Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,742 members, 7,851,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen (48096 Views)

Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / Breaking News Madagascar Discovered Covic-19 Treatment / 5 Reasons Why Body Scrub Treatment Is A Number One Beauty Regimen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Alwaysachick: 10:18pm On May 11, 2020
Biko eh can someone take of a picture of those Chinese doctors in the isolation centers or hospitals, there is something I want to confirm undecided
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Benwallt(m): 10:20pm On May 11, 2020
Nazgul:
So can we confidently say that Nigeria has found a cure for covid 19 or is it the same gibberish all this people like prof iwu speak from time to time just to remain relevant?
always relevant at wrong places. Nobody will hold his words with a pin. He spearheaded the worst elections in the his of Nigeria. If his solution is considered, it will be an outright rape on our organs
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by duality(m): 10:20pm On May 11, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Indians control chloroquine, they produce almost all chloroquine the world consume.

Both the ones in Nigeria?
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by apexc1689: 10:22pm On May 11, 2020
[color=#] 3727576[/color]
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by blowjohn(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2020
Where are those bastards that were insulting Donald Trump for saying chloroquine works?
Thunder fire all of una.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by panpan(m): 10:27pm On May 11, 2020
GFELOG2018:
The COVID-19 Team Leader at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Dr. Yunusa Thairu, has given a rare insight into the treatment regimen for the COVID-19, explaining how a cocktail of an anti-retroviral drug, Aluvia, as well as Zinc and Vitamin C tablets are deployed.
According to him, the regimen was adopted at a meeting with the World Health Organisation, WHO, and the United Nations, UN, alongside with some other unnamed stakeholders.

Is it only when branded drugs are involved (in this case 'Aluvia') that WHO shows interest?
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by SirWarlock: 10:31pm On May 11, 2020
Nazgul:
So can we confidently say that Nigeria has found a cure for covid 19 or is it the same gibberish all this people like prof iwu speak from time to time just to remain relevant?
Uhh other countries are treating patients too
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by apexc4367: 10:34pm On May 11, 2020
[color=#] 1384132[/color]
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by WaffenSS(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2020
This doctor should be fired.

Aluvia or any other HIV drug does not kill any virus, not HIV nor coronavirus. HIV drugs contain the virus, they don't kill it. That's why patients can still infect others. Also there's absolutely no drug now that kills the 2019 coronavirus.

Also the claim that the treatment was agreed with the WHO and the UN is false.

One, the WHO is the UN body for global health matters, so one can't meet with both on health issues as that's redundant and a waste of time and resources.

Two, the WHO has not approved any drug, including chloroquine, to treat Covid-19. The WHO has even actively discouraged the use of chloroquine because it has no effect on Covid-19 and has dangerous side effects.

For Covid-19, vitamin c does not create new cells damaged by the virus, it assists in the absorption of iron, which helps the blood transport oxygen in a body starved of 02.

This people will just say anything even when they've no clue what to do, and are simply trying everything.

That's how the health minister claimed they used remdesivir, when that treatment is barely available even for the US, with a total supply right now of only about 200,000 doses.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by SirWarlock: 10:37pm On May 11, 2020
Investnow2017:
By this date next month June, the report from NCDC will be "Fellow Nigerians, today, we have discharged and sent home the last COVID-19 patients in all the isolation centres in Nigeria. Thank you all for cooperating with us in our assignment. Continue to Stay Safe."

May we live to hear that announcement.
What a dream cheesy. We do hope the virus is curbed sooner than later wink
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Goldencheese(m): 10:38pm On May 11, 2020
Thank God for your life and for the restoration of your health.

Stay safe.

frankson1:

It’s not a death sentence as long as there is no underlying issues.

When I had malaria symptoms I treated for both malaria and typhoid but I lost my sense of smell during this period. I had very severe cold and it was like my bones were lit on fire. I spoke with two of my Doctors and they both suspected the virus.

I just had to be positive and prayed while taking immune booster pills with enough water and rest.

