Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen (48069 Views)

Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / Breaking News Madagascar Discovered Covic-19 Treatment / 5 Reasons Why Body Scrub Treatment Is A Number One Beauty Regimen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by GFELOG2018: 9:29pm On May 11, 2020
The COVID-19 Team Leader at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Dr. Yunusa Thairu, has given a rare insight into the treatment regimen for the COVID-19, explaining how a cocktail of an anti-retroviral drug, Aluvia, as well as Zinc and Vitamin C tablets are deployed.

Dr. Thairu disclosed this on Monday, while answering questions after the official opening of the 506-bed space COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Centre in Idu, Abuja.

According to him, the regimen was adopted at a meeting with the World Health Organisation, WHO, and the United Nations, UN, alongside with some other unnamed stakeholders.

The meeting, according to him, resolved to use Chloroquine or Aluvia which is a combination of antiviral therapy and other management techniques that can be used to make COVID-19 patients be good.

His words: “Lagos State started its protocol by using Aluvia with Vitamin C, Zinc and that was why we visited Lagos and then we saw the patients’ response.

“We found out that for us blacks, that a combination of Aluvia with Chloroquine will reduce the viral load.

“That is the protocol that we started at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital right from the beginning.

“The treatment is for us to use Zinc, to allow the Aluvia enter into the cells to kill the virus and also unite it by Vitamin C.

“All of us know the role that Vitamin C plays in terms of allowing new cells to perform, so that those destroyed by the virus can grow.

“So, this is the treatment protocol. The treatment is Aluvia with Zinc, Chloroquine at the beginning which will help us actually recover and that is the success story of what we have,” he added on the COVID-19 treatment regimen

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/abuja-doctor-explains-covid-19-treatment-regimen/

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by NwaNimo1(m): 9:29pm On May 11, 2020
WHO now in control......of chloroquine?

What about the natural tonic from madagascar

[img]https://media./images/c36805bcd0e12216568c07a986d5bcb8/tenor.gif[/img]

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by abobote: 9:41pm On May 11, 2020
keep them coming, next time include the dosage , so that we can take it from there. Chloroquine have been the real deal, but there are forces against it for reasons best known to them. Trump can't come on air and recommend the use of chloroquine, if he wasn't sure

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by baralatie(m): 9:47pm On May 11, 2020
Yes chloroquine works as per in conjunction with other drugs.

Oya it remains the other one from Madagascar

Go Naija

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by lmm4real: 9:52pm On May 11, 2020
undecided
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by overseer1(m): 9:52pm On May 11, 2020
I'm already of tired of Covid this Covid that. Make them give people break abeg and allow us some rest.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Nazgul: 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
So can we confidently say that Nigeria has found a cure for covid 19 or is it the same gibberish all this people like prof iwu speak from time to time just to remain relevant?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by nurex01(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
Good. We're moving forward. Getting there gradually.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Goldencheese(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
Let all hands continue to be on deck until we subdue and exterminate this stubborn virus.

We shall overcome!

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Goldenheart(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
I like it. Tackling it guerilla style..enough talks, Let's put it to work grin cool

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by shamsin6300(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
We are winning this battle God willing.

32 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by funkenoredo: 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
we must win the fight against covic one nine nine

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Olarewaju89: 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
Everything will soon be over by God grace.

21 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Brunicekid(m): 9:53pm On May 11, 2020
Covid - 19 will be thrashed totally in our World in Jesus Name!!!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by rrer: 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
How you can easily be making atleast N3,000 ON DAILY BASIS LEGITIMATELY.
All payments goes directly into your local bank account. This is not a SCAM please.

For more details, check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by thedio(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Let's wait and see how my country pple will start hoarding chloroquine

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Abbeyme: 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Kk
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by sojayy(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Trump, don't mind naija government, concerning covid 1-9, they're all liers.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by JubrinElSudan: 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Where I wan see Aluvia with Zinc buy?

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by shakushakuist(f): 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Trust me, if Nigeria finds the cure for this notorious virus the rest of the world will not believe us ogrin they will think it's one of our formats for online 419 scam

grin

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by PureGoldh(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Adjusts my glasses make I understand the full article
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
Who else wants this lockdown to be lifted whether infection rates are dropping or not angry

14 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Ibime(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2020
I believe Chloroquine works only at early onset of symptoms and best used in combination with Zinc as it acts.as a Zinc ionofore
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by LOVEGINO(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2020
All dis story. Howfa d Abacha loot na?

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by DirtyGold: 9:56pm On May 11, 2020
Yet, people are still dying...

We are strong and shall survive!

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by StreetFight: 9:56pm On May 11, 2020
Do why are people still talking about getting a cure for COVID-19? The cure is already known, what is remaining is getting a Vaccine to prevent the virus from attacking the people in the first instance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by sanemind2(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by BrickDevo: 9:56pm On May 11, 2020
Eeh!
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by GamalNasser: 9:56pm On May 11, 2020
Chloroquine alone is what is working so stop deceiving us , Chloroquines antiviral and anticoagulant characteristics is a death blow to to the COVID Virus which does nothing but coagulate the human blood so much the blood can't pick up or transport oxygen . At this point there is no COVID patient I cannot recover I swear

7 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by mauchiz: 9:56pm On May 11, 2020
You people should bring covid organics from Madagascar, is for Africans,it can serve as a vaccine, youths and people that don't have underlying sickness can take it.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30-yr-old Woman Gives Birth After 6-yr ‘pregnancy’ (pic) / Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes / My Coronavirus Panic Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.