Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome (3721 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Gombs(m): 8:43am On Jan 13, 2011
hey people,i was just curious and wanted to ask this question,i've noticed over the years,pastor Chris Onyhakilome have been discussed here(and all the time,it's been in terms of heavy negative writing),he has been discussed more than nigerian's president,the PDP,kidnappers,militants,etc. . .am just asking,why won't people leave him alone?
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by mabell: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2011
The greater the supernatural manifestation of God's power he exhibits, the greater the criticism he recieves

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by SirJohn(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2011
We are in an IT age where information is very readily available to anyone who cares to know. People should know that no matter who they are or what they do, there are curious eyes watching, no more hiding behind the dark veil of technological backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by nuella2(f): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2011
mabell:

The greater the supernatural manifestation of God's power he exhibits, the greater the criticism he recieves

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by manmustwac(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2011
even EFCC are critisizing him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by free123: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
Once u are a public figure people must say something especially when u let ur hidden agenda known
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Jenwitemi(m): 12:27pm On Jan 13, 2011
Gombs:

hey people,i was just curious and wanted to ask this question,i've noticed over the years,pastor Chris Onyhakilome have been discussed here(and all the time,it's been in terms of heavy negative writing),he has been discussed more than nigerian's president,the PDP,kidnappers,militants,etc. . .am just asking,why won't people leave him alone?
Are you sure the "honourable" pastor wants to be left alone? I bet he enjoys all the attention and popularity notoriety he is getting. That's why he keeps coming out with more outrageous stuffs like paying entrance fees to night services. The man loves the attention

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Gombs(m): 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Are you sure the "honourable" pastor wants to be left alone? I bet he enjoys all the attention and popularity notoriety he is getting. [s]That's why he keeps coming out with more outrageous stuffs like paying entrance fees to night services. [/s]The man loves the attention

now,evn if he did raped a girl,r u now God's advocate to judge him?wont u jst careless about his matter?i wud advice u to let God do his judging business,dnt do it 4 him. . . And wots d fuss about d entrance fee?u shud b hapy dat pple would wnt 2 pay(evn double dat amount) so as 2 listen to God's word.dnt u tink he's too rich 2 cm and colect N1000 4rm hw many pple?if he wantd money or 'do busines' like people tag it here,he would hav gotten a stadium,n hp u knw dat there would still b ova flow?. . .its jst my opinion,dnt knw y evil men here would wnt 2 b d 1st 2 cast d stone.
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by nuclearboy(m): 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^Are you being honest/sincere?

You say if he violated a girl, he should be left to God.

So if someone comes and violates your relation in your presence, that is what you'll say or is it just this man that deserves such?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by free123: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
Pastor chris said u are a picture of what u are taught.
I have given this a second thought and came to the conclusion that all ce members including Gombs are pictures of what they are taught at cec.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by noetic16(m): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
mabell:

and what are these supernatural manifestations?
a. charging people N1000 each to worship God
b. stage managing miracles
c. preaching a strange gospel called prosperity. teaching tithing and first fruits.
d. constantly bastardizing the body of Christ through his blasphemies
e. encouraging people to steal for his "god"
f. dressing, talking and acting as though he is of the world.

one question. . . .is chris oyakilome saved at all?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Joagbaje(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2011
@op
I think they hold  him in admiration but they don't how to express it. That's why they can't leave him alone.

John 7:12-13
12 And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.

Some others do what he does but no one is talking. So it's simply admiration of one man.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by newmi(m): 7:28am On Jan 14, 2011
^^^
chris okotie curls his hair. But there is no reference or criticism. Several churches holds conferences that you have to pay money for registration . Some have musical programme that you pay to enter, but no one is talking. In Synagogue church,You must buy a book before you enter for service, no one is talking. What of catholic church bazaars and all. I'm sure if pastor chris gets a jet now or if the church buys for him, Evry news paper will make it front page for one full month!. He is a news maker simply put .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Joagbaje(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2011
@Noetic
noetic16:

That's an incomplete report.it was seat reservation for a reason to cut down numbers. We agree there could have been a better way. But It wasn't imposed . There were four other auditoria that requires no reservation ticket. It's was a choice . Besides it's the organizing committee that did this. The man of God was praying for the year.  

I work miracles, or rather miracles are been wrought through me and many other people I know. Why should miracles be a big deal to you.those who lack the supernatural in their lives criticises miracles .  It's supposed to be our life as Christian to work miracles.If you ever work a miracle, you will never criticise miracles again.