I'm doing perfectly well now.
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Israeljones(m): 10:45pm On May 11, 2020
WaffenSS:

Aluvia or any other HIV drug does not kill any virus, not HIV nor coronavirus. HIV drugs contain the virus, they don't kill it. That's why patients can still infect others. Also there's absolutely no drug now that kills the 2019 coronavirus.

One, the WHO is the UN body for global health matters, so one can't meet with both on health issues as that's redundant and a waste of time and resources.

Two, the WHO has not approved any drug, including chloroquine, to treat Covid-19. The WHO has even actively discouraged the use of chloroquine because it has no effect on Covid-19 and has dangerous side effects.

For Covid-19, vitamin c does not create new cells damaged by the virus, it assists in the absorption of iron, which helps the blood transport oxygen in a body starved of 02.

This people will just say anything even when they've no clue what to do, and are simply trying everything.

That's how the health minister claimed they used remdesivir, when that treatment is barely available even for the US, with a total supply right now of only about 200,000 doses.
Bros You talk well...
Since you have all this info with you and also proving to be vast in health matters... why not just profer a solution than just criticizing those we know, for the records we dont even know you.....
Even a Russian doctor has come out once to preach almost the same combination...

And na una kind go sick finish dey go find choloroquine upandan 4 market but go come online to yarn dust........

Pls lets enjoy this peaceful news atleast for now its bin while thanks

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by adomuwiner(m): 10:45pm On May 11, 2020
It is very sad that FG refused to pay the April salary of the non academic staff who are not on industrial strike but instead pay the academic staff who are on industrial strike.It is a crime to be an obedient servant in this country.This is the third week of May, we are still expecting April salary which other people have gotten and expecting May salary

This Government has no human face
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by SirWarlock: 10:47pm On May 11, 2020
WaffenSS:

Yeah some things in this reports were weird. I mean aren't virus hard to treat due to them hijacking body cells therefore causing self harm?
Also the part about WHO cheesy. Also the chloroquine part: is Lagos using it or not? If yes then what's the news about starting trials soon
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Pappyjulie196(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2020
Bauch state governor have already recommended chloroquine for covid19 treatment dued to his experience when tested positive.
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by WaffenSS(m): 10:56pm On May 11, 2020
SirWarlock:
Yeah some things in this reports were weird. I mean aren't virus hard to treat due to them hijacking body cells therefore causing self harm?
Also the part about WHO cheesy. Also the chloroquine part: is Lagos using it or not? If yes then what's the news about starting trials soon

I believe Lagos, perhaps a number of states as well, are using chloroquine, even if without official approval by NAFDAC. I guess they're throwing everything including the kitchen sink to see what sticks.

But largely the people who get better will do so anyway. Like i said several times before, people who die from Covid-19 are killed by their own bodies and not directly by the virus. Once we figure out, that's a major step to defeating its mortality.
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Karanka: 10:56pm On May 11, 2020
Hello friends, kindly help me and fill out this form.
It is a knowledge and compliance form on COVID-19.
It is for research purposes.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oR4HxCx3MUNu5kxzpGB7EUNMc7o_GfRBocNq_uTU0dU/viewform?edit_requested=true
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by husmernsheriff: 10:56pm On May 11, 2020
Factt

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by WaffenSS(m): 11:03pm On May 11, 2020
Israeljones:

Bros You talk well...
Since you have all this info with you and also proving to be vast in health matters... why not just profer a solution than just criticizing those we know, for the records we dont even know you.....
Even a Russian doctor has come out once to preach almost the same combination...

And na una kind go sick finish dey go find choloroquine upandan 4 market but go come online to yarn dust........

Pls lets enjoy this peaceful news atleast for now its bin while thanks

You don't seem to understand the significance of medical personnel being untruthful, and that sort of complacence is why we'll never progress as a race.

If you don't question everything, you'll never know and get better; you don't hold authorities to the basic standards of honesty, especially one where they're sworn to a creed, you'll endanger everyone and everything you know.

