Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. (61472 Views)

Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / Coronavirus Survivor, Ayodeji Osowobi Shares Her Story / Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by lesson44: 3:19pm On May 15, 2020
Thank God you made it. But you didn't tell us the treatment you were given and the care at the center.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Seun(m): 3:22pm On May 15, 2020
I am very happy for you. Wish you provided more evidence, though.

osesology:
Not quite sure. I normally take a cab to and from the office and sometimes l take a bus, just to economize. I always follow safety guidelines. I always have a hand sanitizer with me. But my only suspect is the buses l take from time to time.
This is interesting. Did you wear face-masks when you were in the buses?

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Investnow2017: 3:24pm On May 15, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Is that so?

Covid19 truly exists, no doubt.

But in Nigeria, na scam!

The one true person I know that died from the virus in Nigeria is Abba kyari (Mind you, I'm not disputing that he's the only one that has died from it).
All these other politicians are just deceiving themselves.

If you have any fever, flu, cough etc and you mistakenly cross path with NCDC, they will tag you a corona patient.

Remember in Tanzania, pawpaw, goat and engine oil are testing positive for the virus...
Food for thought.

Are you saying that if an infected person spits on a pawpaw and after a while you scape the pawpaw that the result will not come back positive? Is that what you are saying? Then you know nothing about this virus.

Recently a Covid-19 positive carrier spat on a woman working on a train and weeks later that woman died. The case is still on now. So it is possible for even a door handle to text positive so long as it has been infected by an already infected person.

A lot of folks pick up this virus from the ATM machine attached to banks.

That there are faulty testing kits is not in doubt especially those made in China. That is why double testing using different equipment brings a more dependable result.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by eph12(m): 3:26pm On May 15, 2020
ransomed:
You are free to be part of the big scam. Since you know everything about covidscam please sir name the local medicine you used to make positive people to turn negative before discharging them.
You should pay a visit to the isolation center. You will get all the information you need.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Gicmchrista1234(f): 3:30pm On May 15, 2020
Thank God for u.the deputy governor of Edo State said so about ur recovery on ITV/Radio today and mentioned ur name as his ....
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by LyfeJennings(m): 3:33pm On May 15, 2020
I also got discharged yesterday.
Thank God for God
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by andrewtosin(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2020
Nose masks do not prevent one from being infected. In fact what nose masks do is to prevent the carrier of the virus from infecting other innocent people.
I agree to your points though that people do ignorantly wear the nose masks
By the way I commend your elegance
Juliearth:

I am not surprised that people get infected even with the face mask(no pun intended). The way we handle that facemask alone is as good as not wearing it. I have seen people slide it slightly below their lower lip, touch it, use it morethan once without washing... So its safe to say that one can still get infected even when using nose masks due to the aforementioned factors.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by coolcare(m): 3:37pm On May 15, 2020
What do you mean like feeling unwell. Does it mean like having malaria symptoms with coughing or siznin?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by SirMichael1: 3:38pm On May 15, 2020
deepwater:

what drugs were u given?
please tell us more about the experience with covid - 19
to be honest we dont care what drivers and street people say - that is all they do.....talk and gossips!
how can we protect ourselves ?
any prophylaxis ?
what did the doctors say?
where u given proper food? because out here people are donating money
did u meet any Chinese doctor ? - very important cus FG say dey brought Chinese doctor with USD 2M and minster say na CCECC get the Chinese people.
what brand of bear is being served there?
do u have constant power at the center?
we saw Doyin Okupe with a fridge in the room, did u have a fridge ?
at isolation what was your daily routine, ?
do u just sit and wait to be tested negative?

please tell us more

LOL. This one na craze person. See mad ass questions. Hehe.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by tuns486(m): 3:39pm On May 15, 2020
delpee:
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. May God perfect your healing. It shall be permanent to God's glory. Amen

Awon CoRoNa believer..

