Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. (61458 Views)

Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / Coronavirus Survivor, Ayodeji Osowobi Shares Her Story / Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by eph12(m): 2:08pm On May 15, 2020
ransomed:
You must be the author of such a book.
You're asking me to read but you know nothing about how covid19 virus affects the body. You probably don't believe the virus exists
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by mvem(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2020
MikeBrown2020:
Big liar.... How come u just spend 7days in isolation centre.? Forgetting that we already know testing is done twice which much show Nagative 2x. Another government agent.
NCDC has stopped test to be done twice. Try and be current, you get discharged now by testing negative one, which is the new directive
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Juliearth(f): 2:09pm On May 15, 2020
andrewtosin:
nawah oh... And I think of going out from Monday by using these taxis, bikes and buses.. May God help us and deliver us from this scourge.

So even with the face masks and hand sanitizer you were still infected?

I am not surprised that people get infected even with the face mask(no pun intended). The way we handle that facemask alone is as good as not wearing it. I have seen people slide it slightly below their lower lip, touch it, use it morethan once without washing... So its safe to say that one can still get infected even when using nose masks due to the aforementioned factors.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by mastermaestro(m): 2:10pm On May 15, 2020
safarigirl:

Lol

He said it's real and early detection will help in the healing process.

Most of his write-up is vague sha, but I suppose he shared what he wanted.

I've never expressed doubts about its realness. Just wanted to read something different from the daily government-powered updates. A comprehensive firsthand testimony was what I eagerly wanted to read. Unfortunately, he dropped a drab story. Nothing new, nothing outstanding. In fact his account somehow emboldens sceptics to hold on to their reservations about the kind of 'virus' we have in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by mvem(m): 2:11pm On May 15, 2020
Corruptnation:
Omo I well ohh. Unlike the op were dey lie like fowl.

You sure say you dey follow recent news so! undecided
don't be a fool... US are having the worst unemployment rate and financial issues right now and you are saying they are having money to be sharing to countries?...US is trying to see how to pay benefits to these unemployed and Money to kickstart the economy and you think they have free money to he sharing to all countries because you have covid case...who dey tell una all these lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by SirWarlock: 2:11pm On May 15, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is because corona does not have a high death rate that is why people still think it is a scam.

If it was killing like black death and other deadly diseases these people shouting scam up and down will keep quiet and enter house.

Anyway thank God corona is not a death sentence because if it was people will not be claiming it is a scam
This is true angry

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by ideaz: 2:11pm On May 15, 2020
Op

Experience means something different where you live, I suppose.

I will rather stay with Dopesi experience. He is a man!
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Jbleenk: 2:14pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:
Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

I'm from Edo state. I was one of the 20 people that were discharged on the 13th of this month.
My purpose of writing this piece is to enlighten the people, especially the unbelievers on this forum that this virus is real. It is not a propaganda. Yes, l do not argue the fact that Govt has a way of taking advantage of situations like this, but when you are knowledgable, there is an extent at which you can be fooled.

This desease does not have the power that we are attributing to it. It took me just 7 days to recover because my case was detected early. The reason why people are still dying from this virus is due to ignorance and scepticisms. And when they eventually fall sick, it becomes too late

The day l received the call that my result came back positive, the health officials told me to take my time to get ready, and, even though they had my home address, told me to let them know where it will be convenient for me to wait for them to come pick me up. I'm saying this for those who keep say how come they don't see videos of patients on t.v. This was done so people don't stigmatize people close to me. Trust me, Nigerians are very good (or should l say bad) at that. Infact, the day after l was checked in the facility, one driver that works at my office who lives on the same street with my sister, went to that street to announce to anyone who cares to listen that her brother has tested positive to corona virus. Immediately, they started to stigmatize my sister, her husband and their three children. And these are people that l have had no contact with for weeks.

So, my main reason for writing this is for people to stop being ignorant. Get tested immediately you start to feel unwell. Early detection is the key to fighting this thing. When you are been screened, answer all the questions truthfully, don't hold any information back because it is due to the information you give that determines if you are eligible for testing or not. It is better you get tested and it comes out positive and receive treatment immediately than lie about your health, go home and die in ignorance.

Covid 19 is Real! Thanks.

I think it will do a lot of good if u reveal the treatment administered on you during your stay at the isolation center. And any other relevant info.

I thank God for you not everybody infected survived it.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by godwon01(m): 2:15pm On May 15, 2020
nairamaniac:

Op pls dont answer this.

