Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad (107313 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 15, 2020
Genset:

Am telling you women never forget the maltreatment. I spoke to an aunty of mine who still remembers the evil her husband did to her 23 years ago. Infact, she has told me this story more than 10 times already to show that it still hurts. She said she is just bidding her time to pay him back.
I wasn't a devil incarnate back in Naija abeg. I was just a normal young married professional who is not a perfect human being. She is not here to tell her own side of the story but there is a high probability that she has hurt me more overall if we were counting. Someone asked about my happiness earlier, but the truth is that I have never been happy since I married this lady. I have always slept with one eye open since day 1, cos I have never seen any hint of her love, loyalty or respect. It was merely a marriage of convenience and strategic planning. The only thing that have kept me going through the years and caused sentiments that led to bringing her abroad despite her toxic nature back in naija is my children, a decision I am now paying for dearly!

I am strongly looking into taking the red pill if I can successfully navigate this divorce/separation with minimal disruption to my life. I am one of the few guys I know who have never really felt that ''TRUE LOVE'' people talk about. Everyone I have ever dated including the one I married have always turned out to be using me as a part of their hustle.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2020
The only thing OP can do is to call cops or immigration officer on your wife. If she use 7-9mnth in ICE center her brain will settle. Note they won't deport her if u have a very extremely lawyer. Just that she will stay longer in immigration camp. Her gra gra will be reduce to 0,just try that and come give testimony
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by flyingdutchman(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2020
Martinez39s:
More men are beginning to wake up to what women really are and more are beginning to question marriage. Those who for whatever reason bring their wives/girlfriends abroad are in for rude awakening.
Oga, SOME women, not all. I've been living overseas with my wife for a very long time now, I no get wahala. We are even more in love. When I was sick, na she dey work dey feed family and kids. Tenkiu.

7 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 15, 2020
flyingdutchman:

Oga, SOME women, not all. I've been living overseas with my wife for a very long time now, I no get wahala. We are even more in love. When I was sick, na she dey work dey feed family and kids. Tenkiu.
You're lucky to be with a reasonable woman Sir. Please continue to treat her like a queen that she is.

16 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by flyingdutchman(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2020
LinLinGentle:
You're lucky to be with a reasonable woman Sir. Please continue to treat her like a queen that she is.
It is a blessing from God. I would strongly advise. If I were in your shoes, I would pretend that all is well. As soon as Coro is over or even if there is evacuation, travel to Nigeria with the family for visit or even a fake occasion. Leave quietly with your children but take her passport. I have a coworker here who lost his job cos of his african wife. It is not worth it.

You can never win her abroad. And she will not change. I know her type (no disrespect intended).

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Eberechiru: 1:24pm On May 15, 2020
Am sure you must have done something really bad to her eg telling her to be forever grateful to you for changing her life and need some sought of wordship from her, you probably don’t even send enough up keep money back when she was in Nigeria and I can say for a fact you just have hit her back when your in Nigeria... women are beautiful creatures so ask yourself why everyone is on her side and telling her to show you say una no deh Nigeria again....

I honestly don’t feel sorry for you you made her into the monster she became...
And for coming here your one of those that’ll forever rant about how you picked her up from the gutter and did this and that and all....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 1:30pm On May 15, 2020
Eberechiru:
Am sure you must have done something really bad to her eg telling her to be forever grateful to you for changing her life and need some sought of wordship from her, you probably don’t even send enough up keep money back when she was in Nigeria and I can say for a fact you just have hit her back when your in Nigeria... women are beautiful creatures so ask yourself why everyone is on her side and telling her to show you say una no deh Nigeria again....

And for coming here your one of those that’ll forever rant about how you picked her up from the gutter and did this and that and all....
Another foolish talk

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 15, 2020
Eberechiru:

I don't need you to feel sorry for me as the main purpose of the thread is to vent publicly while maintaining my privacy. Please read the thread carefully again and find where I said we're both young middle class professionals back in Naija and even while I was here alone, she was working in Naija. No one brought anyone from the gutters madam. Also, the only people cheering her on are her family and some "friends" of questionable character pushing her to her doom.

