Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! (1281 Views)

Advise On Toyota Avalon 2006 / This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / Decision On Toyota Avalon 2002 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by iamademola(m): 11:19am On May 13, 2020
Hello Auto Guru in the house. ,

I have this 2004 Corolla , the issue is this . Early in the morning when ever I started this car to move Out in reverse out of my compound the engine suddenly goes off immidiately , I wan I’ll have to try again and again till I will get out.

It always happens when I engage the reverse gear , or after I released the break to press the accelerator.

This has been happening for few days now and it’s really giving me headache, and my landlord is already complaining I should be parking outside. And you know how corrolla are dangerous to parked outside.

Please help me auto gurus what could be wrong. What could cause the sudden engine OFF on engaging in reverse gear .

Thanks In anticipation.
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by Toyosienna: 2:34pm On May 13, 2020
iamademola:
Hello Auto Guru in the house. ,

I have this 2004 Corolla , the issue is this . Early in the morning when ever I started this car to move Out in reverse out of my compound the engine suddenly goes off immidiately , I wan I’ll have to try again and again till I will get out.

It always happens when I engage the reverse gear , or after I released the break to press the accelerator.

This has been happening for few days now and it’s really giving me headache, and my landlord is already complaining I should be parking outside. And you know how corrolla are dangerous to parked outside.

Please help me auto gurus what could be wrong. What could cause the sudden engine OFF on engaging in reverse gear .

Thanks In anticipation.

Check. 1 idle control valve 2 o2 sensor 3 check fuel injector maybe clogged. Bt the main is idle control valve Or. Go for scan
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by adabsmith(m): 3:38pm On May 13, 2020
Fuel pump

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by Toyosienna: 4:57pm On May 13, 2020
adabsmith:
Fuel pump

No. Fuel injectors ask your mech or better for quick solution scan the car then proceed from there but am sure the problem is from one of this most check the idle valve control and clean the injector and check vacuum leak aswel let you air filter be clean

1 Like

Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by iamademola(m): 5:36pm On May 13, 2020
Toyosienna:

Check. 1 idle control valve 2 o2 sensor 3 check fuel injector maybe clogged. Bt the main is idle control valve Or. Go for scan

Okay thanks boss ,I will check all you have mentioned
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by Toyosienna: 5:43pm On May 13, 2020
iamademola:

Okay thanks boss ,I will check all you have mentioned

You welcome
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by Promxy94(m): 3:36am On May 15, 2020
Toyosienna:

No. Fuel injectors ask your mech or better for quick solution scan the car then proceed from there but am sure the problem is from one of this most check the idle valve control and clean the injector and check vacuum leak aswel let you air filter be clean

What about car going off once in a while, when engaged in Drive, during release of leg from the brake.
But when you put in neutral or park and start again, and engage drive it works fine.
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by ivoryhouse(m): 4:22am On May 15, 2020
Promxy94:

What about car going off once in a while, when engaged in Drive, during release of leg from the brake.
But when you put in neutral or park and start again, and engage drive it works fine.
What car is it?
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by Promxy94(m): 4:25am On May 15, 2020
ivoryhouse:

What car is it?

Toyota camry 01
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On May 15, 2020
Pesin get moto, to park am outside nah helele.......

When you comot go shop nko, you dey fold am put for pocket........ grin
Re: Please Help With Reverse Issue On Toyota Corolla 2004 !!!!! by iamademola(m): 2:11pm On May 16, 2020
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=89565373]Pesin get moto, to park am outside nah helele.......

When you comot go shop nko, you dey fold am put for pocket........ grin

Funny u�

(1) (Reply)

12 Steps Involved In Clearing Cars At Tincan (PORT) - 2020 / Reg. Nissan Altima 1999/2000 Model - Leather Seat / Why The FRSC Speed Limiters Will Not Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.