Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Tithe In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe In The Church (626 Views)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Bishop Oyedepo: I Cart My Tithe In Trailer Loads To God / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe In The Church by evanvick: 8:56am On May 17, 2020
Alot has been deliberated on tithe in the church but it seems some pastors still won't agree that tithe is archaic ways of worshipping God. I believe in offering, I believe in supporting the work of God and even sowing of seed. Some pastors even tame it that if you don't pay your tithe, you have committed sin. I don't know how true is this. Can someone tell me here that if you don't pay tithe you v committed sin? Please be gentle with me because I want to learn.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Oluromantic: 9:30am On May 17, 2020
To be best of my knowledge, God is archaic.

But I have a question for you. Why do you think tithing is archaic?
Re: Tithe In The Church by evanvick: 10:45am On May 17, 2020
Tithes are for the levites. Do we still have levites today?
Re: Tithe In The Church by Sunmolar(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2020
it's a sin if you know that tithing is good & refuses to pay.

you're owing that's why you PAY.

But offering is GIVEN cheerfully at free will
Re: Tithe In The Church by davidinchrist(m): 1:27pm On May 17, 2020
evanvick:
Alot has been deliberated on tithe in the church but it seems some pastors still won't agree that tithe is archaic ways of worshipping God. I believe in offering, I believe in supporting the work of God and even sowing of seed. Some pastors even tame it that if you don't pay your tithe, you have committed sin. I don't know how true is this. Can someone tell me here that if you don't pay tithe you v committed sin? Please be gentle with me because I want to learn.

Friend, check this post down below if you haven't seen it yet; tithing is No.7:

https://www.nairaland.com/5838308/some-common-lies-false-pastors

Feel free to get back to me, IF need be.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
evanvick:
Did Jesus tell you to listen to persons who call themselves pastors? Or did He, Jesus, not command you to Obey His commandments? undecided undecided undecided

At some point, you have to decide who you will listen to, Your pastors/prophets/men of God or Jesus Himself. You cannot listen to both - You cannot serve two masters. grin
Re: Tithe In The Church by chijokz(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
evanvick:
No mention of Yahshua and his Apostles preaching or collecting tithes. Giving to the poor and less privileged was what was preached and emphasized. But pastorpreneurs preach 10% of your income + offering should be transferred to their various bank accounts.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Mydockay: 6:04pm On May 17, 2020
HOW WILL THE GOSPEL BE SPREAD THEN.... GO AND GIVE GOD YOUR MONEY PHYSICALLY NA
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:
HOW WILL THE GOSPEL BE SPREAD THEN.... GO AND GIVE GOD YOUR MONEY PHYSICALLY NA

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.
27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.
28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.
If you disregard his command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there. tongue
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 8:46pm On May 17, 2020
evanvick:
Tithes are for the levites. Do we still have levites today?

Was Melchizedek a Levite ? Tithe existed before the Levite’s . And there’s no place God commanded it to end . If offering is still valid , tithe is still valid . God says you rob me in offering and tithe . You can’t chose one above the other. As long as there’s a high priest . Christ is our high priest in the order of Melchizedek
Re: Tithe In The Church by Mydockay: 8:48pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If you disregard his command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there. tongue

NA YOU KNOW.... NA HEAVEN BODY GO FOR TELL YOU.... GIVER NEVER LACKS ESPECIALLY FOR THE KINGDOM....
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2020
chijokz:

No mention of Yahshua and his Apostles preaching or collecting tithes.

No mention they collected offering either so we should not give to God at all then .
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

NA YOU KNOW.... NA HEAVEN BODY GO FOR TELL YOU.... GIVER NEVER LACKS ESPECIALLY FOR THE KINGDOM....
Giver never lacks? What good is a giver who belittles God's Commandments?

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

And what good is a giver who does not OBEY God's own Commands as God stipulated? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Was Melchizedek a Levite ? Tithe existed before the Levite’s . And there’s no place God commanded it to end . If offering is still valid , tithe is still valid . God says you rob me in offering and tithe . You can’t chose one above the other. As long as there’s a high priest . Christ is our high priest in the order of Melchizedek
I believe you are miscontruing Paul's argument where He introduced Melchizedek. Paul never actually said that Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek.. after all Melchizedek was a King, and not an actual priest of Israel either. So, yeah!