From your tone, you seem to be misdirecting some form of inbuilt aggression to men wrongly at me. You believe that all women are beautiful creatures and angels and only men are to blame when a marriage breaks down. That is your opinion and it is noted and highly respected.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2020
The only way u can teach her a lesson she will never forget his, if she is physically assaulting you. Call the cops on her they will areest your wife in a minute transfer her case to ICE. Just have a good lawyer if your wife spend 7-9mnth in immigration camp her head go correct.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Wendysoft1234: 1:41pm On May 15, 2020
Sankabson:
Oh Wow! Then this is the best time to move close to GOD. He's the only one that save and bring peace to your home. Naija! Is not smiling now O.
that is not home no more he just needs to run far away form her that is all or else it over for him
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2020
Or if u can give her space
Run away with the kids. She will have sense
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by aameyah(f): 2:55pm On May 15, 2020
It is better you guys separate. She is very vindictive and is paying you back for all you did to her back in Naija.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 15, 2020
aameyah:
It is better you guys separate. She is very vindictive and is paying you back for all you did to her back in Naija.
I did not state anywhere in my post that my wife was an angel in Nigeria and has never hurt me, so I'm not really sure what the payback is all about. What she doesn't know is that she is going to spoil her own chances and also our children's once my job comes crashing. She has not started her career yet and can not support herself talk less of a family. Her advisors are pushing her to go on, reassuring her that she would get a visa as a victim of domestic violence and would not need me for anything. They have encouraged her to carry on to ruin my life. They tell her that she would be entitled to government benefits to cover her living expenses and to care for children. Unfortunately, according to the laws here, she is not even qualified for such a visa or benefits even if there was a real domestic violence. I have told her this so many times but she is bent on taking her chances to destroy everything first before she finds out the hard way.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by STENON(f): 3:06pm On May 15, 2020
LinLinGentle:
I did not state anywhere in my post that my wife was an angel in Nigeria and has never hurt me, so I'm not really sure what the payback is all about. What she doesn't know is that she is going to spoil her own chances and also our children's once my job comes crashing. She has not started her career yet and can not support herself talk less of a family. Her advisors are pushing her to go on, reassuring her that she would get a visa as a victim of domestic violence and would not need me for anything. They have reassured her that she would also get some government benefits so she should ensure she ruins my career. Unfortunately, according to the laws here, she is not qualified for such visa or benefits even if there was a real domestic violence. I have told her this so many times but she is bent on taking her chances to destroy everything first before she finds out.
what country are you in?
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Savagethe21st(m): 3:58pm On May 15, 2020
KristaPretty:
Ensure that she does not remain there when her visa expires. Since you do not have your pali yet according to you, I am guessing she did not come with an immigration visa.

Best thing to do is to allow her go back without staying there permanently, she will divorce and ruin your career. Tho you had your issues, since you have decided to make life better she should have been calm and forgiving.
Let her go back to Nigeria and do not make attempt to make her relocate permanently. Ensure you send money for them when they are back to Nigeria and visit too.
I had a neighbour whose career ended up being ruined by his wife this exact way, he ended up coming back and sells hand bags at a popular bustop. Too bad.
what is pali

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 15, 2020
Savagethe21st:
what is pali
Foreign passport

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Jaspaman: 4:05pm On May 15, 2020
Aliii:
I am already angry for latter weh nor be my own..bro seriously she's your end,you better leave now ,go to somewhere where she can't see you again ..then she knows what abroad is all about ,I hate Nigerian women they are a mess of themselves when they get abroad.

This is the best idea.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by ProtectMyMoney: 4:22pm On May 15, 2020
LinLinGentle:
I
From your tone, you seem to be misdirecting opinion and it is noted and highly respected.

Linlingentle

If you are pure,

Go to the immigration office and tell them all you are experiencing ..that is still where you have power for now.

Lest you lose your house and you become homeless on the street.[

Your case is not new. It happened to an uncle who brought his children and toxic wife from Nigeria despite the fact that they been having not too pleasant marriage in Nigeria.

To cut a long story short, the wife chased him out of the house he had bought for many years and restricted him. The man is now in Nigeria, old and dejected.

A stitch in time saves nine.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Linlingentle

If you are pure,

Go to the immigration office and tell them all you are experiencing ..that is still where you have power for now.

Lest you lose your house and you become homeless on the street.
He is illegal they will detain his ass. Leat he could do call the cops on his wife for assault. The cops will transfer her case to ICE
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by dunk2011: 5:21pm On May 15, 2020
So what is your point or advise you expecting? You are the problem and I do believe both of you need to see a relationship counselor....

You cant expect to treat her like trash in Nigeria and thinking bringing her overseas will be better ... she is human and does have feelings... remember when a woman is done ..they are done period!!!

You need to get off social media and work on your relationship..and if it doesn't work out ..get a divorce and move on...no woman is a slave that u can treat anyhow and expect her to be holy..

