Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,530 members, 7,843,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

I Once Thought I Was A Failure –ID Cabasa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Once Thought I Was A Failure –ID Cabasa (241 Views)

Ayeni Adekunle Battles Depression, Leaves ID Africa / I Thought I Have Gotten A Job, Cruel Boss / Does The Chairman Of A Company Have An ID Card? Who Ratifies It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Once Thought I Was A Failure –ID Cabasa by BobbyGenius(m): 12:22pm On May 16, 2020
Music producer and singer, Olumide Ogunade, better known as ID Cabasa, has said that at a time, he felt like a failure because he was broke and couldn’t pay his rent. Speaking during an Instagram Live chat with rapper, Bouqui, he said, “There was a time I was looking for house rent yet I gave money to two people for their kids’ school fees. Then, a certain guy came to me asking for transport fare and I told him that I would help him get money
from some other folks in church. I started asking around but that day, I could not get money for the guy. I was so shocked when the next day, the guy wrote an epistle about me on Facebook, saying I was a very bad person, with all the money that I had. I cried.

What I told God that day started changing a lot of things for me. People should learn from this. There are times you do things out of indiscretion and you unknowingly destroy yourself. I remembered that I went back home and prayed that God should give that guy the full details of what I was going through. What I meant at that time was that God should make him go through what I was going through.
Two days later, I was going through the scriptures and read the part where immediately Job finished praying for his friend, God restored him. So, I prayed for the guy. But, after praying for him, it was still on my mind. I had to call him and tell him what I was going through. I brought him to the studio and showed him all my luggage, saying me and my family had been living here for a while. He felt bad, apologised and left.

My pain was the springboard for me to be well established. I learnt a lot during that time. It was like my own lockdown. At that time, I thought I was a failure. With everything I knew and the depth I had, I (still) felt I was a failure. I thank God I learnt the lessons and was able to bounce back.”

2 Likes

Re: I Once Thought I Was A Failure –ID Cabasa by sLentlover7778(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2020
In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson..

Happy 17th birthday Leah Sharibu, I celebrate your courage, your love for christ, Today mark almost 3years you've been in captivity.. I just can't imagine the pain and trauma you're going through right now..your cry to God is not in vain.. everything is working out for your good..(Roman 8:28), always remember God's promises...(Hebrew 13:5) my birthday wishes to you is FREEDOM.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

YOUTHS: Kalu Chinazo Prisca Recognized By NANS for her Contribution In Society / Say No To Unemployment / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.