The old testament covenant, which include the laws on tithing, were defined by God after Moses( not before).
I say you stick to what God stipulates and you won't go astray
Re: Tithe In The Church by Mydockay: 9:14pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I believe you are miscontruing Paul's argument where He introduced Melchizedek. [s]Paul never actually said that Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek..[/s]after all Melchizedek was a King, and not an actual priest of Israel either. So, yeah!

The old testament covenant, which include the laws on tithing, were defined by God after the LEVITES were made priests( not before).

HOW DO YOU EVEN THINK CHURCHES FUND ONLINE TV CHANNELS, CRUSADES, OUTREACHES, ORPHANAGE AND CHARITY

WE GIVE TITHE TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF GOD

YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR ROLE AS CHRISTIAN.

YOU'VE PROBABLY NOT WON A SOUL TO CHRIST TOO.

YOU JUST WANT TO AVOID HELL...

WELL.. YOU ARE IN FOR A BIG SHOCK
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 9:23pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

. Paul never actually said that Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek.

You don’t need to Paul to tell you that . The Bible was clear

Genesis 14:20
. . . And he gave him tithes of all.

Secondly Paul did say so

Hebrews 7:6
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

after all Melchizedek was a King, and not an actual priest of Israel either. So, yeah!

He was a king and a priest

Genesis 14:18
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

The old testament covenant, which include the laws on tithing, were defined by God after Moses( not before).

Tithes and offerings are eternal principles . If offering is the valid . Tithe is still valid . There’s never a place God put and end to either
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

You don’t need to Paul to tell you that . The Bible was clear

Actually it was Paul that made the parallel which you referenced earlier. And no, Abraham gave a tenth of his booty from war to Melchizedek who welcomed him, Abraham, back from war with bread and wine. grin
petra1:

Secondly Paul did say so
Hebrews 7:6
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

He was a king and a priest
Of a land that is not Israel. grin grin
petra1:

Genesis 14:18
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

He was not a priest of Israel. And anyone who reads the Bible will tell you that the Law of sin and death was a covenant between God and His people, Israel - Abraham was not a descendant of Israel.And paul was clear in his address in the book of Hebrew that He was not saying the Law of Sin and Death should be stretched back to include the ancestors of the Isrealites grin grin
petra1:

Tithes and offerings are eternal principles . If offering is the valid . Tithe is still valid . There’s never a place God put and end to either
Eternal as it was applied in the CONTRACT between God and Israel! The Old Contract is still valid... Jesus only fulfilled it for those who are ready to receive the NEW CONTRACT which is Himself. Those of you who would rather cling to the old are still in business.
Only remember what Jesus said about not putting "new Wine into old Wine Skin" grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithe In The Church by Mydockay: 9:50pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Actually it was Paul that made the parallel which you referenced earlier. And no, Abraham gave a tenth of his booty from war to Melchizedek who welcomed him, Abraham, back from war with bread and wine. grin

He was not a priest of Israel. And anyone who reads the Bible will tell you that the Law of sin and death was a covenant between God and His people, Israel - Abraham was not a descendant of Israel.And paul was clear in his address in the book of Hebrew that He was not saying the Law of Sin and Death should be stretched back to include the ancestors of the Isrealites grin grin

Eternal as it was applied in the CONTRACT between God and Israel! The Old Contract is still valid... Jesus only fulfilled it for those who are ready to receive the NEW CONTRACT which is Himself. Those of you who would rather cling to the old are still in business.
Only remember what Jesus said about not putting "new Wine into old Wine Skin" grin grin grin grin

JESUS SAYS GIVE ME YOUR LIFE... YOU THINK THAT EXCLUDES YOUR MONEY?

REMEMBER NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS EITHER YOU SERVE GOD OR YOU SERVE MAMMON WHICH IS MONEY - TRANSLATE ..... IF YOU ARE NOT FAITHFUL IN THE WORDLY MAMMON WHO WILL GIVE TO YOU HEAVENLY RICHES?