Tell him to be patient, when/if he gets infected, he would know the drugs.
it is not a big deal . Dr Doyin Okupe had it and told the whole world the treatment he received and advice to follow. It will be difficult for the Op to know the line of treatment he received while on admission. In medical palavers, it is always difficult for any patient in the hospital to know the treatment he is receiving while on admission in the hospital. It is in relevant , the bottom line is , he was cured of the virus.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by ransomed: 2:19pm On May 15, 2020
eph12:

You're asking me to read but you know nothing about how covid19 virus affects the body. You probably don't believe the virus exists
You are free to be part of the big scam. Since you know everything about covidscam please sir name the local medicine you used to make positive people to turn negative before discharging them.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Joefat: 2:21pm On May 15, 2020
nairamaniac:

Op pls dont answer this.

Tell him to be patient, when/if he gets infected, he would know the drugs.

Are you on of their scam informative?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by lilbarracuda(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2020
Corruptnation:
wait small. He dey find pictures to attached. Make we just wait small grin

I dey wait oo
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 15, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Is that so?

Covid19 truly exists, no doubt.

But in Nigeria, na scam!

The one true person I know that died from the virus in Nigeria is Abba kyari (Mind you, I'm not disputing that he's the only one that has died from it).
All these other politicians are just deceiving themselves.

If you have any fever, flu, cough etc and you mistakenly cross path with NCDC, they will tag you a corona patient.

Remember in Tanzania, pawpaw, goat and engine oil are testing positive for the virus...
Food for thought.
Bros, I am a health worker and I am always present at the Lagos Isolation Centres...Covid-19 is real and has killed many but it's not a death sentence. You can never have malaria or flu symptom and test positive for covid-19, never. You cannot have other viral infections and test positive for the virus as well.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 15, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
Tell us how much you were paid to come up with this.
you can fool some people but not everyone
scam!
Bless you

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Adeboyeobj: 2:36pm On May 15, 2020
Mr survivor , you recovered from malaria, so shut your mouth, we don hear
Una don see mumu �
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Saintinoo(m): 2:38pm On May 15, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Is that so?

Covid19 truly exists, no doubt.

But in Nigeria, na scam!

The one true person I know that died from the virus in Nigeria is Abba kyari (Mind you, I'm not disputing that he's the only one that has died from it).
All these other politicians are just deceiving themselves.

If you have any fever, flu, cough etc and you mistakenly cross path with NCDC, they will tag you a corona patient.

Remember in Tanzania, pawpaw, goat and engine oil are testing positive for the virus...
Food for thought.
In all you have typed there is no where i see the point you are making.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Saintinoo(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2020
[quote author=NigPatriot post=89574044]
OP, you can do better by giving more details. This is a very shallow description of your Covid story. People want to know things like, did you have any symptoms, if yes, what were they? What kind of treatment did you receive? Etc.
Yes, many people have recovered from Covid 19 without even knowing that they had it. The mortality rate is overhyped. I was shocked to see that Malaria is more lethal than this. God punish Buhari[/quote
Why are you asking for the type of medication, so people can self medicate?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by kayswag100(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2020
Ma'am, I'm sure a large percentage of the readers believe in the existence if Covid-19

What incensed people (and particularly me) is the emptiness of his narrative. When you write "my experience..." with this or that, it is expected that you share insights and details that would lend credence to your story.

I've read experiences that of people that addressed:
How they got it, how their body felt, how NCDC contacted them, experience at Isolation center, treatment details, etc. which would enlighten people on the disease. All these were missing and it merely sounded like motivational speaking with an allegory.

Plus the BUFFOON has not come back to answer lingering questions...

This guy was not one of the 20 discharged patients in Edo State.

QED!

delpee:
Doubting Thomases need to open their minds to learning. Many people have given their testimonies. They have shown us videos of the centres with patients and health workers in view. There's also enough information about the virus online.

They have informed us several times that many people will have it without even knowing. The challenge is that they're mostly asymptomatic but will easily infect others especially in crowded areas. The effect is worse on the elderly and others with underlying illnesses. Irrespective of the many conspiracy theories and the lack of trust in the government, I think it's wise to learn more as a proactive strategy in self/national preservation instead of assuming that it is all a lie. That's actually a lazy way of thinking.

Please step forward for a test (if you have symptoms) in any of the 20 LG testing centres if you're in Lagos. Same way for those in other states. For others, keep to the rules to avoid infection. Moreso in case you're asymptomatic... so as not to infect others. We need to get rid of COVID and move on with our lives.
May God protect us all.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Jimmyubah2: 2:45pm On May 15, 2020
Which drugs dem give? No be all these sermons me wan here.
Covid-19 is real but naija govt dey take am do business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by DavidEsq(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
Davash222:
Thank God for your life.