Dont tell me u want to believe this Vague story..
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Dextre(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2020
Conductor261:

Go and test such samples too

This nor b me trying to argue na...I am just trying to tell you,that in Tanzania's case o na kits cause am. Read it online pls
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Finnese001: 3:42pm On May 15, 2020
willyjacs:
Go deep into biology and stop being an illiterate.

The earlier u get urself treated, the better... So it goes for every illness.

Ur immune system is the number one soldier against the virus(u are an illiterate,so I believe u dunno what an immune system is)... How strong ur immunity is coupled with drugs like chloroquine,azithromycin+any other anti biotics nd anti retroviral drugs are what patients are administered with to manage the virus until they are secreted out of the system.

Learn to get encyclopedic knowledge so u don't remain a partially blind person.....

Covid-19 aka SARS cov2 does little or no damage if earlier detected nd managed.

My friend here in Abuja also tested positive.... We also lost a family friend to the virus...his wife is still battling the disease right now.

instead of drowning in ignorance, why not stroll into any virology class online and understand what corona viruses are, learn what pandemics nd contagious diseases are since ur knowledge of biology nd agric during ur secondary days na F9.

Another paid agent, lol

ogbeni get the fuq outta my mention

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2020
Investnow2017:

I think people want to read your experiences and those of your inmates at the isolation centre. Your interaction with the doctors. How many new patients were brought in while you were there. Food served and care given. Your typical day at the centre.

Were there fatality while you were there? Was any of the patients on ventilator (because a lot of folks still believe that unless you were placed on ventilator you were not sick of Covid-19). How many patients in the treatment ward? What were the routine of the nurses and doctors? Did you see any Chinese doctor there or any of their equipment being installed by them as we have been told? How many were discharged before you recovered? How did new patients feel? The ones you met how were they feeling? What were the age ranges of the patients in your ward or generally at the centre? What were your interactions with other patients?

I believe Covid-19 is very real, I believe in the NCDC, but if I had any atom of doubt before, my brother, you cannot CONVINCE me with this shallow write up.

Wait so u believe this guy's story..? See I've been following him,, he has alot of questions to answer buh he barely answered them. Dude is not speaking up so he made the story up. Maybe something prompted him to the topic buh I don't believe his story. He knows ppl will ask questions buh where is he now? At work? Oh pls
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by nairamaniac: 3:43pm On May 15, 2020
Joefat:

Are you on of their scam informative?

No I'm not one of them.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by lilbarracuda(m): 3:44pm On May 15, 2020
Acidosis:

The fact that you used malaria medicine and recovered after 5 days doesn't meant you never had covid19. Most Covid19 patients wouldn't even need any medicine in the first place. May be you wasted your money treating what could have vanished without any remedy.

We have heard it here that many Covid19 patients don't even show any symptoms. What more do you folks want? Inject people with a deadly strain so people can start dying in their thousands?

I stay with my family, I have a nephew that's 2 years old so how none of them got infected must be a miracle if according to you that I might have it without knowing. I'm not disputing the fact that covid isn't real but here it's a scam.

If it's same covid that's killing people in China or UK I don't think the lockdown in Abuja or Lagos would be eased. I believe we've seen videos of covid 19 patients abroad battling with their lives and we've seen that of our people here protesting, throwing stunt or doing something.
Anyway, make we leave matter for Mathias
God will help us.
We're in it together
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by youngsahito(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2020
nairamaniac:

Op pls dont answer this.

Tell him to be patient, when/if he gets infected, he would know the drugs.
smh for you
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by stevups(m): 3:46pm On May 15, 2020
People that are not affected will always say It's a Scam
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Torie8(f): 3:46pm On May 15, 2020
Hmmm

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by nairamaniac: 3:46pm On May 15, 2020
MuchAdo:

Why are shouldn't he answer it You are part of the problem of this country... angry

How can u say I'm part of the problems of this country??

We all are still at a panicky phase of this whole pandemic period.

