Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. (1413 Views)

N1.6 Million 'Vanishes' From Health Worker’s GTBank Account / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by omimigaius(m): 3:59pm On May 16, 2020
Hello Nairalanders!!
My name is NNANNA CLETUS.
I took a quick credit loan of about 180k on the 31/03/20 from Gtbank Agbara branch. 100k was fraudulently transferred out through Internet transfer (on 02/04/20)(by 00:31)to one CHIDERA VINCENT ANIGBO's UBA account within 48hours of receiving the money. .

The trouble is that I never registered my account on any internet banking/ bankApp platform, Yet someone used my information to register my account on bankApp, then scammed me.

This thing happened after I spoke to my account officer about my intentions to access the loan, that my account needed profiling. He asked for my account number and if it was opened in his branch, i said yes. He profiled the account and i accessed the money about 10hours later.

All my calls, mails to Gtbank customer care lines came with no response.
I have reported to the bank, filled forms but, nothing more came out for a week now.
I called the account officer on the incident day and, later met him when the lockdown was partially lifted.
He however denied any involvement in the fraud but, kept insisting that I must have divulged my details to someone.

I don't know how to contact CBN or any reliable Law Enforcement Agents for this case.
I am seriously suspecting an insider job in this matter.
PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Ofemmanu1: 4:00pm On May 16, 2020
Chidera scammed Nnanna!

Igbo scam Igbo.

Igbo amaka!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 16, 2020
No proof, nothing just only written content and figure....

Just say you are broke and you need money.
Ain't believing shit

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by tundchip2: 4:13pm On May 16, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
Chidera scammed Nnanna!

Igbo scam Igbo.

Igbo amaka!
Hmmmm, the hate is strong in you.
To the OP, damn, try contacting them on twitter and remember to tag @cbn too.
Gtb bank is one of the most useless banks of this generation. so so deductions here and there.
And Gtb account system is more prone to hacking. Trust me, on the darkweb, most credits card from Nigeria are from gtb bank, their systems are one of the weakest in Nigeria. Union bank is the strongest. Full amour fire wall.
I wish you good luck tho

3 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Toma2: 4:13pm On May 16, 2020
I don't understand
Just like that..
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Godfullsam(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2020
I think it's high time we went back to the old ways our fire father's usually keep their money.

Just dig the soil in a secured place , put your money in a sack and bury it.

Any time you need some money, go to where you bury your money and make withdrawals grin.

No need for ATM, no network issues, no sms and other useless charges and no scammers.

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by jesmond3945: 4:47pm On May 16, 2020
tundchip2:

Gtb bank is one of the most useless banks of this generation. so so deductions here and there.
And Gtb account system is more prone to hacking. Trust me, on the darkweb, most credits card from Nigeria are from gtb bank, their systems are one of the weakest in Nigeria. Union bank is the strongest. Full amour fire wall.
I wish you good luck tho
what of first bank?
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by NisforNicky: 6:43pm On May 16, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
Chidera scammed Nnanna!

Igbo scam Igbo.

Igbo amaka!

be serious na
grin grin
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by omimigaius(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2020
tundchip2:

I wish you good luck tho

[color=#000099][/color]
Thank you my brother! I will sure chat them on Twitter and tag @CBN.
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Thomthom(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2020
This issue of money disappearing in Nigeria Banks are becoming too much... CBN should do something about this.. This is why I bank anything as from 80k with microfinance Bank.... Since they forced ATM card on my wife.. Her Money is no longer the same again Today if she does not get debit alert of 1020 she go get debit alert for Recharge card wey she no apply for..Since she got ATM card fraudster come dey call her for ATM Last Four Digit Number I just tire for all this Our Nigeria Banks seriously.. The scam and fraud has entered inside Bank

3 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 16, 2020
omimigaius:
Hello Nairalanders!!
My name is NNANNA CLETUS.
I took a quick credit loan of about 180k on the 31/03/20 from Gtbank Agbara branch. 100k was fraudulently transferred out through Internet transfer (on 02/04/20)(by 00:31)to one CHIDERA VINCENT ANIGBO's UBA account within 48hours of receiving the money. .

The trouble is that I never registered my account on any internet banking/ bankApp platform, Yet someone used my information to register my account on bankApp, then scammed me.

This thing happened after I spoke to my account officer about my intentions to access the loan, that my account needed profiling. He asked for my account number and if it was opened in his branch, i said yes. He profiled the account and i accessed the money about 10hours later.

