Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited (25781 Views)

Ruling On Woman Refusing Sexual Intercourse With Her Husband / Prayer Before Halaal Sexual Intercourse / A Submissive Muslim Wife Suddenly Lost Interest In Sexual Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by akinsmail51: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2023
Imam Ahmad recorded that Anas said that the Jews used to avoid their menstruating women, they would not eat, or even mingle with them in the house.

The Companions of the Prophet asked about this matter and Allah revealed:

﴿ وَيَسۡـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلۡمَحِيضِ‌ۖ قُلۡ هُوَ أَذً۬ى فَٱعۡتَزِلُواْ ٱلنِّسَآءَ فِى ٱلۡمَحِيضِ‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡرَبُوهُنَّ حَتَّىٰ يَطۡهُرۡنَ‌ۖ ﴾

(They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: "That is an Adha, therefore, keep away from women during menses and go not in unto them till they are purified.)

Allah's Messenger said:

« اصْنَعُوا كُلَّ شَيْءٍ إِلَّا النِّكَاح »
(`Do everything you wish, except having sexual intercourse.)

When the Jews were told about the Prophet's statement, they said, "What is the matter with this man He would not hear of any of our practices, but would defy it.''

Then, Usayd bin Hudayr and `Abbad bin Bishr came and said, "O Messenger of Allah!

The Jews said this and that, should we have sex with our women (meaning, during the menstruation period)''

The face of Allah's Messenger changed color, until the Companions thought that he was angry with them.

They left. Soon after, some milk was brought to Allah's Messenger as a gift, and he sent some of it for them to drink.

They knew then that Allah's Messenger was not angry with them. Muslim also reported this Hadith.

Allah said:

﴿ فَٱعۡتَزِلُواْ ٱلنِّسَآءَ فِى ٱلۡمَحِيضِ‌ۖ ﴾
(. ..therefore, keep away from women during menses.) meaning, avoid the sexual organ.

The Prophet said:

« اصْنَعُوا كُلَّ شَيْءٍ إِلَّا النِّكَاح »
(Do anything you wish except having sexual intercourse.)

This is why most of the scholars said that it is allowed to handle the wife, except for having sexual intercourse (when she is having her menses).

Abu Dawud reported that `Ikrimah related to one of the Prophet's wives that she said that whenever the Prophet wanted to handle (one of his wives) during her menses, he would cover her sexual organ with something.

Abu Ja`far bin Jarir related that Masruq went to `A'ishah and greeted her, and `A'ishah greeted him in return.

Masruq said, "I wish to ask you about a matter, but I am shy.''

She replied, "I am your mother and you are my son.''

He said, "What can the man enjoy of his wife when she is having her menses''

She said, "Everything except her sexual organ.''

This is also the opinion of Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Al-Hasan and `Ikrimah.

One is allowed to sleep next to his wife and to eat with her (when she is having her menses).

`A'ishah said, "Allah's Messenger used to ask me to wash his hair while I was having the menses.

He would lay on my lap and read the Qur'an while I was having the period.''

It is also reported in the Sahih that `A'ishah said,

"While having the menses, I used to eat from a piece of meat and give it to the Prophet who would eat from the same place I ate from.

I used to have sips of a drink and would then give the cup to the Prophet who would place his mouth where I placed my mouth.''

It is also reported in the Two Sahihs that Maymunah bint Al-Harith Al-Hilaliyah said,

"Whenever the Prophet wanted to handle any of his wives during the periods (menses), he used to ask her to wear an Izar (a sheet covering the lower-half of the body).''

These are the wordings collected by Al-Bukhari. Similar was reported from `A'ishah.

In addition, Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah reported that `Abdullah bin Sa`d Al-Ansari asked Allah's Messenger,

"What am I allowed of my wife while she is having her menses''

He said, "What is above the Izar (a sheet covering the lower-half of the body).''

Hence, Allah's statement:

﴿ وَلَا تَقۡرَبُوهُنَّ حَتَّىٰ يَطۡهُرۡنَ‌ۖ ﴾
(...and go not in unto them till they are purified.) explains His statement:

﴿ فَٱعۡتَزِلُواْ ٱلنِّسَآءَ فِى ٱلۡمَحِيضِ‌ۖ ﴾
(...therefore, keep away from women during menses.)

Allah prohibited having sexual intercourse with the wife during menstruation, indicating that sexual intercourse is allowed otherwise.

Allah's statement:

﴿ فَإِذَا تَطَهَّرۡنَ فَأۡتُوهُنَّ مِنۡ حَيۡثُ أَمَرَكُمُ ٱللَّهُ‌ۚ ﴾

(And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you.) indicates that men should have sexual intercourse with their wives after they take a bath.

The scholars agree that the woman is obliged to take a bath, or to perform Tayammum with sand, if she is unable to use water, before she is allowed to have sexual intercourse with her husband, after the monthly period ends.

Ibn `Abbas said:

﴿ حَتَّىٰ يَطۡهُرۡنَ‌ۖ ﴾
"(till they are purified) means from blood, and,

﴿ فَإِذَا تَطَهَّرۡنَ ﴾
(And when they have purified themselves) means with water.''

This is also the Tafsir of Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Al-Hasan, Muqatil bin Hayyan and Al-Layth bin Sa`d and others.

Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir on Surah Al-Baqarah [2 verse 222]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Sirseedorf(m): 9:23am On Dec 29, 2023
Masha Allah

Informative

4 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by dNortherner(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Mash'Allah! Jazak'Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by chillychill(f): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2023
Any man dat even tries dat nonsense is a big criminal olohun. How can u want sexual intercourse with a female dat is under going pain (believe me almost all Ur body is painful by dat time) sometimes ull b angry for no reason n u think a man will want sex or anything related to it with some1 by dat moment ?

Baba nla criminal ni boboyen mehn!

The only thing sexual dat is suppose to b happening by dat moment is massage ko gbodo jube lo.

14 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by MuhammadDeyMad: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2023
Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to handle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses).

Sahih Bukhari, Book 6 Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by lapazi(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2023
I have questions, im shy!

1 Like

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Kaybaba5(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2023
chillychill:
Any man dat even tries dat nonsense is a big criminal olohun. How can I want sexual intercourse with a female dat is under going pain (believe me almost all Ur body will is painful by dat time) sometimes ull b angry for no reason n u think a man will want sex or anything related to it with some1 by dat moment ?

The only thing sexual dat is suppose to b happening by dat moment is massage ko gbodo jube lo.

Which one is massage Abeg don't even near her
Co's from massage anything can happen

4 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Yolat129: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2023
Allah Akbar
Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by jayAjoku(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2023
looting and stealing of public funds is allowed as long as you are in the elite class , common sense is also prohibited,

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Olichoke: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2023
A religion obsessed with sex during life and after life

60 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by LooneyLester: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Allah Akbar
Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by chillychill(f): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2023
Kaybaba5:

Which one is massage Abeg don't even near her
Co's from massage anything can happen

Haba massage is good na at least it strengths d sore bones too... U no go near where "something" go start na n u no go put mind for "something " too n if e come happen say ur mind dey go dere na y self control dey ,na everytime u see ur wife dat kin tin dey dey ur own mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by QuietHammer(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Ya, but raping babies is not. Allahuakbar

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by hagjay(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Allahu ak boom

4 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by abobote: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2023
chillychill:
Any man dat even tries dat nonsense is a big criminal olohun. How can I want sexual intercourse with a female dat is under going pain (believe me almost all Ur body is painful by dat time) sometimes ull b angry for no reason n u think a man will want sex or anything related to it with some1 by dat moment ?

Some women enjoy sex during mensuration

4 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by chillychill(f): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2023
abobote:

Some women enjoy sex during mensuration

Any woman or man dat have sex or enjoys sex during mesuration is a very dirty being he or she is a lower animal lobatan undecided

4 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Aadeniyi092: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2023
Jazakumullah khayran

1 Like

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by GreatOchuks: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2023
As a Man, once a lady mentions that she's on her period , I immediately cut off every attempt to bang her and wear my clothes back if taken off already.

I wouldn't even bother to check whether it's true or not , that excuse alone will make turn me off already..

So whenever I hear some Men still do it , I cringe

6 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Notatribalist(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
chillychill:
Any man dat even tries dat nonsense is a big criminal olohun. How can I want sexual intercourse with a female dat is under going pain (believe me almost all Ur body is painful by dat time) sometimes ull b angry for no reason n u think a man will want sex or anything related to it with some1 by dat moment ?

Relax, everything is not about Gender war. My ex once visited me,and when it was time for sex she requested that I off the light. That was not our first time so I was wondering why. I tried talking to her to leave the light on she refused,so I obliged. It was after the whole thing she revealed that she's on her period,that she knew I wouldn't do it if she had told me. So killed that your gender war, it's both ways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Versal: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
chillychill:

Any woman or man dat have sex or enjoys sex during mesuration is a very dirty being he or she is a lower animal lobatan undecided
That you do not like something does not make it bad.
I thought that people have evolved above this.

2 Likes

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Bintdawood(f): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
chillychill:

Haba massage is good na at least it strengths d sore bones too... U no go near where "something" go start na n u no go put mind for "something " too n if e come happen say ur mind dey go dere na y self control dey ,na everytime u see ur wife dat kin tin dey dey ur own mind?

Ahh😂😂 you're funny!

1 Like

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Bintdawood(f): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jazakumullah khair!

1 Like

Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Danmisra(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thank you brother
Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by chillychill(f): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
Notatribalist:

Relax, everything is not about Gender war. My ex once visited me,and when it was time for sex she requested that I off the light. That was not our first time so I was wondering why. I tried talking to her to leave the light on she refused,so I obliged. It was after the whole thing she revealed to me that she's on her period,that she knew I wouldn't do it if she had told me. So killed that your gender war, it's both was

Waz my own with gender war bayi y'all wil just bring English abi adjectives for no reason didn't u see where I said both d female n male dat does dat kinda tin are dirty? Onku good for u d both of u are sha dirty ppl lobatan.
Re: Sexual Intercourse With Menstruating Women Is Prohibited by Notatribalist(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
chillychill:

Waz my own with gender war bayi y'all wil just bring English abi adjectives for no reason didn't u see where I said both d female n male dat does dat kinda tin are dirty? Onku good for u d both of u are sha dirty ppl lobatan.
I actually didn't finished reading you post. Sorry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashion Thread For Muslim Women / Social Distancing During Hajj Pilgrimage. Number Reduced From 2 Million To 1,000 / 2 Million Pilgrims Stone The Devil, Yet He Is Still Alive - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.