LinLinGentle:
Disclaimer: I'M NOT HERE TO TELL YOU THAT I AM A SAINT AND MY WIFE IS THE DEVIL. I HAVE UNFORTUNATELY JUST BEEN UNFORTUNATE TO BECOME A VICTIM OF MATRIARCHY WHICH MANY WOMEN TEND TO PRACTICE WHEN THEY MOVE ABROAD...

I have been hustling abroad for a few years while wifey was working in Nigeria and living with children. Marriage has always been turbulent and we even almost got divorced after I travelled out. We somehow worked on our issues with the help of pastors, family and friends, and after a few years of ''roughing'' it abroad to pave way for them, I succeeded and they finally arrived a few months ago.

I used to be hot tempered, but I have had enough time to gain insight into my inadequacies and reflect on them. I am now significantly calmer due to the determination to make my marriage better and as per ''abroad levels''. My wife on the other hand is fully taking advantage of me and the environment we find ourselves in. First thing she did on getting here was to cut of my entire family. She said she doesn't want to have anything to do with any of them anymore. She has also not been too keen to kickstart her career, as all she does is endless picture taking and editing for social media hyping. I know this might be due to the initial ''euphoria'' phase cos she is coming abroad to a big house, big car and having no limits on most things we used to manage back in Nigeria, and she thinks things are bread and butter. You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media!

She has become even more toxic person than she ever was in Naija. Now very bossy, never backs down, always the attacker, ever ready for a fight, lazier, always on social media, communicates with me as little as possible, embarrasses me in the neighbourhood with the constant noises from our house, and finally her threats have now tripled! Madam is now so fierce that I have become the house chicken. Just within a few months of being here o! She tells me that she will show me for all the ''gra gra'' I used to do back in Nigeria. Friends advised me against bringing this woman here but I no wan hear word as per responsible family man wey I dey claim to be.

The popular threat is usually ''I will end your career''. I wasn't taking this too seriously initially, but she then started following through with the threats by constant calls to the police and other services, making spooky and baseless career ending accusations and allegations against me.

I have never been the one to first lay my hands on her, but I have spilled drinks on her before when she attacked me. My wife now gets very physical without having any element of self control, fear or restraint after the simplest argument and sometimes, she damages things out of anger. She does this so often and never hesitates to dare me to do my worst.

I discovered that she has signed up on dating sites and when I even caught her chatting about sex to a particular guy in our area, she said that it was all my fault. She did not apologise for this. She even referred to it one time after an argument that if I am convulsing like this over just a sex chat, she's waiting to see what I'd do when I see a man on top of her.

My productivity at work has declined significantly and I am now on the verge of depression. Neighbours called the police on us one time after a lot of noise from out house. She accused me of domestic violence. The police had to separate us and I was stuck at home for an extended period and could not go to work due to this. I am now being investigated for domestic violence, which is a serious crime as madam wants it and I have had to report the situation to my company! The whole thing is so messy that I am scared that I have not seen the worst yet.

I am so afraid of losing it all and returning to Nigeria broke cos I spent my last card and even racked credit card debt to bring them here hoping to pay off gradually. I still have a few years to get my Pali and if I lose my job now, that is the end for all of us!

For now, I don't know what is going to happen to us, as this woman is so determined to cause great and irreparable damage that could ruin our lives, just to get back at me and she is being cheered on by her family and friends.

OUR SITUATION IS SO MESSED UP!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 15, 2020
Spanishmilf:
He is illegal they will detain his ass. Leat he could do call the cops on his wife for assault. The cops will transfer her case to ICE
I am 100% legal and working as a professional on a work visa. We are all legal Sir. I have not mentioned the country we're in for a reason, but thanks for your advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2020
LinLinGentle:
I am 100% legal and working as a professional on a work visa. We are all legal Sir
OH okay.
Invite her to naija then or make u shift small for her
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 15, 2020
You were there when I was treating her like trash? Na waa o...
dunk2011:
So what is your point or advise you expecting? You are the problem and I do believe both of you need to see a relationship counselor....

You cant expect to treat her like trash in Nigeria and thinking bringing her overseas will be better ... she is human and does have feelings... remember when a woman is done ..they are done period!!!

You need to get off social media and work on your relationship..and if it doesn't work out ..get a divorce and move on...no woman is a slave that u can treat anyhow and expect her to be holy..

3 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 15, 2020
Spanishmilf:
OH okay.
Invite her to naija then or make u shift small for her
Unfortunately, She is determined not to visit Naija for any reason until she gets her citizenship.
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by dunk2011: 5:54pm On May 15, 2020
I never said u treated her like trash..both of u need to see a counselor for the sake of the kids ..brother it's like an investment..sometimes you lose ...