Mark 9:39
. . .  for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me

c. preaching a strange gospel called prosperity. teaching tithing and first fruits.

The gospel is about prosperity. Tithing and first fruit are not pastor Chris invention.

This is not strange , people in their ignorance call truth blasphemies.  Jesus and Paul were blasphemers to some ignorant people of their days.

I'm curious to have a proof of this. Can you prove it, quote the article where he said so or give a link. I'm sure you have none . Except gossip of poor men.

John 7:12
12 There was a lot of discussion about him among the crowds. Some said,"He's a wonderful man,"while others said,"No, he's duping the public
."

Wearing of fine suit is worldly to you. So What's your idea of Christian fashion? Jesus wore the fashion of his day.he didn't dress like John the baptist in goat skin! 

the question should have been , ARE YOU saved? Because you don't speak against christ if you are one of his.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by maddock(m): 8:25am On Jan 14, 2011
The people that speak against not just Pastor Chris but all men of God are silently digging their graves.I usually ask people one question about their opinion. WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG? Sinning against the holy spirit is something that can't be forgiven by God.Some of us think we know God but we don't. If God could use Rehab the prostitute, mathew the tax collector and he called David a man after his own heart.Who do you think he can't use. Rehab was a prostitute,Mathew the tax collector was a cheat and David a murderer.Yet God use them,the bible tries to teach us the mind of God but we just don't want to learn hence our senseless criticisms.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Emade(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2011
My friend they had something that is why they are talking about it.things like the 1000 gate fee thing.how u see am.another thing is if u do not want people to talk about u just kill urself than people will stop talking about u.4 me i want people to talk about me ok.
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by mabell: 10:12am On Jan 14, 2011
SirJohn:

We are in an IT age where information is very readily available to anyone who cares to know. People should know that no matter who they are or what they do, there are curious eyes watching, no more hiding behind the dark veil of technological backwardness.

Thank God for IT, we can reach the world right from a particular place and into the comfort of homes cutting through every tribe and nation.
That is the reason for IT and not to witch hunt ppl

manmustwac:

even EFCC are critisizing him.
They should give him their best shot, we are tired of hearing this
After criticism what next?!
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by mabell: 10:14am On Jan 14, 2011
free123:

Pastor chris said u are a picture of what u are taught.
I have given this a second thought and came to the conclusion that all ce members including Gombs are pictures of what they are taught at cec.

Exactly, the picture is indeed beautiful
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by mabell: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2011
noetic16:

-It has being told over and again, the 1,000 was for that viewing centre. There were other close centres around
You pay to attend shows, concerts e.t.c
-Anybody can perform miracles, it's not just for the pastors or church leaders alone
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons: freely ye received, freely give
Matt 10:8 (ASV)

-He also teaches on your rights in christ, love, evangelism and soulwinning, development as a youth and so on so are these strange gospels as well?
-State your blasphemies pls
-how do you mean,what was stolen and where did he categorically encourage them to do so
- Are suits of the world or agbada cos ive seen him wear that before or are you saying we should go back to using leaves to make clothes. Even Jesus wore the best of clothes, bible says the soldiers cast lots on His clothes, Jesus must have being very worldly se!

The soldiers therefore, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also the coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. 24 They said therefore one to another, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my garments among them, And upon my vesture did they cast lots
John 19:23-24 (ASV)

Finally, how do you know a man is saved?
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Azibalua(f): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2011
Personalliy I don't think pastor chris being talked about on NL has anything to do with his suits,hair or skin colour,
I think it has more to do with the fact that he is one person that does not seek for human attention and praise and hardly makes any comment even when harsh words are being used to criticise him, I believe this to be a show of love towards all,and also it is very obvious to all that his ministry is moving fast ahead of the present
This makes him a very easy target cos people want to say things that will catch his attention

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by ogajim(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nigerians and their readiness to justify anything they like or want. The Bible explains everything to anyone who is willing to study and pray for guidance from the Holy Spirit.

There are lots of Nigeria's so called "mega pastors" that are misleading MANY and until folks come to the full realization that this wasn't the example set by our Lord Jesus Christ, they'll continue on the path.