People would abuse the drugs upon any sign of them feeling I'll, even without being tested or admitted.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Investnow2017: 3:48pm On May 15, 2020
Juliearth:

I am not surprised that people get infected even with the face mask(no pun intended). The way we handle that facemask alone is as good as not wearing it. I have seen people slide it slightly below their lower lip, touch it, use it morethan once without washing... So its safe to say that one can still get infected even when using nose masks due to the aforementioned factors.

How about a woman who got to a bank and found out that they would not allow her in unless she wore a face mask. Soon she was asking someone, "abeg borrow me your face mask first when I return I go give you back" cheesy. Now assuming the person actually lent out his face mask ignorantly too? shocked

We should all rejoice. This virus was not meant for Africa! Millions would have died due to stark ignorance.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by watchindelta(m): 3:49pm On May 15, 2020
I believe Corona virus is in Nigeria but I dnt believe ur story, u making the doubters to doubt the more! Ur story has no line.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Seun(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2020
andrewtosin:
nawah oh... And I think of going out from Monday by using these taxis, bikes and buses.. May God help us and deliver us from this scourge.

So even with the face masks and hand sanitizer you were still infected?
He didnt say anything about face-masks, as far as I can tell.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Investnow2017: 3:58pm On May 15, 2020
godwon01:
it is not a big deal . Dr Doyin Okupe had it and told the whole world the treatment he received and advice to follow. It will be difficult for the Op to know the line of treatment he received while on admission. In medical palavers, it is always difficult for any patient in the hospital to know the treatment he is receiving while on admission in the hospital. It is in relevant , the bottom line is , he was cured of the virus.

My dear that lame practice exists only in Nigeria and may be in some African countries. I once took my child to the hospital while holidaying in Dubai. The doctor was very clear. She told us all that we needed to know about each drug, what they were meant to do, expected reactions to watch out for etc etc etc.

But here in Nigeria, they just bring it, and demand "open your hand, see water, oya drink. God will perfect your health", blah, blah, blah. And even the nurse giving you does not even know what it is "na the doctor say make I collect am from pharmacy give you. Oya drink am oga, God go heal you" sad

That has been my experienceooooo sad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Jimmyubah2: 4:00pm On May 15, 2020
Oya come and tell us the drugs you were given.
After all, Dokpesi said he was given malaria drugs/treatment same thing Bauchi state Governor said.
This Covid-19 stuff for naija na scam.
Naija govt just wanna cash out.
See as states just dey discharge high number of covid-19 patients on daily basis now cus nothing is coming from the Federal Govt to embezzle by our crooked Governors.
E.g gombe and borno.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by angelfallz(m): 4:03pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:
Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

I'm from Edo state. I was one of the 20 people that were discharged on the 13th of this month.
My purpose of writing this piece is to enlighten the people, especially the unbelievers on this forum that this virus is real. It is not a propaganda. Yes, l do not argue the fact that Govt has a way of taking advantage of situations like this, but when you are knowledgable, there is an extent at which you can be fooled.

This desease does not have the power that we are attributing to it. It took me just 7 days to recover because my case was detected early. The reason why people are still dying from this virus is due to ignorance and scepticisms. And when they eventually fall sick, it becomes too late

The day l received the call that my result came back positive, the health officials told me to take my time to get ready, and, even though they had my home address, told me to let them know where it will be convenient for me to wait for them to come pick me up. I'm saying this for those who keep say how come they don't see videos of patients on t.v. This was done so people don't stigmatize people close to me. Trust me, Nigerians are very good (or should l say bad) at that. Infact, the day after l was checked in the facility, one driver that works at my office who lives on the same street with my sister, went to that street to announce to anyone who cares to listen that her brother has tested positive to corona virus. Immediately, they started to stigmatize my sister, her husband and their three children. And these are people that l have had no contact with for weeks.

