Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (14462 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
In the Bible, we saw God's people who were in the government. We have countries whose political system is not as complex as that of Nigeria. Now, can a Genuine Christian be a politician in Nigeria? with this corruption is it possible, and how?

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by EmptyGarden(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
NO.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
philanthropic:
In the Bible, we saw God's people who were in the government. We have countries whose political system is not as complex as that of Nigeria. Now, can a Genuine Christian be a politician in Nigeria? with this corruption is it possible, and how?
The answer to that is No. Regardless of what you read of in the Old Testament, in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ declared it a sin for any follower of His to occupy a position of power/ leadership over the others, in much the same way as is obtained in the World we live in. undecided

So, you will not find a born again Christian occupying position of leadership or authority over people( other followers of Jesus Christ included) because it is against God to do so. undecided

Matthew 20 vs 20-28 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Then Zebedee’s wife came to Jesus and brought her sons. She bowed before Jesus and asked him to do something for her.
21. Jesus said, “What do you want?”
She said, “Promise that one of my sons will sit at your right side in your kingdom and the other at your left.”

22. So Jesus said to the sons, “You don’t understand what you are asking. Can you drink from the cup[a] that I must drink from?”
The sons answered, “Yes, we can!”

23. Jesus said to them, “It is true that you will drink from the cup that I drink from. But it is not for me to say who will sit at my right or my left. My Father has decided who will do that. He has prepared those places for them.”
24. The other ten followers heard this and were angry with the two brothers.
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Robbit: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The answer to that is No. Regardless of what you read of in the Old Testament, in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ declared it a sin for any follower of His to occupy a position of power/ leadership over the others, in much the same way as is obtained in the World we live in. undecided

So, you will not find a born again Christian occupying position of leadership or authority over people( other followers of Jesus Christ included) because it is against God to do so. undecided

Stop quoting scriptures multiplying words without wisdom

Go do research on :

1. Prophet Isaiah

2. Prophet Jeremiah

3. Daniel

4. Shedrack, Mes... And Abednego

5. Samson

6. Jehu

7. David

8. Nehemiah

9. Joshua, Book of Zechariah

10. Joseph

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Robbit: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
philanthropic:

Yes. Possible and acceptable. Check the book of Zechariah. Joshua. Check the life of David

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by kkins25(m): 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Abeg where the evidence?

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
Robbit:
Stop quoting scriptures multiplying words without wisdom

Go do research on :

1. Prophet Isaiah
2. Prophet Jeremiah
3. Daniel
4. Shed rack, Mes... And Abednego
5. Samson
6. Jehu
7. David
First thing you need to do is learn how to read, working on your comprehension skills while you are at it. undecided

Secondly, you need to apply those newfound comprehension skills in reading the Bible so you are not easily deceived by ordinary men who have just one head like you do. undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by EvilPOTATO(m): 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
If you leave the wicked and unjust to rule over you just because you feel you are a genuine Christian, then you are in trouble

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Robbit: 11:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First thing you need to do is learn how to read, working on your comprehension skills while you are at it. undecided

Secondly, you need to apply those newfound comprehension skills in reading the Bible so you are not easily deceived by ordinary men who have just one head like you do. undecided

I don't have your time. Levels seperate extraordinary from ordinary

Enjoy

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
EvilPOTATO:
If you leave the wicked and unjust to rule over you just because you feel you are a genuine Christian, then you are in trouble
Actually, it is when you feel you cannot Trust God's word that you resort to lying in order to convince yourself that in disobeying God you instead make things better for you and eventually God. undecided

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
Robbit:

I don't have your time. Levels seperate extraordinary from ordinary
Enjoy
Oh, I see you are chuck full of the deceit that is false teachers and prophets there. In the Kingdom of God, those who are extraordinary are instead those who serves as slaves to the rest. undecided
Jesus Christ told you this in the same context, but since you skipped the first memo, why not skip them all, right? undecided

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Then Zebedee’s wife came to Jesus and brought her sons. She bowed before Jesus and asked him to do something for her.
She said, “Promise that one of my sons will sit at your right side in your kingdom and the other at your left.”

22. So Jesus said to the sons, “You don’t understand what you are asking. Can you drink from the cup[a] that I must drink from?”

23. Jesus said to them, “It is true that you will drink from the cup that I drink from. But it is not for me to say who will sit at my right or my left. My Father has decided who will do that. He has prepared those places for them.”
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”
See, Jesus Christ even tells you that to be first, you have to be a slave/servant to everyone else, just like He was.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
kkins25:
Abeg where the evidence?
Context is king!

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by kkins25(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Context is king!
you're not serious
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Robbit: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
kkins25:
you're not serious

Don't waste precious invaluable time on people with stiffnecked attitude

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
kkins25:
you're not serious
I am serious!

