Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? (1731 Views)

Common Grammatical Errors In Writing / Three Steps In Writing A Great Adventure Story / Four Things I Learnt From Boarding A Bus This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Alexaonfleek: 1:14pm On May 14, 2020
Good day all.
I've always wanted to go into writing,but I'm not sure of how to go about it.
I always have the fear that if I write something,it wouldn't even make much sense,and I must confess,this is one of the things that stop me from putting something down.
I enjoy reading novels a lot,and reading them makes me want to write mine too.
I also want to write articles too,and be a freelancer for the money in it.
Experienced writers out there,if you have any tips for newbies in writing please share.
Maybe a set of books I could read to improve my writing skills,or tips I need to know to help me.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Froshloaded: 1:48pm On May 14, 2020
grin
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Lorayne(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2020
Books, I have. Tips, I don't have.
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Zaelmo2020: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Alexaonfleek

So na she get the moniker grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Alexaonfleek: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Zaelmo2020:
Alexaonfleek

So na she get the moniker grin
yeah...
Everyone knows undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Zaelmo2020: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
yeah...
Everyone knows undecided
I no sabi oo
grin grin
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by DeejayTeeno(m): 2:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Makes two of us.. meanwhile, where are those writers and FreeLance guru.. please come and show us how it's done on upwOrk oooohhhh!

Make we earn money too!
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Egoat(m): 6:17am On Jun 05, 2020
Zaelmo2020:

I no sabi oo
grin grin
u want attention.
u shud try someone else.
if u aren't foolish or something u can't say u didn't know when all the pasts post in d diary section were for d two monikers. Congratulating her 4 her engagement.
u just want to be noticed, no one gives a shit about ur imature show of foolishness.
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Egoat(m): 6:17am On Jun 05, 2020
Cc
MZrapper
Kwamekofi
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by MZrapper(f): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2020
Egoat:

Cc
MZrapper
Kwamekofi
You, the attention seeking Zaelmo2020 or fooloaded need to grow up.
Being broke is y'all problems.
Don't mention me again.
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Egoat(m): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
MZrapper:

You, the attention seeking Zaelmo2020 or fooloaded need to grow up.
Being broke is y'all problems.
Don't mention me again.

Ejoor e ko. grin
Werey alaso.
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 14, 2020
In case you already have started writing or don't need this, just ignore!

Otherwise, just send a DM lemme help you out the best way I can

Cc: Alexaonfleek, DeejayTeeno

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by DeejayTeeno(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
Jezking:
In case you already have started writing or don't need this, just ignore!

Otherwise, just send a DM lemme help you out the best way I can

Cc: Alexaonfleek, DeejayTeeno

What's your WhatsApp number Sir?

+23409098092258.

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 07, 2020
DeejayTeeno:

What's your WhatsApp number Sir?

Just drop your mail instead.

Don't sir me ooh! Just call me my name grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by DeejayTeeno(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
Jezking:

Just drop your mail instead.

Don't sir me ooh! Just call me my name grin

DeejayTeeno@aol.com

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 14, 2020
Lorayne:
Books, I have. Tips, I don't have.

Can you share them books with me?

What method can you use in sharing the books easily?
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Good day all.
I've always wanted to go into writing,but I'm not sure of how to go about it.
I always have the fear that if I write something,it wouldn't even make much sense,and I must confess,this is one of the things that stop me from putting something down.
I enjoy reading novels a lot,and reading them makes me want to write mine too.
I also want to write articles too,and be a freelancer for the money in it.
Experienced writers out there,if you have any tips for newbies in writing please share.
Maybe a set of books I could read to improve my writing skills,or tips I need to know to help me.

You can check these out:-

[url=well-storied.com]Kristen Kieffer's Blog[/url]

[url=thewritepractice.com]The Write Practice[/url]

[url=masterclass.com]Masterclass[/url]

[url=reedsy.com]Reedsy Blog for Writers[/url]

[url=thewritelife.com]The Write Life[/url]

Writer's Digest

[url=nownovel.com]Nownovel[/url]

[url=storymastery.com]Story Mastery - Michael Hauge[/url]

[url=storygrid.com]The Story Grid[/url]

[url=jerryjenkins.com]Jerry Jenkins[/url]

[url=goinswriter]Jeff Goins[/url]

Helping Writers Become Authors - K. M. Weiland (she's got some great books as well on structuring and outlining novels!)

[url=writetodone.com]Write to Done[/url]

The Creative Penn

[url=positivewriter.com]Positive Writer[/url]

Resources for Writers by Penguin

There are numerous websites and writing communities and forums (on fantasy, young adult, realistic fiction, romance) - all with exhaustive information to guide you on becoming a better writer.

There's this website I came across sometime: it's like a thesaurus, but for the senses. You'll find a list of words describing taste, sound, feel... I can't remember the name anymore. It's on a tab I prolly left open on a phone that got spoilt.

And always have a dictionary, notepad, and a thesaurus close by. They are helpful. You can get the apps on your phone. This is only the *informal* help I can provide; I'm not a professional or anything, knowledgeable about copy writing, marketing and all. You can learn and perfect the skills, though, if you put your heart to it. And seek.

PS: You can also visit some screenwriting websites -- our tools and techniques overlap in some ways.

I hope you find these useful.

Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Alexaonfleek: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Magnoliaa:

You can check these out:-

[url=well-storied.com]Kristen Kieffer's Blog[/url]

[url=thewritepractice.com]The Write Practice[/url]

[url=masterclass.com]Masterclass[/url]

[url=reedsy.com]Reedsy Blog for Writers[/url]

[url=thewritelife.com]The Write Life[/url]

Writer's Digest

[url=nownovel.com]Nownovel[/url]

[url=storymastery.com]Story Mastery - Michael Hauge[/url]

[url=storygrid.com]The Story Grid[/url]

[url=jerryjenkins.com]Jerry Jenkins[/url]

[url=goinswriter]Jeff Goins[/url]

Helping Writers Become Authors - K. M. Weiland (she's got some great books as well on structuring and outlining novels!)

[url=writetodone.com]Write to Done[/url]

The Creative Penn

[url=positivewriter.com]Positive Writer[/url]

Resources for Writers by Penguin

There are numerous websites and writing communities and forums (on fantasy, young adult, realistic fiction, romance) - all with exhaustive information to guide you on becoming a better writer.

There's this website I came across sometime: it's like a thesaurus, but for the senses. You'll find a list of words describing taste, sound, feel... I can't remember the name anymore. It's on a tab I prolly left open on a phone that got spoilt.

And always have a dictionary, notepad, and a thesaurus close by. They are helpful. You can get the apps on your phone. This is only the *informal* help I can provide; I'm not a professional or anything, knowledgeable about copy writing, marketing and all. You can learn and perfect the skills, though, if you put your heart to it. And seek.

PS: You can also visit some screenwriting websites -- our tools and techniques overlap in some ways.

I hope you find these useful.

Cheers.
Thank you so much ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Thank you so much ma'am smiley

You're welcome and that address isn't really *necesstri* lol.
Re: What Are Things I Should Know As A Newbie In Writing? by vonhelldorf: 1:26am On Jul 10, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

11 Common Terms That Used To Be 'bad Grammar' / The Molue And The Miracle - A Short Story / Join Author's Support Group On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.