Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? (12756 Views)

Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited / Is It Permissible For A Menstruating Woman To Hold A Mus'haf? / Prayer To Be Said On The Night Of Lailatul Qodri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Lukgaf(m): 5:22am On May 15, 2020
A woman who is menstruating may do all acts of worship apart from praying, fasting, circumambulating the Ka’bah and doing i’tikaaf in the mosque.

It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to stay up at night during the last ten nights of Ramadaan. Al-Bukhaari (2401) and Muslim (1174) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “When the last ten nights of Ramadaan came, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would refrain from marital relations, stay up at night and wake his family up.”
Staying up at night is not only for prayer, rather it includes all kinds of acts of worship. This is how the scholars interpreted it.

Al-Haafiz said: “Staying up at night” means staying up to do acts of worship.

Al-Nawawi said: spending the night staying up to pray etc.

He said in ‘Awn al-Ma’bood: i.e., in prayer, dhikr and reciting the Qur’aan.

Praying qiyaam is the best act of worship that a person can do on Laylat al-Qadr. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever spends the night of Laylat al-Qadr in prayer out of faith and in hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1901; Muslim, 760).

Because the woman who is menstruating is not allowed to pray, she can spend the night in doing other acts of worship apart from prayer, such as:

1-Reading or reciting Qur’aan. See question no. 2564.

2-Dhikr – such as saying Subhaan-Allaah, La ilaaha illa-Allaah, al-Hamdu Lillaah, etc. She can repeat the words “Subhaan-Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah, wa laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar (Glory be to Allaah, praise be to Allaah, there is no god but Allaah and Allaah is Most Great)” and “Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdihi, subhaan Allaah il-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to Allaah, glory be to Allaah the Almighty)” etc.

3-Istighfaar (praying for forgiveness), by repeating the phrase “Astaghfir-Allaah (I ask Allaah for forgiveness).”

4-Du’aa’ (supplication) – she can pray to Allaah and ask Him for what is good in this world and in the Hereafter, for du’aa’ is one of the best acts of worship. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Du’aa’ is ‘ibaadah (worship).” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2895; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2370).

The woman who is menstruating can do these acts of worship and others on Laylat al-Qadr.

We ask Allaah to help us to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah accept our righteous deeds.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/26753/what-can-a-woman-who-is-menstruating-do-on-laylat-al-qadr

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by KingRhodes1(m): 5:40am On May 15, 2020
May Allah(SWT) increase you in knowledge and understanding,and may HE let us witness the night of majesty.. Ameen

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Dobson43: 9:42am On May 15, 2020
It's what it is
Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Exc2000: 9:42am On May 15, 2020
masha allah

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by GrandMufti: 9:43am On May 15, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

Nothing created by Allah is unclean

4 Likes

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by yemzzy22(m): 9:44am On May 15, 2020
God is the greatest gift I have ever received in my life and forever be Amen

4 Likes

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Adamsonian1993(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2020
Jazakumulahu khairan ustaz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Stargurl20(f): 9:59am On May 15, 2020
MaShaa Allah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Balloa1(m): 10:16am On May 15, 2020
Baaraka Allah fiik, jazaakumullaahu khayran.

3 Likes

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by ThatFairGuy: 10:47am On May 15, 2020
Masha'Allah. Jazzakallahu khayran

2 Likes

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by chukkysnow: 10:47am On May 15, 2020
Dobson43:
It's what it is
hahahaha.my brother.iyam as confused as u oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Ajetech(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2020
alhahu akbar, may allah accept our fasting as an act of ibadah
Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Abusadiq01(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2020
JAZAKALLAHU KHARI
Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Myer(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2020
GrandMufti:
shocked shocked shocked

Nothing created by Allah is unclean

Lol not even allowed to pray?
Are they lepers now becaue of their God-given blessing as women?

4 Likes

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Dobson43: 11:49am On May 15, 2020
Myer:

That's what it is

1 Like

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by GrandMufti: 11:59am On May 15, 2020
Myer:

cry
Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Emmaomotob(m): 2:08pm On May 15, 2020
A god that is concerned about menstruation. I spit on him (it)!

5 Likes

Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by taibat61(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2020
[quote author=Wiljemz777 post=89570402][/quote]

@dominique...this person didn't do well for crossing his boundary.

U don't v the right to me to this topic to preach ur religion.
Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by fatymore(f): 3:25pm On May 15, 2020
I have been sleeping oooo
Re: Laylatul Qodri: What Can A Woman Menstruating Do? by Wiljemz777(m): 9:51pm On May 16, 2020
taibat61:

@dominique...this person didn't do well for crossing his boundary.

U don't v the right to me to this topic to preach ur religion.

The reality in the Hebrew 9:27 and Psalms 5:5 await everyone that fail to repent now.

(1) (Reply)

Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! / How Do You Cope With Polygamy? / 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.