Best advice is talk to her ..work things out..and have divorce as a last option...life is 2 short not to be happy ..best of luck.

quote author=LinLinGentle post=89583521]You were there when I was treating her like trash? Na waa o...[/quote]
Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 5:59pm On May 15, 2020
This one loud gan ooh
Op u never tell us country name shaa

1 Like

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by gentlemate00: 6:17pm On May 15, 2020
Bro your experience is not new but you should never have bring them abroad only visit. You have not get your citizenship so find a way to send her back, Well from look of thing she is already looking for someone with citizenship on dating site which mean she is not going back to Nigeria ooo. Install hidden camera its might come in handy one day since your woman is violent type.
Marriage is beautiful but not compulsory in these modern time.

LinLinGentle:
Disclaimer: I'M NOT HERE TO TELL YOU THAT I AM A SAINT AND MY WIFE IS THE DEVIL. I HAVE UNFORTUNATELY JUST BEEN UNFORTUNATE TO BECOME A VICTIM OF MATRIARCHY WHICH MANY WOMEN TEND TO PRACTICE WHEN THEY MOVE ABROAD...

I have been hustling abroad for a few years while wifey was working in Nigeria and living with children. Marriage has always been turbulent and we even almost got divorced after I travelled out. We somehow worked on our issues with the help of pastors, family and friends, and after a few years of ''roughing'' it abroad to pave way for them, I succeeded and they finally arrived a few months ago.

I used to be hot tempered, but I have had enough time to gain insight into my inadequacies and reflect on them. I am now significantly calmer due to the determination to make my marriage better and as per ''abroad levels''. My wife on the other hand is fully taking advantage of me and the environment we find ourselves in. First thing she did on getting here was to cut of my entire family. She said she doesn't want to have anything to do with any of them anymore. She has also not been too keen to kickstart her career, as all she does is endless picture taking and editing for social media hyping. I know this might be due to the initial ''euphoria'' phase cos she is coming abroad to a big house, big car and having no limits on most things we used to manage back in Nigeria, and she thinks things are bread and butter. You would never think for a second that she is a married woman if you check her profiles on social media!

She has become even more toxic person than she ever was in Naija. Now very bossy, never backs down, always the attacker, ever ready for a fight, lazier, always on social media, communicates with me as little as possible, embarrasses me in the neighbourhood with the constant noises from our house, and finally her threats have now tripled! Madam is now so fierce that I have become the house chicken. Just within a few months of being here o! She tells me that she will show me for all the ''gra gra'' I used to do back in Nigeria. Friends advised me against bringing this woman here but I no wan hear word as per responsible family man wey I dey claim to be.

The popular threat is usually ''I will end your career''. I wasn't taking this too seriously initially, but she then started following through with the threats by constant calls to the police and other services, making spooky and baseless career ending accusations and allegations against me.

I have never been the one to first lay my hands on her, but I have spilled drinks on her before when she attacked me. My wife now gets very physical without having any element of self control, fear or restraint after the simplest argument and sometimes, she damages things out of anger. She does this so often and never hesitates to dare me to do my worst.

I discovered that she has signed up on dating sites and when I even caught her chatting about sex to a particular guy in our area, she said that it was all my fault. She did not apologise for this. She even referred to it one time after an argument that if I am convulsing like this over just a sex chat, she's waiting to see what I'd do when I see a man on top of her.

My productivity at work has declined significantly and I am now on the verge of depression. Neighbours called the police on us one time after a lot of noise from out house. She accused me of domestic violence. The police had to separate us and I was stuck at home for an extended period and could not go to work due to this. I am now being investigated for domestic violence, which is a serious crime as madam wants it and I have had to report the situation to my company! The whole thing is so messy that I am scared that I have not seen the worst yet.

I am so afraid of losing it all and returning to Nigeria broke cos I spent my last card and even racked credit card debt to bring them here hoping to pay off gradually. I still have a few years to get my Pali and if I lose my job now, that is the end for all of us!

For now, I don't know what is going to happen to us, as this woman is so determined to cause great and irreparable damage that could ruin our lives, just to get back at me and she is being cheered on by her family and friends.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by gentlemate00: 6:23pm On May 15, 2020
But you NL account is 24hrs old grin grin grin grin grin grin

LinLinGentle:

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by wisdomiskey(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2020
Mindlog:
Newly registered username, another tale.

So every new account is a troll to you? Smh

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad by KristaPretty(f): 6:58pm On May 15, 2020
Savagethe21st:
what is pali
Permanent residence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36)

Conjoined Twins, Abby & Brittany Hensel Turned 21(story And Photos) / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.