Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors (4508 Views)

Tecno Spark 3 Pro And Tecno Pouvoir 3 Are Almost Here / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by beejayvince(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2020
Rumors of Apple’s iPhone 12 series have been making the rounds a lot lately. One of the most recent reports has it that the lower models of the iPhone 12 series will use sub-6GHz 5G to make them cheaper. New reports have now surfaced, claiming that the higher models of the series will sport 10-bit Super Retina XDR screens.

This new report was shared by PhoneArena. In addition to the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max supporting the 10-bit Super Retina XDR screen, we now also know that they will have a base memory variant of 6GB + 128GB.

Talking about the screen, this appears to be the biggest upgrade that we will see in the series. What the report simply means is that the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max screens will be able to display more than 1 billion colors. In relation, the iPhone 11 Pro’s 8-bit panel only supports 16.7 million colors.

Meanwhile, one of the main features of the iPhone 12 is the A14 Bionic processor. This chip has 15 billion transistors, way more than the A13’s 8.5 billion transistors. The iPhone 12 series is expected to launch in September. We should get more information about the device in the coming weeks and months.

https://www.smartphonecamp.com/iphone-12-pro-and-iphone-12-pro-max-will-sport-10-bit-super-retina-xdr-screen-can-display-1-billion-colors/

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2020
Other Android phones can already do that
Apple are late this time

5 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by beejayvince(m): 1:40pm On May 12, 2020
taiwosamwell:
Apple are late this time

I don't know about this but Apple is always late if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2020
beejayvince:

Yh
Fast Charging also
Glide typing and many more

1 Like

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by Collinz2(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2020
taiwosamwell:

Yh
Fast Charging also
Glide typing and many more
AND THEY WILL ACT AS IF THEY ARE THE FIRST TO BRING SUCH FEATURES

12 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2020
Collinz2:
Swrs, It's very annoying

1 Like

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by falcon01: 6:09pm On May 12, 2020
beejayvince:

seriously and they tend to introduce it as if they just made a ground breaking discovery
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by Snow10: 6:23pm On May 12, 2020
Buh talking of apple. Apple are late at upgrading. Buh for the fingerprint they came first...

1 Like

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by fiercehillz(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2020
They are still producing flagship devices with notch display in 2020...make dem fear God small na.

Well...na so BlackBerry think say dem go hold ground forever...
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by jericco1(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2020
undecided
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by thesicilian: 8:22pm On May 12, 2020
How many of that billion colors can you see? We should stop wasting money on these emotional advertising from tech companies.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 8:45pm On May 12, 2020
Discombulator:

It's because people are gullible and only moved by what they hears, there is no way a human eye can see half of that,normally you might not even notice the difference between 1080p and 1440p.
They said the processor is going to be the fastest in the world but the most demanding apps on mobile are still the likes of Instagram and co that an iphone 6 or s4 can run without breaking a sweat.
You'll notice the difference in 1080p and 1440p by zooming in on the video. I normally do that when watching some movies to get details.

7 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by KrazyDave16(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2020
taiwosamwell:
Apple are late this time

They'll give it a ridiculous name and all Apple fanatics will start behaving like Tecno marketers

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by khingTony(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2020
Collinz2:
grin
what apple does is that, they will change the name of the feature to a very sexy name.

7 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by thesicilian: 9:15pm On May 12, 2020
Discombulator:

It's because people are gullible and only moved by what they hears, there is no way a human eye can see half of that,normally you might not even notice the difference between 1080p and 1440p.
They said the processor is going to be the fastest in the world but the most demanding apps on mobile are still the likes of Instagram and co that an iphone 6 or s4 can run without breaking a sweat.
That's the simple truth. I just don't get what the hype is all about.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by thesicilian: 9:19pm On May 12, 2020
taiwosamwell:

You'll notice the difference in 1080p and 1440p by zooming in on the video. I normally do that when watching some movies to get details.
Details like what? Earrings, eye color or neck tattoos? Are those 'details' worth the extra thousands of naira being paid for the so called upgrade? Lol. Just my naive thinking sha.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by Collinz2(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2020
khingTony:

grin
what apple does is that, they will change the name of the feature to a very sexy name.
LOL

I dont just know why i hate their products from their phone to watch down to computer and whatever i just hate em.