All my calls, mails to Gtbank customer care lines came with no response.
I have reported to the bank, filled forms but, nothing more came out for a week now.
I called the account officer on the incident day and, later met him when the lockdown was partially lifted.
He however denied any involvement in the fraud but, kept insisting that I must have divulged my details to someone.

I don't know how to contact CBN or any reliable Law Enforcement Agents for this case.
I am seriously suspecting an insider job in this matter..
PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!
talk to them on twitter
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by omimigaius(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2020
Stevecreativex:
No proof, nothing just only written content and figure....

Just say you are broke and you need money.
Ain't believing shit

[color=#000099][/color]

I wonder the kind of proof you want. I don't want to post my bank details on social media again. I only want to get information from those who knows the steps to take in recovering my money, and the appropriate quarters to contact.
You may doubt the possibility of someone registering another person's account number with a bankApp before scamming him. That is why I believe that the scammer is an insider. I spoke to my account officer and he checked my details before the SCAM happened few hours later.
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by OffsahBoye(m): 11:00pm On May 16, 2020
The rate of online scamming is high these days,
One thing that amazes me is how these scammers get one's details
am very sorry for you.keep your bank details,card Numbers, Security,OTP and pin safely.
And more so be careful of websites where you drop ur bank details for loan or any type of transaction,most of them sell the data's
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Gee001: 11:14pm On May 16, 2020
@omimigaius, go to twitter and make it public. Tag the bank, CBN, segalink and even efcc and watch how they'll run around looking for ways to remedy the situation. Banks usually don't like when you drag them publicly. They'll try talking to you via DM

Drag them like generator rope.

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by Edzy: 1:56am On May 17, 2020
please send a mail to cbn consumer protection. unit and copy the bank. make sure you detail everything that has happened.
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 7:34am On May 17, 2020
Omimigaius@ I think you called a scammer that claimed to be your account officer, how did you get the phone number you called for profiling or they called you and which code did you dialed from your phone to apply for quick loan, are you sure you did not dial the wrong code because in Nigeria now nothing is impossible, did you know the person as your account officer before this time or you knew him as your account officer during this period you are looking for quick loan. Is #180,000 loan to an individual without collateral not too much and you did not visit the bank, or may be you have a very good Relationship with your Bank. if I may ask, what do you do for a living, Age, Sex and your monthly turnover. I believe you are being economical with the truth.
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by omimigaius(m): 11:44am On May 17, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
AsabaPropertyAg:
Omimigaius@ I think you called a scammer that claimed to be your account officer, how did you get the phone number you called for profiling or they called you and which code did you dialed from your phone to apply for quick loan, are you sure you did not dial the wrong code because in Nigeria now nothing is impossible, did you know the person as your account officer before this time or you knew him as your account officer during this period you are looking for quick loan. Is #180,000 loan to an individual without collateral not too much and you did not visit the bank, or may be you have a very good Relationship with your Bank. if I may ask, what do you do for a living, Age, Sex and your monthly turnover. I believe you are being economical with the truth.

The account is my salary account. I went to the bank to make enquiry about the quick credit loan, and I was directed to the account officer. After few questions he profiled my Account and told me to try the quick credit code later in the day, it would be successful. That was how the money came.
The account officer was not on seat when I went to his office, his colleague gave me his phone number. But on my way out, someone "dressed like a bank official" walked passed me, I turned to look back, and that same colleague gave me sign that his is back.
It was when the SCAM happened I called him. He didn't know that I have his number.
Re: HELP!! My Gtbank Account Has Been Scammed. by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2020
I am sorry over your lost and don't be offended because of too many questions, I did not know that you are employed, I am very sorry.
omimigaius:
[color=#000099][/color]

The account is my salary account. I went to the bank to make enquiry about the quick credit loan, and I was directed to the account officer. After few questions he profiled my Account and told me to try the quick credit code later in the day, it would be successful. That was how the money came.
The account officer was not on seat when I went to his office, his colleague gave me his phone number. But on my way out, someone "dressed like a bank official" walked passed me, I turned to look back, and that same colleague gave me sign that his is back.
It was when the SCAM happened I called him. He didn't know that I have his number.

(1) (Reply)

Barry Jhay Arrested In Ghana For The Death Of His His Label Boss, Karshy / Herbalist Kidnapped In Delta By Internet Fraudsters She 'fortifies' With Charms / Gunmen Kill Popular OAP, Titus Badejo ‘Eja Nla’ In Ibadan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.