Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,494 members, 7,850,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? (847 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by sonmvayina(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2020
Is there any such thing like a genuine Christian?.. Me think it is an oxymoron...
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Happy sunday guys,you know,everything that has original also has a fake,so i'm creating this thread agains sunday.
who is a christian? a christian is one who is christlike in nature, one who identify himself with christ and have made christ lord over his life.
There are over 2.5 billion people who profess to be christians today.
but seriously out of this number some are only pretending to be a christians but they are not accepted by God.
Many nairalanders thinks going to church,paying tithes and bearing christian names qualifies you to be a christian,but no! it doesn't many nairalanders still post insultive comments,despise government,wished evil on mods who ban them,well if you are still living in sin great or little,you are not a christian.
if you want to be a christian you must ask for grace from God to be one.
Christians are:
Loving
Kind
gentle
humble
peaceful
generous
cheerful
and most of all holy.
if you don't posses all these,u are not christlike and certainly not a christian.

The bolded is IMPOSSIBLE Sir!

The qualities of God's holy spirit as mentioned in the Bible book of Galatians 5:22-23 is what God requires of each person before we can have everlasting life, but these qualities are far out of our reach because we only live within 70-80 years of sanity {Psalms 90:10} most people who lives longer do so with paranoia!

So God promised that he will allow Jesus to teach us without any distractions or hardship for 1,000 years {Revelations 20:4-6} during this period we will remain as youths, nothing like hardship, sickness, oldage or death throughout the earth, even Satan the promoter of confusion will have been rendered inactive! Revelations 20:1-3

It is after Jesus' 1,000 years reign that all survivors of that system will attain to the standard you're imagining not now!

But what is Christianity?

Christianity is the instruction establish by Jesus that will educate us to meet up with those requirements, so whoever enroll himself in the school will undergo the training program and such a person after he might have gotten the understanding of the whole setting needs to help others to enroll too. Christians are not yet perfect as in fit for all those qualities but they're already undergoing the process, that's why God said they will be the first set to be resurrected {1Thessalonians 4:16} 144,000 amongst them will be selected to rule with Jesus in heaven {Revelations 14:1 compare to Revelations 20:6} the rest will live on earth to continue assisting other to meet up with the requirements!

Some of those who lived before Christ will be selected for resurrection based on their dealings with God (if they know his rules and live by it) or by conscience (if they never had the privilege to know the true God). But whoever is alive during and after Jesus is in a big trouble because such a person must join Jesus' group otherwise no resurrection for him! John 3:16-18

That's what most people don't know today, Satan is making people feel that a Christian must be perfect like Jesus but that's not possible, Jesus has spent billions of years with his father in heaven before he could cultivate all those qualities. Mankind is born, bread and brought up in sin! Romans 5:12

So it's not possible for any of us to meet up with those qualities within the little lifespan of 70-80 years with so much distractions ranging from personal health issues, financial crisis, temptations and so on! Romans 7:21-25

That's why Jesus prayed fervently to God to send his holy spirit to assist Christians {John 14:26} so even when imperfection is affecting one Christian as long as the holy spirit is working with them, another Christian will wake him up from his spiritual slumber {Luke 22:31} so those qualities will be permeating the gathering of true Christians and everyone will see it and testify to it but instead of asking "why is it that it's only this group that has all these qualities?" Galatians 5:22-23
The false reasoning that 'each of them is lacking some of the qualities' will confuse observers!
If you study the Bible carefully, you can never find one single servant of God that possessed all those nine qualities except Jesus, that's why all those who knew him inside out concluded that he must be the son of the one and only personality who has all those qualities (GOD)! Matthew 16:16
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On May 17, 2020
sonmvayina:
Is there any such thing like a genuine Christian?.. Me think it is an oxymoron...
Depends
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

Yes .... Should we continue in sin that grace may abide...He says God forbids it....,

For whatsoever a man sows so shall he reap.....
It says we should continue in our good works so that our tommorow will be great
Grace does not erase the consequences of your wickedness/sin
exactly
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Yes, believe in the one who He, God, hath sent, and that includes doing what He tells you to do. But Jesus told you what It would take for you to even become His follower. If you refuse to do what He, Jesus, tells you to do, does that then mean you have believed in the one that God sent?