Matthew 7 : 13-29

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

The Words of our Lord Jesus Christ, nothing more to add.
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Gombs(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2011
. . . Some people here wrote he preaches 'prosperity gospel'. . . Abeg,na poverty una want make him dey preach?. . .Even at that,you guys would still complain, romans 14:4 who art thou that judgest another man's servant? To his own master he standeth or falleth. . .Question,what has pastor chris done to you guys?my brain has failed to reason that o!
And miracles,if my common me can heal the sick,why would pastor chris stage his?. . . I love pastor chris's messages,if you can take time and listen to just one of any of his messages,you would know that he is not ordinary. . . And another half wit asked whether he is saved?. . .my answer is that . . .God help your case
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by free123: 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Gombs
do u preach repentance in cec at all? What is salvation to u? What is seeking first the kingdom of God and its righteousness?
@all cec members
can anyone of u start a thread on the teachings of pastor chris on sin and its consequences, cos i have not heard this chris talk about sin for at most 2 minutes.
Repentance which is the major thing has been relegated in this church, its prosperity, materialism all the way
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by 2good(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2011
When will my fellow country men start using their brain to think and know that no pastor, man of god or any god for that matter can solve their problem.
Europe is a perfect example. The practically believe in no god and all you africans rush down there.
I once attended a church in Europe which is usually an all black affair most time after being invited by a friend and was surprised that all the testimony I was hearing revolves round how god helped them and their house hold to acquire visa to come to europe or get an european passport.
Dont U think we must be really backward in our thinking and its high time we stamp out all these dubious so call men of god who play on the black mans gullibility by selling to him what he want to hear and in the process, supressing his thinking ability by making him believe he can only achieve something for himself in his life if god intervene and he foolishly put all his savings in a coffer belonging to the paster in the name of sowing seed.
I'm just sick and tired of being the only one trying to be realistic in approach to problem solving because everyone is still hoping on god that will never answer their prayers.
I think religion is the biggest fraud that ever plagued mankind because it supresses their reasoning just like the catholic church imprisoned Galileo till his death simply because the church believed his Corpenican theory of the sun stationary with the earth revolving round it is unblical. How daft where they to have have reason from a dogmatic point of view back then but the good thing is that most of the europeans have outgrown such believes but the black man is getting more infected with the religious virus.
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
I don't think NL love to criticize Pastor Chris or any other Pastor for that matter but things should be put in proper perspective.
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Gombs(m): 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2011
free123:

@Gombs
do u preach repentance in cec at all? What is salvation to u? What is seeking first the kingdom of God and its righteousness?
@all cec members
can anyone of u start a thread on the teachings of pastor chris on sin and its consequences, cos i have not heard this chris talk about sin for at most 2 minutes.
[s]Repentance which is the major thing has been relegated in this church, its prosperity, materialism all the way[/s]

Hebrews 6:1(niv) Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about christ and go on to maturity,not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,and of faith in God

hebrews 6:1(amp) therefore let us go on and get past the elementary stage in the teaching {and} doctrine of christ(the messiah) advancing steadily towards the completeness {and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. . .
Try go n read the 2nd verse

now the last time i checked,pastor chris didnt write the book of hebrews. . .if he always teaches salvation and the punishment of sin every time(as you'd like it),you would still complain that he scares people with the teachings of hell.and that all he knows is judgement,hell,punishment,etc .i want you to understand something, you cant benefit from all he is teaching if at first you are not born again,thats y Jesus said, "seek ye first the kingdom of God,and his righteousness" notice it didnt say "its righteousness".so,pastor chris knows the scriptures more,as you dont seem to know anything of it.thats why when you get to a believing church,the first you are asked is "are you born again?". . .Because the glorious life christ gave us would mean nothing to you if you are not born again.so you shouldnt expect him to come and start preaching the elementary things of christ doctrine just to make you happy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by free123: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Gombs
I suppose u are mature in ur supposed word of God when u were quick to conclude that men here are evil because they pointed out those worldly activities of ur supposed mog.
What will a salvation seeker get from this dominating prosperity and materialistic attitude of urs for the first time since u no longer consider ur supposed elementary word of God?
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by mabell: 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2011
otokx:

I don't think NL love to criticize Pastor Chris or any other Pastor for that matter but things should be put in proper perspective.
And whose place is it to put things in place, is that person on Nairaland and who gave him that position?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by Gombs(m): 2:56pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ free123. . .From your post,i can see that you dont have anything to write,why dont you get your bible,and start studying,i would strongly recommend you to start from the epistles,and pls do understand it very good.and i know God will help you if you earnestly seek him jeremiah 29:13. . .once you understand the scriptures,when you hear a man of God,you'd surely know. Please dont forget to spread the news and scriptures you've seen here,just as you did spread the wrong news before. . .thanks,at least,thats the least you should do.:-)
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by regged4u: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2011
All those that talk bad against Pastor Chris here don’t really know what they want, they are all confuse and don’t know what to do in dealing with their envy and grudge they have towards Pastor Chris.

