Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,785 members, 7,837,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

NAFDAC & NCDC Is Doing The Best They Can, Please Lets Be Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC & NCDC Is Doing The Best They Can, Please Lets Be Patient (170 Views)

NCDC Is Lying To NIGERIAN / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC / 5 Nurses Caught Viewing Size Of Dead Patient's Manhood In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NAFDAC & NCDC Is Doing The Best They Can, Please Lets Be Patient by fidelson(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2020
Had a brief chat to chat with my Doctor Friend (Na my Snr bros oh) about this Agbo trending from Madagascar & i learnt the following.

1. U.S has FDA Nigeria has Nafdac, before any drug can be approved for the citizens it must be endorse by the Agency. You don't just buy tonic, drugs or syrup & start distributing it without confirming the Efficacy of the drug, the side effect & the content.

2. Humans abuse drugs, so will take it without prescription. I might take procold for cold & it works for me doesnt not give me the power of a Physician to prescribe it for another person, what if the person is alergic to it.

3. Going to take Artesunate too often because i want to prevent malaria will make my body resistance to the said drug when its needed the most. You don't take drugs anyhow or when ever you like.

4. These Herbal concoction mist be tested to know those who are fit to take it, some people could have another sickness that is alergic to the tonic, it could trigger reaction. Sometimes you see Worm medicine with written waening that children below some certain Age should not take it, sometimes its adviced that pregnant women should avoid deworming.

5. Dosage of administration will be spelt out after been subjected to test by Nafdac; so far nobody has said anything about the miligram to be taken, is it 5 mil or 10 mil & how many times daily, what are the side effects patient should watch out for? e.g We are told to expect loss of appetite, dizziness, drought & so many side effects when taking some drugs. So because i had cough i should gup up full bottle of Emzolyn Expectorant, No worry try am, body go tell you.

6. Clinical trials mush be observed, we will need volunteers alot for testing the efficacy of the drugs. Dogoyaro might work for Nigerians but it might not treat Germans.

7. Going on air to drink the tunic just like that is like drinking as much as 15 tablets of Artesunate even when you have no symptoms of malaria. Desperate and misinformed acts like this could cause drug resistance.

Just like every other Virus & diseases, we must learn to be health conscious. Avoid handshake for now, wear your mask & always wash Your hands.

Please forgive my write up mix with pidgin, cause Warri dey the blood. So after all said & done We knack the Ukodo (Goat meat pepper soup with yam, Belike say na Yoruba pepper cos i dey sweat like who beat Anthony Joshua. I say Ok make i carry the food put for belle then share the knowledge. Make una no vex next time i go call una come chop.

(1) (Reply)

Using Ogogoro As Hand Sanitizer Ineffective Agains Covid-19 - Experts / Spain To Dedicate Longest Mourning Period In Country' History To Covid19 Victims / Top 8 Workout Tips For Starting Your Fitness Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.