The work of believing the one that God sent you involves you actually OBEYING THE COMMANDS of the one that God sent.
In the old testament, God called on his people to OBEY HIS COMMANDS, and we all know how that went. So in the NT, God sends Jesus Christ and asks you to believe on him. And then Jesus tells you that if you love Him, you will OBEY HIS COMMANDS.

Sure, who ever believes in HIM, and HIM being Jesus then tells you that if you love me, YOU WILL OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS. Isn't it amazing! And there are about 46 of those commandments for you to obey you know.

But back to the original question, Jesus never said that if you only believe in Him, you will be one of His. Confessing our sins to him is not even one of his commands, so why do we continue to do that which have no bearing to His truth?
actually, there are targets or aims to achieve in everything we do, that is life for you.
There is an ultimate aim for believing in Christ and that is eternal life. John 3:16
There is another aim or reasons why we should keep the commandments which is totally different from eternal life and that has nothing to do with eternal life, but rather, it guarantee success and a better and happy living on this earth. That's why Jesus Christ emphasized on keeping the commandments which is the same thing as love your neighbour as yourself. That certainly will never take anyone to eternal life when they die, but it only guarantee a better and happy life on this earth.

Even unbelievers who don't believe in Christ when they keep these commandments they will live happily, but that doesn't mean they are saved into eternal life when they die.

Having said that, there is nothing like a genuine or fake Christian. Infact, every Christians commit sin, but that doesn't mean they are sinners in the eyes of God.
But guess who is a sinner in the eyes of God?
That person who refuses to believe that Jesus is the Christ, no matter what good he does he is sinner until he believes.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
That's why Jesus Christ emphasized on keeping the commandments which is the same thing as love your neighbour as yourself. That certainly will never take anyone to eternal life when they die, but it only guarantee a better and happy life on this earth.
That is not why Jesus emphasized the keeping of his commandments. Jesus brought to man a new covenant and part of that covenant are about 46 commands that those who make the contract with Him are required to OBEY. Even if you are willing to die like the disciples and apostles of the first age did, you still need to OBEY those commandments for you to be a recipient of that covenant that Jesus represents.

The commandments of Christ are not simply the same thing as Love your neighbor as yourself! I suggest you go back to the gospels and read each book paying attention to the commandments of Christ. There are about 46 of them, and you best get to learning what they are and how you can begin to incorporate them into your so-called Christian life, if you really intend to partake of the covenant that is Jesus.

Be reminded that our righteousness(not just the righteousness of the ones we like to call sinners/unbelievers) is nothing but filthy rags as far as God is concerned. So be sure that without first becoming a follower of Christ, your show of love to anyone equates to the love shown by an atheist to their fellow man....:-/
paxonel:

Having said that, there is nothing like a genuine or fake Christian. Infact, every Christians commit sin, but that doesn't mean they are sinners in the eyes of God.
But guess who is a sinner in the eyes of God?
That person who refuses to believe that Jesus is the Christ, no matter what good he does he is sinner until he believes.
Since this is about those who claim to be believers, there are those who are genuine and fake Christians.
1 John 2 vs 3-5 tells you that those who do not OBEY CHRIST's COMMANDS are liars(the fakes).

1 John 2 vs 3-5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4 If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth is not in us.
5 But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6 If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 17, 2020
Maximus69:

The bolded is IMPOSSIBLE Sir!

The qualities of God's holy spirit as mentioned in the Bible book of Galatians 5:22-23 is what God requires of each person before we can have everlasting life, but these qualities are far out of our reach because we only live within 70-80 years of sanity {Psalms 90:10} most people who lives longer do so with paranoia!