Do they serve Beer at the isolation centre??
Na beer dey worry u ba? grin grin
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by thaoriginator: 2:49pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:
Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

I'm from Edo state. I was one of the 20 people that were discharged on the 13th of this month.
My purpose of writing this piece is to enlighten the people, especially the unbelievers on this forum that this virus is real. It is not a propaganda. Yes, l do not argue the fact that Govt has a way of taking advantage of situations like this, but when you are knowledgable, there is an extent at which you can be fooled.

This desease does not have the power that we are attributing to it. It took me just 7 days to recover because my case was detected early. The reason why people are still dying from this virus is due to ignorance and scepticisms. And when they eventually fall sick, it becomes too late

The day l received the call that my result came back positive, the health officials told me to take my time to get ready, and, even though they had my home address, told me to let them know where it will be convenient for me to wait for them to come pick me up. I'm saying this for those who keep say how come they don't see videos of patients on t.v. This was done so people don't stigmatize people close to me. Trust me, Nigerians are very good (or should l say bad) at that. Infact, the day after l was checked in the facility, one driver that works at my office who lives on the same street with my sister, went to that street to announce to anyone who cares to listen that her brother has tested positive to corona virus. Immediately, they started to stigmatize my sister, her husband and their three children. And these are people that l have had no contact with for weeks.

So, my main reason for writing this is for people to stop being ignorant. Get tested immediately you start to feel unwell. Early detection is the key to fighting this thing. When you are been screened, answer all the questions truthfully, don't hold any information back because it is due to the information you give that determines if you are eligible for testing or not. It is better you get tested and it comes out positive and receive treatment immediately than lie about your health, go home and die in ignorance.

What did they use to cure you sir?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Corruptnation: 2:49pm On May 15, 2020
mvem:
don't be a fool... US are having the worst unemployment rate and financial issues right now and you are saying they are having money to be sharing to countries?...US is trying to see how to pay benefits to these unemployed and Money to kickstart the economy and you think they have free money to he sharing to all countries because you have covid case...who dey tell una all these lies
Mr US embassador. undecided

Na so them tell you? Omo you too dull for my liking
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by mvem(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2020
Corruptnation:
Mr US embassador. undecided

Na so them tell you? Omo you too dull for my liking
jallof bro...whatever floats your boat
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Investnow2017: 2:55pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:

I think people want to read your experiences and those of your inmates at the isolation centre. Your interaction with the doctors. How many new patients were brought in while you were there. Food served and care given. Your typical day at the centre.

Were there fatality while you were there? Was any of the patients on ventilator (because a lot of folks still believe that unless you were placed on ventilator you were not sick of Covid-19). How many patients in the treatment ward? What were the routine of the nurses and doctors? Did you see any Chinese doctor there or any of their equipment being installed by them as we have been told? How many were discharged before you recovered? How did new patients feel? The ones you met how were they feeling? What were the age ranges of the patients in your ward or generally at the centre? What were your interactions with other patients?

I believe Covid-19 is very real, I believe in the NCDC, but if I had any atom of doubt before, my brother, you cannot CONVINCE me with this shallow write up.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Kennydoc(m): 2:56pm On May 15, 2020
zexy2030:
stay safe is all the summary I can infer but getting tested too many doubts about the instance of getting tested. Its becoming scary to get tested and not be positive.
A total of 30k+ tests have been carried out in Nigeria and only 5162 were positive. Less than 17% of all the people tested in Nigeria so far were positive.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by PureGoldh(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
Tell us how much you were paid to come up with this.
you can fool some people but not everyone
scam!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Jelzin2412(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:

I commend you for coming forward to tell your story. However, do not be surprise with the rather cold reception you will get from some people here. It's normal with Nigerians.

Btw, I have met lots of people from different racial, ethnic divides and nations and I can state for certain; Nigerians are the worst people to convince on mother earth. The politicians have so screwed with them that they have lost even the slightest sense of knowledge & reasoning. Living is denial is their hobby and you dare not try to convince them otherwise.

You can come for me as you wish but It's what it is...
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by 02Kebreal(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2020
Congratulations! But your story is not deep enough. Overall,it lacks basic explanations and insight to expose Nairalanders to know about this dare devil pandemic.
U need to say more to clear doubts. Until then,this is a complete hoax.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by seanwilliam(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2020
grin grin u must definitely come from osun state... for you to ask the bolded..I hear say dem dey serve dem better beer grin.
Davash222:
Thank God for your life.

Do they serve Beer at the isolation centre??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Remove This From My Teeth / Prostitutes In Zimbabwe Now Using Bread Packets As Condom Prices Rise / Nigerian Lady Shares What She Saw At A Hospital In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.