Luke 16: 11. If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

If you don't pay tithe... You think God who you're robbing will let you into heaven and give you eternal riches? What have you done?
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 10:01pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I thought you like to stick with written word . Don’t Change now . If God says it’s tithe don’t change it for sake of argument . Tithe is a spiritual oblation and it’s given of all income

Genesis 28:22
. . .and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Luke 18:12
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

It’s not limited to Isreal . It’s a kingdom principle

- Abraham was not a descendant of Israel.And paul was clear in his address in the book of Hebrew that He was not saying the Law of Sin and Death should be stretched back to include the ancestors of the Isrealites grin grin

The new testament is offshoot of Abrahamic covenant . Do you know who Abraham is? He is the father of faith . We are his children .

Romans 4:16.
. . but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

He is not father of the law but father of faith . His justification was not based on the law but covenant of faith

Romans 4:12
And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

JESUS SAYS GIVE ME YOUR LIFE... YOU THINK THAT EXCLUDES YOUR MONEY?
REMEMBER NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS EITHER YOU SERVE GOD OR YOU SERVE MAMMON WHICH IS MONEY - TRANSLATE ..... IF YOU ARE NOT FAITHFUL IN THE WORDLY MAMMON WHO WILL GIVE TO YOU HEAVENLY RICHES?
Luke 16: 11. If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
If you don't pay tithe... You think God who you're robbing will let you into heaven and give you eternal riches? What have you done?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.
27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.
28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.
What good if your tithing if it is not in agreement with the way God said you should tithe to Him? Are you not already serving another master there if you are not tithing according to how God said you should? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tithe In The Church by Mydockay: 10:06pm On May 17, 2020

WHERE IS THIS SPECIAL PLACE THE LORD HAS CHOSEN
Re: Tithe In The Church by chijokz(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

No mention they collected offering either so we should not give to God at all then .
I give according to how Yahshua taught us to give - the poor, the widows, the homeless, the sick, the orphans, etc.

1 Like

Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

WHERE IS THIS SPECIAL PLACE THE LORD HAS CHOSEN
Eventually, it was Jerusalem(the temple that was built by Solomon).
Re: Tithe In The Church by Mydockay: 10:18pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Eventually, it was Jerusalem(the temple that was built by Solomon).

WHY HAVEN'T YOU GONE THERE TO EAT YOUR MONEY AND BUY DRINKS grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

WHY HAVEN'T YOU GONE THERE TO EAT YOUR MONEY AND BUY DRINKS grin cheesy cheesy
Because when Jesus FULFILLED the requirements for the OLD TESTAMENTS, all He then asked those who would follow Him to do is to adopt the new Commandments (about 46 of them) which He has given them as His new Covenant.
I exchanged the old rules for His new Rules.
Plus, the house of God is no longer in Jerusalem. "The temple of God" is now in the hearts of those who love Him and Obey His commandments.

John 14 vs 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 11:21pm On May 17, 2020
evanvick:
tithe is archaic ways of worshipping God. I believe in offering,

Why chose one above the other ? God didnt . If offering is valid, tithe should be valid .

Malachi 3:8
. . .Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Why chose one above the other ? God didnt . If offering is valid, tithe should be valid .

Malachi 3:8
. . .Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

If you could spare some time, and did some real reading in the Book of the Laws, you would find that the If you come to the realization that in fact the book of Malachi is directed at the Levites, who Jesus later called thieves & murderers. Remember Deuteronomy 14 vs 22-28? There you find how the tithe gets to the hands of the levites.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On May 17, 2020

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13 You must say to the Lord your God, ‘I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14 I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15 Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land—a land filled with many good things.’
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 11:55pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

. . the book of Malachi is directed at the Levites,

He gave the Levite led their messsge . He gave the nation their message . From verse 7 he was addressing the nation .

Malachi 3:9
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On May 18, 2020

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 The Lord said to Moses,
26 “Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27 That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28 In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29 When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.
Re: Tithe In The Church by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On May 18, 2020
petra1:

He gave the Levite led their messsge . He gave the nation their message . From verse 7 he was addressing the nation .

Malachi 3:9
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation.
Where do you see God switching message recipients in or before verse 7?
Re: Tithe In The Church by petra1(m): 5:08am On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Where do you see God switching message recipients in or before verse 7?

Verse 9 was for the nation period

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should a True Church mix with the World? / How Endsars Exposed Traditional Religion / Us Senate Chaplain Quotes Tb Joshua Prophecy In Closing Prayer Of Biden Certific

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.