The annoying part is their fanboys bunch of igorant idiots acting as if they know it all. The other day one is telling me you cant hack iphone, inside my mind i was like see this big fool.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by Collinz2(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2020
Snow10:
Buh talking of apple. Apple are late at upgrading. Buh for the fingerprint they came first...
Hmmm
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by Collinz2(m): 9:29pm On May 12, 2020
fiercehillz:
They are still producing flagship devices with notch displays in 2020...make dem fear God small na.

Well...na so BlackBerry think say dem go hold ground forever...
I am still wondering why the stick to notch display when infinty display is there.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2020
Discombulator:

Only if you download your videos in 4k which is very unlikely and unnecessary, if you're watching a full HD video on both resolutions you won't see a single difference
Hope you're not mixing the screen resolution with the amount of colors it can display.
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2020
Discombulator:

He's even wrong, unless he downloads 4k movies which is highly unlikely,if he watches a full hd movie on both resolutions he won't see a single difference.
The amount of colors a screen can display is totally different from the screen resolution.
And about movies you need a 4K resolution screen to view a 4K movie if not it'll downscale to the resolution of the phone and some occasions will not play
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by fiercehillz(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2020
taiwosamwell:

How many people dey carry zoom movie before them watch am...what's the essence. I Remember when my guy buy one Samsung 4k curved smart tv for about 560k...baba nor gree let us hear word again...To our greatest surprise my normal HD smart TV (just 190k) wey nor curve get better display pass am... Baba come begin dey say make we go stream 4K movies for Netflix or play PS4 games to compare both TVs again...mtchheeew too many marketing gimmicks these days.

6 Likes

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2020
fiercehillz:

How many people dey carry zoom movie before them watch am...what's the essence. I Remember when my guy buy one Samsung 4k curved smart tv for about 560k...baba nor gree let us hear word again...To our greatest surprise my normal HD smart TV (just 190k) wey nor curve get better display pass am... Baba come begin dey say make we go stream 4K movies for Netflix or play PS4 games to compare both TVs again...mtchheeew too many marketing gimmicks these days.
Ok, Try a 4K video on his TV and yours you'll see the difference. His TV can view all resolution up to 4K but yours can only view up to 1080P(HD)
PS- the 1 billion color he said the iPhone 12 will be able to display has nothing to do with the resolution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 10:51pm On May 12, 2020
To everyone who tends to reply, the 1 billion colors that the OP said iPhone 12 will be able to view has nothing to do with the resolution cos I'm seeing a lot of people mixing it up with the resolution, op didn't post any info about the resolution.
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 11:51pm On May 12, 2020
Discombulator:

It does not matter, the amount of color depends on the screen resolution,that is what makes up the pixel,if you watch a 1080p video on 1440p screen you will see the exact number of pixel you see when you do the same on a native 1080p screen.i don't think you understand what I'm saying.
See it's normal, But then watch 1440p on 1080p screen and also watch it on 1440p screen, you'll see the difference
The screen can't increase the video resolution, it can only downscale
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by yuswrld20(m): 12:05am On May 13, 2020
Collinz2:
I am still wondering why the stick to notch display when infinty display is there.
or pop up camera gan
Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max can display 1 Billion Colors by taiwosamwell(m): 12:26am On May 13, 2020
yuswrld20:

or pop up camera gan
Maybe they want to launch under display camera First �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook Locked My Account For 30 Days Just For These Reason / Nokia S6v3 Themes / Help Can't Make Video Calls On Tecno P5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.