The Man is a Man of God……  if dis pain you, then go die!
When God called Pastor Chris, none of you were there, when he was preaching in villages and colliding with lecturers in schools because he was preaching the word of God none of you were there, when he was facing challenges as a small congregation, none of you were there.

Now, he is doing well as a Man of God, you all want to talk.

You guys should continue talking because the more you talk, the more God is increasing him…. HnnnnnTour oh!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by free123: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Gombs
i will only tell u to turn away from ur worldly activities and stop worshiping a man like u. Get a Bible and pray 4 Holy Ghost's interpretation. Stop following man made teachings that will lead u astray
Re: Why Do People In Nl Love To Critisize Pastor Chris Onyhakilome by noetic16(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Noetic
That's an incomplete report.it was seat reservation for a reason to cut down numbers. We agree there could have been a better way. But It wasn't imposed . There were four other auditoria that requires no reservation ticket. It's was a choice . Besides it's the organizing committee that did this. The man of God was praying for the year.  

ur explanation is simply ridiculous. oyaks could not have been ignorant of the charges, I am familiar with the structural set up of CE and so I know what I am talking about. Since u agree that there was other means to solve the "problem" other than charging fees . . . .is it then out of place to conclude that oyaks worships money and greed. . . . that explains why money is for him the solution to everything, including the sale of the gospel.

I work miracles, or rather miracles are been wrought through me and many other people I know. Why should miracles be a big deal to you.those who lack the supernatural in their lives criticises miracles .  It's supposed to be our life as Christian to work miracles.If you ever work a miracle, you will never criticise miracles again.

Mark 9:39
. . .  for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me

will u shut up for once? there is a huge difference between criticizing miracles and discerning miracles. there have been substantiated reports of the stage managed falsehood of oyaks "miracles" which cannot be denied. and where in the scriptures did Jesus ask anyone to pay (sow a seed) for a miracle?

The gospel is about prosperity. Tithing and first fruit are not pastor Chris invention.

and where did he get this gospel from? Jesus? Paul? or Peter? which of the apostles taught about prosperity?

This is not strange , people in their ignorance call truth blasphemies.  Jesus and Paul were blasphemers to some ignorant people of their days.

really? so u agree with oyaks that you (joagbaje) is now the WORD of God and as such u dont need Jesus anymore? right?
the depth at which u go to subscribe to his blasphemous stupidity is annoying.
FYI:
1. Christ called himself GOD almighty who appeared to Moses in the burning bush. this is in fulfillment of written prophecies with regards to his origin. are u aware Isaiah foretold this?
2. No one accused Paul of blasphemy. Paul debated and argued using reasoning and scriptural references that the awaited messiah has come.

how exactly did u manage to put Paul, Jesus and oyaks in the same category?

I'm curious to have a proof of this. Can you prove it, quote the article where he said so or give a link. I'm sure you have none . Except gossip of poor men.

John 7:12
12 There was a lot of discussion about him among the crowds. Some said,"He's a wonderful man,"while others said,"No, he's duping the public
."

u are either blind to reality or completely dishonest. the news magazine published the case of N17m stolen from sheraton hotels for oyaks, that excludes the recently published one of a yahoo yahoo kingpin who defrauded others to propagate his demi-god called oyaks.

I worshipped with CEC whilst at ogbomoso some 8 years ago . . . .so I am very farmiliar with ur demonic doctrines where money is worshiped. I still have loads of friends at CEC.

Wearing of fine suit is worldly to you. So What's your idea of Christian fashion? Jesus wore the fashion of his day.he didn't dress like John the baptist in goat skin! 

you are right. . .but does is appearance not suggest that he is too carnally minded?

the question should have been , ARE YOU saved? Because you don't speak against christ if you are one of his.

I did not speak against Christ but against the FASLE prophet called oyaks. matt 10:28
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

oyaks is a criminal false prophet spoken of in matt 24. . . .decieving the flock and selling what he was supposed to have received freely.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"If You Believe The Earth Is 6000 Years Old Then You Deny Science" / Rccg 2019 Family Weekend Manual / Pastor Kumuyi Arriving Abuja For Crusade In Private Jet And Using Limo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.