Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company (61416 Views)

New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching / What Are The Requirements To Travel By Local Flight From Portharcourt To Abuja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Creeza(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2020
COVID-19: Local Transport Company In Edo State, New Sitting Arrangement (Photos)

Transporters in Benin City, the Edo State Capital encourages social distancing in their bid to curb the spread of the dreadful COVID-19 pandemic.

This period has really shown that people of Edo State value lives over money as they adopt a new sitting arrangement for long-distance travel within the state.

From Benin-City, the Capital to other parts of the state the sitting arrangement remains two persons per row and one at the front seat near the driver.

Nevertheless, prices increased by 40 percent i.e if one paid 1000 naira from Benin City to Uromi, or Auchi now you pay #1,400. A driver when asked about the added price made it clear that it's nothing to raise alarms about as the "extra" went to security agencies on the highway ( the police and FRSC) for their tireless efforts in this period of uncertainty.

“ Simply telling them to keep up the good work. Nothing more nothing less” He concluded

A very welcome development if you ask me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Ezennwa(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2020
hmm!

Nice one, you sit comfortably without any disturbance.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Bola146(f): 11:38am On May 09, 2020
grin grin Don't be surprised if the tfare is 3x before grin

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Creeza(m): 11:49am On May 09, 2020
Bola146:
grin grin Don't be surprised if the tfare is 3x before grin
Lol grin Actually it was cheaper. But now that government-owned transportation companies are not running, I think these guys are banking on it. But considerate unlike in the past when they pack you with three other people on a row grin

Edited: Was cheaper when compared to the pay per head.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Creeza(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

True. It's VIP treatment. cool

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Creeza(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2020
lalasticlala:

Are you the source. If you are not kindly put link to the source. Thanks
Yes I am. I took the pictures myself.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by kerry57: 12:09pm On May 09, 2020
Yes, the way to go. We just have to learn how to live with this virus until a cure and vacine is found. God is our protector above all.
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Olarewaju89: 12:10pm On May 09, 2020
Those people you are showing their pictures here, i hope you tell them before posting their pictures? undecided
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by BUSHHUNTER: 12:10pm On May 09, 2020
Anything Lagos do...others must copy

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by aremed(m): 12:10pm On May 09, 2020
Myidealpartner

1 Share

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Righteousness89(m): 12:10pm On May 09, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Nice one, you sit comfortably withy any disturbance.
I guess u pay more right?
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by wunmi590(m): 12:10pm On May 09, 2020
New sitting arrangement and increased t-fare

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Exc2000: 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
Nice one, atleast Petrol prices are now cheap, so the fares should remain the same
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by AmazingELixir: 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
grin grin grin

Wetin concern bus drivers , This formula must apply

No.passangers x Fare(pre_corona) = No.passangers x Fare(during_corona) + N.

Where N = greed factor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Lagosfinder(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
What Lagos needs
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by God1000(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
The fear of coronavirus
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Slawormir: 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by oz4real83(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
This is a big lie. The state govt' s intention was this but the reality still remains that buses now carry 3 passengers at the back, 3 at the middle and 1 at the front. When they see the govt enforcement team, they start begging some passengers to alight from the bus till they pass the enforcement team, where they will be picked up again.

13 Likes

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by ArmaniUhuru: 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
If school resumes and they write exams with social distancing, many people will not graduate.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Aturitoroman: 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
Expect the passengers to pay *3 of their transport
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by wonuks(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
embarassed
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Amdoyin(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

then it comes back to you cos you and I pay for the vacant sit.
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Ezennwa(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
I guess u pay more right?
Please Expatiate
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Linusjnr001(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Creeza:
COVID-19: Local Transport Company In Edo State, New Sitting Arrangement (Photos)

Transporters in Benin City, the Edo State Capital encourages social distancing in their bid to curb the spread of the dreadful COVID-19 pandemic.

This period has really shown that people of Edo State value lives over money as they adopt a new sitting arrangement for long-distance travel within the state.

From Benin-City, the Capital to other parts of the state the sitting arrangement remains two persons per row and one at the front seat near the driver.

Nevertheless, prices increased by 40 percent i.e if one paid 1000 naira from Benin City to Uromi, or Auchi now you pay #1,400. A driver when asked about the added price made it clear that it's nothing to raise alarms about as the "extra" went to security agencies on the highway ( the police and FRSC) for their tireless efforts in this period of uncertainty.

“ Simply telling them to keep up the good work. Nothing more nothing less” He concluded

A very welcome development if you ask me.

� VIP tickets in buses now
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by Arturitoroman: 12:13pm On May 09, 2020
I know the bus divers will increase the transport fare
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by adekanmbi1986(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2020
But the their is increase in the fare..
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by bikerboy1(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2020
Will this madness ever end?
Re: COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company by BigTableShaker(f): 12:13pm On May 09, 2020
Very good, person fit straff before you reach destination sef.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lorry Kills 8 Hawkers In Awka Anambra, Youths Burn Lorry-Load Of Cows / Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.