Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) (1308 Views)

Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2020
It is of common knowledge that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most states are on lockdown while some are of low-handedness. But generally, inter-state migration is prohibited except for incentives. E.g Medic aids, food items, petroleum products et al.
But on a serious note, i need opinions on why the panic migration of Northerners to the South. Of late, there's this unknown plague ruining and taking lives in hundreds in the north with yet to be confirmed information if its actually COVID-19.
With the latest influx, i think its more than just greener pasture. Please, any idea about the panic trans-border infiltration?

Share your thoughts. Thanks
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by elotajohn1(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2020
grin
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 10:59pm On May 09, 2020
elotajohn1:
grin
No comment yet?
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by godofuck231: 11:03pm On May 09, 2020
willyo:
It is of common knowledge that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most states are on lockdown while some are of low-handedness. But generally, inter-state migration is prohibited except for incentives. E.g Medic aids, food items, petroleum products et al.
But on a serious note, i need opinions on why the panic migration of Northerners to the South. Of late, there's this unknown plague ruining and taking lives in hundreds in the north with yet to be confirmed information if its actually COVID-19.
With the latest influx, i think its more than just greener pasture. Please, any idea about the panic trans-border infiltration?

Share your thoughts. Thanks
let me answer your question like an illiterate that I am,

the lockdown has forced families to knuckle up, that means stay at home and manage resources, the only one who helps now when in need don in nigeria is family, most illegal immigrants have no one to fall to, the army and chadians are raping bokoharam like defenceless teen girls, most have deserted, the foreign nomads who sleep in shops an kano and sokoto are on the loose, they are finding refuge, and the sickman of nigeria as usual is blind so as his security agencies,
some are alert but no will to deport their stooges, these guys commit and go Scot-free ,they have no documentation or form of identification, they are exposed to weather and the Corona pandemic there by spreading it unknowingly.
the alamajiris are from Niger, most of them are defendants of immigrants,
in 2008 wile I was on my way to Abuja for a meeting I stopped in lokoja with friends for refreshments while soldiers from 77th battalion in Warri were moving via delta line to boronu, a woman carrying a child made a call and spoke in a language I couldn't understand, 10 minutes after a friend interpreted says she's sending intels about the numbers of soldiers and vehicle count,
he country is rigged like an explosive with dangerous aliens.

3 Likes

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2020
godofuck231:
let me answer your question like an illiterate that I am,

the lockdown has forced families to knuckle up, that means stay at home and manage resources, the only one who helps now when in need don in nigeria is family, most illegal immigrants have no one to fall to, the army and chadians are raping bokoharam like defenceless teen girls, most have deserted, the foreign nomads who sleep in shops an kano and sokoto are on the loose, they are finding refuge, and the sickman of nigeria as usual is blind so as his security agencies,
some are alert but no will to deport their stooges, these guys commit and go Scot-free ,they have no documentation or form of identification, they are exposed to weather and the Corona pandemic there by spreading it unknowingly.
the alamajiris are from Niger, most of them are defendants of immigrants,
in 2008 wile I was on my way to Abuja for a meeting I stopped in lokoja with friends for refreshments while soldiers from 77th battalion in Warri were moving via delta line to boronu, a woman carrying a child made a call and spoke in a language I couldn't understand, 10 minutes after a friend interpreted says she's sending intels about the numbers of soldiers and vehicle count,
he country is rigged like an explosive with dangerous aliens.
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by socialmediaman: 11:36pm On May 09, 2020
I think the lockdown is only exposing something that may have been happening for long now. We’ve heard of herdsmen attacks in many different parts of the country and I think it only makes sense to assume this migration didn’t start recently!

8 Likes

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 11:37pm On May 09, 2020
My Goodness. Meaning the happenings in the north are all plots being carefully play-acted. But why are they pretensiously blind to reality? Religion?
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by Yobabad: 11:58pm On May 09, 2020
If they must migrate to the south, then let them migrate to Southwest that is were the have few brothers including MURIC

3 Likes

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by stonemasonn: 12:13am On May 10, 2020
You need an oracle to tell you that the poverty in the North is getting worse.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by Pleasant01: 12:18am On May 10, 2020
Yobabad:
If they must migrate to the south, then let them migrate to Southwest that is were the have few brothers including MURIC
so you don't want them to join their fellow Igbo Muslim in abia??

4 Likes

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by edoairways: 12:31am On May 10, 2020
socialmediaman:
I think the lockdown is only exposing something that may have been happening for long now. We’ve heard of herdsmen attacks in many different parts of the country and I think it only makes sense to assume this migration didn’t start recently!
You are making sense
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:50am On May 10, 2020
It's purely political.
Since RUGA and Amoteku have cancelled each other out of Fulanization agenda of Buhari, the next possible means of taking over the South by subterfuge is tru shipping HausaFulanis Muslims youths and almajiris to south which would be followed by next policy to come from Buhari/NASS to indigenise them as 'southerners' for election rigging in favour of Fulani Forever Presidency coming soon.

Buhari himself is a Virus. More deadly than Covid19.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by Nobody: 1:10am On May 10, 2020
PANIC is a very bad thing.

Imagine a Northerner who migrated back to North in the wake of the virus. After 2 or 4 weeks of lockdown, hunger sets in. Just one scenario painted.

Secondly, for anyone following the NCDC daily tally on infection rates, figures in the North were very low at the start, and I premonition knew the numbers submitted for Kano were fake in the first two weeks.

Expected it to be an epicenter. That they are migrating away from the virus is an obvious fact.

Thirdly, Lagos has more figures yet nobody is running away from there. The average northerner even, the ones commenting on Nairaland here wants to go about his business as usual, claiming he has the right to travel to any part of the country at anytime. Their level of compliance to rules and regulations is abysmal. If that is not illiteracy, I don't know what it is.
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:00am On May 10, 2020
Its boko haram migration
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 3:13am On May 10, 2020
socialmediaman:
Sincerely it was overlooked. It all didn't start today. It is possible they know the inner terrains of some states than the native

1 Like

Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 3:34am On May 10, 2020
Yobabad:
If they litter the SW, the repercussion on SE and SS is equal
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by princemillla(m): 3:40am On May 10, 2020
I don't know much but with the desperation of the northerners to cling to power forever. This move might be in preparation for next election.
Re: Reason Behind The North To South Influx(migration) by willyo(m): 4:06am On May 10, 2020
princemillla:
I don't know much but with the desperation of the northerners to cling to power forever. This move might be in preparation for next election.

As in to make up the compulsory 25%? This is highly logical

(1) (Reply)

Should I Stay Home And Start Goat Farming Or I Should Travel To Poland / The Story Behind This Striking Sculpture In Uyo / Which Country In Africa Is Best For A Nurse To Migrate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.