Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,687 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Tithe In The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe In The Church (636 Views)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On May 18, 2020
petra1:

Verse 9 was for the nation period
Sure, a reference to the whole nation is found in verse 9, but the receivers of the message was not indicated there.

God was known to punish the whole nation whenever there was sin found especially among the leaders. In Malachi, God goes into details of how the Levites had corrupted his law and allowed sin all over the land. So it would make sense that the nation would be punished in verse 9.
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 6:24am On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Sure, a reference to the whole nation is found in verse 9, but the receivers of the message was not.

God was known to punish the whole nation whenever there was sin found especially among the leaders. In Malachi, God goes into details of how the Levites had corrupted his law and allowed sin all over the land. So it would make sense that the nation would be punished in verse 9.

I dont see a big deal here . This is not the first time God has addressed multiple people in a prophecy. When he addressed the priest he mentioned it. When he addressed the nation he mentioned it. Jeremiah addressed the people and leaders as well

Malachi 1:1
​ The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

In his message to Israel he addressed the people, he addressed the priests
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 6:43am On May 18, 2020
petra1:

I dont see a big deal here . This is not the first time God has addressed multiple people in a prophecy. When he addressed the priest he mentioned it. When he addressed the nation he mentioned it. Jeremiah addressed the people and leaders as well

Malachi 1:1
​ The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

In his message to Israel he addressed the people, he addressed the priests
Anyways, Do take time to study the very laws for which you have signed the eternity of your soul to the obedience of. At least make sure that what you are following today is exactly what God commanded you to in the Old Covenant. Make sure what you are doing is exactly as stipulated in the covenant, or it is worthless to Him, and ultimately to you.
One thing I have learnt about the God of the Bible is that He is an ALL OR NOTHING GOD. It's His way or the Highway for anyone who wants what He offers and Promises .... He didn't bend His laws for His beloved Israel, and He certain will not bend it for any man.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: “Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command: ‘Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you.’

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quenching The Rage Of Occultic Powers : Day 21 / Something Greater Than Men Celebrating Your Birthday / Why Do We Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.