Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

My Delivery Bike Questions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Delivery Bike Questions (1248 Views)

Best Way To Waybill My Product To My Delivery Agent In Another State / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike / Delivery Bike Man In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Delivery Bike Questions by Randomshotzz(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2020
I want to buy delivery bike to deliver my goods within Lagos state.

I want to know if i need to register it as a courier business before it can operate.

Note: I did google seach which returned results for courier business bike registration. This is different. I just want to distribute by myself.

I need people who distribute their goods by themselves to tell me whether they registered with Nipost and Laasa.

Thanks.
Re: My Delivery Bike Questions by Palantir: 4:32pm On May 15, 2020
A courier company and a delivery bike should be different. But this is Nigeria where the rules are what the fellow with the gun feels at that point in time.

You will need registration documents though. Go to any motor vehicle registration office close to you, they will give you a single bill for most of the documents you need.

Emphasis on the word "most". New documents come up whenever the fellows in control feel they need some extra money "for the boys". Most times you don't know about these ones until your bike gets arrested or you hear from someone who got arrested.

Costs about 30k for everything as at early May 2020. Could be more, could be less depending on who you meet.
Re: My Delivery Bike Questions by koolm101: 5:04pm On May 15, 2020
Re: My Delivery Bike Questions by oneroflo57(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
Palantir:
A courier company and a delivery bike should be different. But this is Nigeria where the rules are what the fellow with the gun feels at that point in time.

You will need registration documents though. Go to any motor vehicle registration office close to you, they will give you a single bill for most of the documents you need.

Emphasis on the word "most". New documents come up whenever the fellows in control feel they need some extra money "for the boys". Most times you don't know about these ones until your bike gets arrested or you hear from someone who got arrested.

Costs about 30k for everything as at early May 2020. Could be more, could be less depending on who you meet.

Hello, I'm about to embark on this but don't really know how to go about it.
I have been saving from my small importation business but now i want to own mo own delivery bike cos delivery fee usually drive customers away. Can you guide me. If you don't mind
Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

500k, Uber Or What Business Can It Do? Pls Help / Naira: Nigeria Currency / NULL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.