Yes there's some anecdotal evidence some antivirals seem to have a retardant effect on the coronavirus, but in the absence of any large scale clinical study no one can say with certainty.

There's absolutely no proof chloroquine works, and there's proof it doesn't work and also has serious side effects. It's not approved by any reputable health body.

Vitamin Cs role is actually not as the doctor said it. So that's dishonest.

The only drug with proven efficacy is Gilead's Remdesivir, and even that only shortens recovery time by about 3 days or so. It won't do anything for the critically ill.

You need to remember that it's still early days and a lot about the virus is just being learned (hence the 'novel' tag), bit it doesn't give room to play with people's health by dishing out wrong info.

If you'd rather have your ray of sunshine with a spot of lies, mistruths, half-truths, and large helpings of misleading information, then please be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:05pm On May 11, 2020
All roads should lead to Madagascar. What of Prof Maurice Iwu's cure?
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Ibime(m): 11:07pm On May 11, 2020
cassbeat:
I Thought they said they use Remdeseverir

Remdesevir wey be $1,000 per dose. . . . not for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by JubrinElSudan: 11:09pm On May 11, 2020
Samade7:

How many trucks do u want?
1 truck, i dey PH grin
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Nine2Five: 11:10pm On May 11, 2020
Looking for job in Oil and gas, Telecomm, Construction, Engineering etc or desirous to up your skill, you need to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPpPkeoF_5w
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by WaffenSS(m): 11:12pm On May 11, 2020
cassbeat:
I Thought they said they use Remdeseverir

More lies from them.

The US has not shipped Remdesivir yet since the pandemic started, they barely have enough for one-sixth of their active cases.

Unless they ramp up production or allow generics, you can bet they won't start shipping to other countries unless they take care of their own needs first.
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Samade7: 11:12pm On May 11, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
1 truck, i dey PH grin

Port na no going area o n I wish to dash u free of charge.
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Centcanada: 11:14pm On May 11, 2020
You mentioned WHO on this? I do not trust you guys anymore. Anything that concern WHO and China or what have you is suspicious.
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Israeljones(m): 11:15pm On May 11, 2020
WaffenSS:

You don't seem to understand the significance of medical personnel being untruthful, and that sort of complacence is why we'll never progress as a race.

If you don't question everything, you'll never know and get better; you don't hold authorities to the basic standards of honesty, especially one where they're sworn to a creed, you'll endanger everyone and everything you know.

Yes there's some anecdotal evidence some antivirals seem to have a retardant effect on the coronavirus, but in the absence of any large scale clinical study no one can say with certainty.

There's absolutely no proof chloroquine works, and there's proof it doesn't work and also has serious side effects. It's not approved by any reputable health body.

Vitamin Cs role is actually not as the doctor said it. So that's dishonest.

The only drug with proven efficacy is Gilead's Remdesivir, and even that only shortens recovery time by about 3 days or so. It won't do anything for the critically ill.

You need to remember that it's still early days and a lot about the virus is just being learned (hence the 'novel' tag), bit it doesn't give room to play with people's health by dishing out wrong info.

If you'd rather have your ray of sunshine with a spot of lies, mistruths, half-truths, and large helpings of misleading information, then please be my guest.
Bros One question pls...
Are you a Doctor? if you are not,
Are you a certified Doctor? if you arent,
Then you must be some kinda Scientist...
If you aren't one of those mentioned above..
Bros you sef go sabi sey me sef dey try for English

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by kayrichy: 11:31pm On May 11, 2020
I have said this several times
CHLOROQUINE CAN NOT BE RULED OUT
Re: Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen by Realbenji29(m): 11:35pm On May 11, 2020
You don't have to wear junk all over your face as facemasks get something more professional and classy
Follow link to get it
https://amzn.to/35PVFXL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Italian Town Buries Patients Every 30 Minutes / Snake Hunter Bitten By Tiger Snake Is Facing Multiple Organ Failure in Australia / My Coronavirus Panic Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.