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:00am On Mar 28, 2021
God never intended for humans to rule humans {Jeremiah 10:23} because it will never yield any positive result due to nepotism {Ecclesiastes 4:1, 8:9} that's why Samuel agitated when Israelites (God's own people) demanded for a human King {1Samuel 8:5-6} there God made a notable statement that for the Israelites to have demanded for a king it simply means they have REJECTED God's system of rulership so God told them what will eventually become of the kings that will rule them! 1Samuel 8:11-18

So politics has nothing to do with God even his own people that demanded for human rulers regretted it heavily. When Jesus walked the earth he made us understand why it's wrong for God's people to participate in politics, Satan has been ruling through the majority that has always been on his side {Luke 4:6-8} that's why Jesus refused to participate in the political affairs of his first century contemporaries {John 6:15} he made it clear that Satan is the overall ruler of the world! John 14:30 compare to 2Corinthians 4:4

God's servants participated in the political affairs of other nations like Babylon and Persia but they were slaves in those land who have no choice. When Christ established Christianity none of his followers attempted politics because Jesus instilled in them that they are not part of this worldly government {John 17:16} so their own government is not of this source! John 18:36

So whenever or wherever you see anybody in Politics know that they're serving under Satan the Devil {Matthew 4:8-9} that's why they practice all sorts of evil things both publicly and in secret so Jesus is coming to exterminate them all! Daniel 2:44

May you have PEACE!

philanthropic:

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Pecuman: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2021
Lol, no.

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Pecuman:
Lol, no.
very sure?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by CyberHustle: 4:14am On Mar 28, 2021
Yes and they should.

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 28, 2021
Yes.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:19am On Mar 28, 2021
Why not?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by orunto27: 7:18am On Mar 28, 2021
GOD GIVES OBASANJO TO PROVE THIS POINT.

OBASANJO IS AN ENGINEER, A SOLDIER, A POLITICIAN AND NOW A PROFESSOR IN CHRISTIANITY.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by AntiChristian: 7:43am On Mar 28, 2021
orunto27:
GOD GIVES OBASANJO TO PROVE THIS POINT.

OBASANJO IS AN ENGINEER, A SOLDIER, A POLITICIAN AND NOW A PROFESSOR IN CHRISTIANITY.

That's why he turned Nigeria to Dubai!

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by CodeTemplar: 7:52am On Mar 28, 2021
Yes. Joseph was in govt, Daniel too. Paul was a rising civil servant before his conversion.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by orunto27: 8:08am On Mar 28, 2021
AntiChristian:

That's why he turned Nigeria to Dubai!

AND BUHARI IS CHANGING IT TO SAHEL.

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by veekid(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2021
Laye laye laye laye laye laye
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by thoollz: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2021
No, you have to be evil before joining Nigerian politics.

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by freeborn02: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Your reasoning is absurd

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Pele10: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2021
How can a thief and a pathetic liar be a genuine Christian?

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by SEGLIZ: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2021
Yes it is possible.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by imolile: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2021
NO. A Christian is a subject of Christ, Christ is his or Her forerunner, The Perfect example for a True Christian, Christ Lived up all the best example and was never involved in anything that concern this world. His mission was to seek and to save those who are Lost For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:  1 Peter 2;21 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19;10

A True Christian has no business in Politic,
He is a Warrior, He is on the King's Highway (Jesus) Just like the analogy of Moses in Num 21:21-22  And Israel sent messengers unto Sihon king of the Amorites, saying, 
Let me pass through thy land: we will not turn into the fields, or into the vineyards; we will not drink of the waters of the well: but we will go along by the king's high way, until we be past thy borders.  Mark the word, THE KING'S HIGHWAY,

Politics is an entanglement, Christian are not called to be a Politician. They are called to be examples of Jesus "No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. " 2 Timothy 2:4

A TRUE CHRISTIAN HAS NO BUSSINESS IN POLITIC. whatever Jesus never did, Jesus never commanded and that is why Prominent Politician were coming to Jesus by night because the society they belong does not allow them to be identified fully with Jesus. Nicodemus, Joseph of Arimatea
Jesus was not apologetic when he told the rich young Ruler that truth Matthew 19:21

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2021
Difficult , even if osinbanjo is not looting our money which I believe it's can never happened, he loot too and reloot too , incase otherwise if he claimed to be saint , him silent and washing some groups loot over 200 millions people head ,endangering their future ,making them go in to bandit,yahoo Yahoo,olosho and even some who try to stay clean end up committing suicide is enough to guarantee him hell fire, provided if hell even exist in the first place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / Describe The Mental Image Of God You Had As A Child

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52