So, my main reason for writing this is for people to stop being ignorant. Get tested immediately you start to feel unwell. Early detection is the key to fighting this thing. When you are been screened, answer all the questions truthfully, don't hold any information back because it is due to the information you give that determines if you are eligible for testing or not. It is better you get tested and it comes out positive and receive treatment immediately than lie about your health, go home and die in ignorance.

Covid 19 is Real! Thanks.

All glory be to God for your recovery. But what treatment were you given, since there is no cure for COVID-19?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Adeevah(m): 4:04pm On May 15, 2020
Malaria treatment can take this form too...

The account sound more like you recover from malaria/typhoid.

In Nigeria, Malaria is now synonymous to COVID-19 - raymond dokpesi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by airminem(f): 4:06pm On May 15, 2020
Salem17:
Are u a shady fan ?
we gonna have a problem here! wink
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by IamPlato(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:

I understand your point but getting tested early is still the best way to guarantee early and quick recovery. Its just like HIV. Until you get tested, you can never be quite sure. Anytime you have any of the symptoms associated with HIV, you get scared. Getting to know your status is the best way to deal with any kind of virus. Thanks
Bro People Have Been Asking You Questions But You Ignored them obviously Because What You Posted Is "make Believe" you Were No Victim Of The Virus. Dont Ever Try This Rubbish Again

Allow Victims To Speak Not You

So Seun You Guys Just Push Any Rubbish To The Front page

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Ememboo: 4:09pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:
Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

I'm from Edo state. I was one of the 20 people that were discharged on the 13th of this month.
My purpose of writing this piece is to enlighten the people, especially the unbelievers on this forum that this virus is real. It is not a propaganda. Yes, l do not argue the fact that Govt has a way of taking advantage of situations like this, but when you are knowledgable, there is an extent at which you can be fooled.

This desease does not have the power that we are attributing to it. It took me just 7 days to recover because my case was detected early. The reason why people are still dying from this virus is due to ignorance and scepticisms. And when they eventually fall sick, it becomes too late

The day l received the call that my result came back positive, the health officials told me to take my time to get ready, and, even though they had my home address, told me to let them know where it will be convenient for me to wait for them to come pick me up. I'm saying this for those who keep say how come they don't see videos of patients on t.v. This was done so people don't stigmatize people close to me. Trust me, Nigerians are very good (or should l say bad) at that. Infact, the day after l was checked in the facility, one driver that works at my office who lives on the same street with my sister, went to that street to announce to anyone who cares to listen that her brother has tested positive to corona virus. Immediately, they started to stigmatize my sister, her husband and their three children. And these are people that l have had no contact with for weeks.

So, my main reason for writing this is for people to stop being ignorant. Get tested immediately you start to feel unwell. Early detection is the key to fighting this thing. When you are been screened, answer all the questions truthfully, don't hold any information back because it is due to the information you give that determines if you are eligible for testing or not. It is better you get tested and it comes out positive and receive treatment immediately than lie about your health, go home and die in ignorance.

Covid 19 is Real! Thanks.

Thank God for your health
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Acidosis(m): 4:09pm On May 15, 2020
lilbarracuda:

I stay with my family, I have a nephew that's 2 years old so how none of them got infected must be a miracle if according to you that I might have it without knowing. I'm not disputing the fact that covid isn't real but here it's a scam.

If it's same covid that's killing people in China or UK I don't think the lockdown in Abuja or Lagos would be eased. I believe we've seen videos of covid 19 patients abroad battling with their lives and we've seen that of our people here protesting, throwing stunt or doing something.
Anyway, make we leave matter for Mathias
God will help us.
We're in it together

Okay.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Collins4u1(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2020
I was expecting to read your stories on how the treatment went, the overall welfare, the feeding and all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Remove This From My Teeth / Prostitutes In Zimbabwe Now Using Bread Packets As Condom Prices Rise / Nigerian Lady Shares What She Saw At A Hospital In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.