So God promised that he will allow Jesus to teach us without any distractions or hardship for 1,000 years {Revelations 20:4-6} during this period we will remain as youths, nothing like hardship, sickness, oldage or death throughout the earth, even Satan the promoter of confusion will have been rendered inactive!
holiness is very possible.christ has made it possible through,christ destroyed sin.matthew 5:48 be ye therefore perfect,even as your father in heaven is perfect. all are possible,read ur bible well and pray 4 GOD guidance.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 7:14pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That is not why Jesus emphasized the keeping of his commandments. Jesus brought to man a new covenant and part of that covenant are about 46 commands that those who make the contract with Him are required to OBEY. Even if you are willing to die like the disciples and apostles of the first age did, you still need to OBEY those commandments for you to be a recipient of that covenant that Jesus represents.

The commandments of Christ are not simply the same thing as Love your neighbor as yourself! I suggest you go back to the gospels and read each book paying attention to the commandments of Christ. There are about 46 of them, and you best get to learning what they are and how you can begin to incorporate them into your so-called Christian life, if you really intend to partake of the covenant that is Jesus.

Be reminded that our righteousness(not just the righteousness of the ones we like to call sinners/unbelievers) is nothing but filthy rags as far as God is concerned. So be sure that without first becoming a follower of Christ, your show of love to anyone equates to the love shown by an atheist to their fellow man....:-/

Since this is about those who claim to be believers, there are those who are genuine and fake Christians.
1 John 2 vs 3-5 tells you that those who do not OBEY CHRIST's COMMANDS are liars(the fakes).
I have two questions to ask;
1. Is there any scripture that shows the 46 commands of Jesus? Mention atleast one of such scripture, I want to see the content of it.
2. To you, who is a Christian and how is Christian different from an unbeliever? (Back your answers with scriptures)
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
christians don't revenge offences,
christians don't abuse government.
christians don't troll celebs on social media
Says who? You?
Christthesaviour:

christians don't fight
christians don't insult each other or other people anywhere.

I bet the Pharisees felt complemented whenever Jesus called them HYPOCRITES, huh? When John the Baptist called the Pharisees "broods of vipers" was he also complementing them? undecided

Give up on telling others what they can or cannot do by you!
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
I have two questions to ask;
1. Is there any scripture that shows the 46 commands of Jesus?
Yes, the gospels of Christ
paxonel:

2. To you, who is a Christian and how is Christian different from an unbeliever? (Back your answers with scriptures)
Not according to me, according to Christ, the one who is His are those who OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS.

I am backing all this with Scripture... start by reading the book of Matthew, as you would any other book, paying close attending to the words and COMMANDS of Christ. You will find that He did not simply speak so you could have verses you can cut-and-paste on chat forums. No His words were details of the COVENANT (The blessings, curses, commandments -- the truth)which HE came to bring us
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Yes, the gospels of Christ
I say one scripture of the gospel.

Not according to me, according to Christ, the one who is His are those who OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS.

I am backing all this with Scripture... start by reading the book of Matthew, as you would any other book, paying close attending to the words and COMMANDS of Christ. You will find that He did not simply speak so you could have verses you can cut-and-paste on chat forums. No His words were details of the COVENANT (The blessings, curses, commandments -- the truth)which HE came to bring us
grin grin grin grin
It's ok, thank you grin
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
I say one scripture of the gospel.
46 commands in one scripture? Sorry, CONTEXT matters! That is why you gain a lot more from reading to whole book. I mean I assume you have been a "Christian" for more than a minute now. If you had no idea what the commands were to this point, what do you think makes you even a "Christian"? Your claim that you are saved? undecided undecided
paxonel:

grin grin grin grin
It's ok, thank you grin
Here's what John the apostle said of those who do not even Obey Jesus' commandS.
1 John 2 vs 3-5
3 If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4 If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth(Jesus Christ) is not in us.
5 But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6 If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

46 commands in one scripture? Sorry, CONTEXT matters! That is why you gain a lot more from reading to whole book. I mean I assume you have been a "Christian" for more than a minute now. If you had no idea what the commands were to this point, what do you think makes you even a "Christian"? Your claim that you are saved? undecided undecided

