find in any other Nigerian tribe. Like calling Champion, yampion. But I must say he is a very honest man.

I sometimes take them to have descended from China, cos those are the only pple with such twisted tongue I can think of and level of honesty.
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by TYNN2(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2007
Ikomi:

The answer to your question is that Akwa Ibom, which was carved out of cross river shares boudary with the Igbo people. But its so intresting to know that the Igbo people they share boundaries with have a total different language from them, amazing. And When the Calabar man speaks he kind of twists his tongue in a way that u wont find in any other Nigerian tribe. Like calling Champion, yampion. But I must say he is a very honest man.

I sometimes take them to have descended from China, because those are the only people with such twisted tongue I can think of and level of honesty.

Ikomi,
You should have allowed an indegene to answer.
Too fast too fool.
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by Ikomi(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2007
TYNN2:

Ikomi,
You should have allowed an indegene to answer.
Too fast too fool.

An indigene of where? Sorry dude u should have stated that. Thanks for calling me a fool. Tells me how far away from me u are. Wise man.
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2007
Calabar is a nice place but I had an Efik friend in secondary school and I always dissed him for being "Calabar" but he dissed me too, I wish to apologize now.
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by Imani(f): 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2007
Bassey231:

grin grin grin Have you ever thought of paradise in Africa? A place where you can relax without thinking of the problems life offers- especially to we Nigerians? A place where you can really appreciate nature and all the good things it has to offer? A place that has one of the largest virgin forests in the world. A place where one special specie of gorillas still exist. A place where some of the best Nigerian and indeed African cuisines find its home. A real tourist heaven,with beautiful and very warm people. A place where you find Africa's premier business resort. A place judged to have the neatest city in Nigeria. A place where everybody- both residents and visitors call home. Have you ever thought of CROSS RIVER STATE. A state with over 72 dialects; ranging from the Efiks of the southern axis,the ejaghams of the central axis and the bekwarras of the northern region. A state where peace and I mean real peace exists. That place is Cross River State - OUr Faith, Our pride.

You will make a good marketer.  wink

Hope to visit Cross Rivers and especially Calabar very soon and see things for myself cheesy
Re: Cross River State; Our Faith, Our Pride by LondonCool(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Most Beautiful Women / 'sex For £13 And A party For £9'- 'hungry' Prostitutes In Rio (photos) / Nuk Culture: Lost Nigerian Culture Becomes A Mystery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.