Here's what John the apostle said of those who do not even Obey Jesus' commandS.
ok, thank you.
I already know who you are grin grin grin
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
ok, thank you.
I already know who you are grin grin grin
I never said anything about my person, so how can claim to know who I am ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 6:34am On May 18, 2020
Smkinhawt:

Instead of wasting your energy in nairaland to preach to people that only end up arguing with you, why don't u take your 'fire' for God to do morning cry or preach in prisons where u can convert many to Christ. How many souls have u won on nairaland? Don't be dumb. U are doing all this to clear your conscience. Go to the field where the harvest is ripe. No one will take u serious here. To me, u are a joker
Don't chase him away yet! wait till after I have gotten my own turn abeg! grin
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 18, 2020
Christthesaviour:
holiness is very possible.christ has made it possible through,christ destroyed sin.matthew 5:48 be ye therefore perfect,even as your father in heaven is perfect. all are possible,read ur bible well and pray 4 GOD guidance.

It will be possible but not in this dispensation Sir!

You'll notice that you don't know how or where to quote in your Bible when i asked you to name one single perfect servant of God in the Bible apart from Jesus!

Jesus himself confirmed it that all those whom we thought are servants of God never qualified for God's Kingdom yet! Matthew 11:11

Please it's not a wishful thinking, you can never find one single person who is perfect in the Bible except Jesus!

Though God granted Christians amnesty due to his undeserved kindness (grace), that's why Jesus could promise them that they will be taken to the place where perfect creatures lives (heaven) {John 14:1-4} that never meant anyone can be perfect now until after Christ's 1,000 years reign! Revelations 20:5

Even amongst the Christians God is the one NOT Jesus who will grant the amnesty {Matthew 20:20-23} so that they could put on perfection at resurrection! 1Corinthians 15:42-44

God bless you! smiley
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 18, 2020
Maximus69:

It will be possible but not in this dispensation Sir!

You'll notice that you don't know how or where to quote in your Bible when i asked you to name one single perfect servant of God in the Bible apart from Jesus!

Jesus himself confirmed it that all those whom we thought are servants of God never qualified for God's Kingdom yet! Matthew 11:11

Please it's not a wishful thinking, you can never find one single person who is perfect in the Bible except Jesus!

Though God granted Christians amnesty due to his undeserved kindness (grace), that's why Jesus could promise them that they will be taken to the place where perfect creatures lives (heaven) {John 14:1-4} that never meant anyone can be perfect now until after Christ's 1,000 years reign! Revelations 20:5
example of a man who was perfect is enoch,john said we love him because we keep his commandment are not grievous.God will not command you to do what you can't do.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 18, 2020
Christthesaviour:
example of a man who was perfect is enoch,john said we love him because we keep his commandment are not grievous.God will not command you to do what you can't do.

Enoch? Did you say Enoch?

Well let me remind you that Jesus is the only begotten son of God, the one who came from God as in from heaven gan gan gan!

Jesus said "no man has been to heaven before" John 3:13

Paul said "all of us have sinned and fall short of God's glory" Romans 3:23

This means we don't merit his standard!

Please it's after 1,000 years of intensive training under Jesus that we can attain the required standard, for now all what God is asking from you and i is "are you ready for the training?"
If so you must subject yourself to his arrangement which Jesus established in the first century, think for a moment, why do you think Jesus promised a condemned criminal Paradise? Luke 23:20-23

Well it's because the thief begged Jesus and called him King, meaning he is ready to start taking instructions from Jesus!

So Jesus never promised this their heaven as misinformed churchgoers thougth, but Paradise on earth where Christians will be of help to teach this thief all that Jesus has commanded! Matthew 28:19-20

God bless you! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Those Without The Holy Spirit Can Hardly Understand The Word Of GOD. / Which Comes First: Repentance Or Faith? / 34 Hilarious Photos Of Nigerian Church Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.