Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) (70898 Views)

745 New Covid-19 Cases, 340 Discharged And 6 Deaths On June 18 - (2542 Tested) / 22 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 276. 6 Deaths, 44 Discharged / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by mondayaudu(m): 5:18am On May 18, 2020
Obviously this spike in Lagos figure is due to the returnees but they will never admit that. The good news is the increasing numbers of discharged patients. They should understand that lockdown wouldn’t flatten the curve.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Dicklaw(m): 5:27am On May 18, 2020
```*That small small change you dey Save won’t give you the life of luxury you deserve. But million Money Can�

People are taking position and some are still watching

That's not the best for you.

The best thing for you is join the smart contractors now and enjoy million money smart contract endless stream of income. �*```

To know more about million money etherum smart contract and how it works, click on the link below � �

https:///9jaMillionMoney
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by barewealth: 5:30am On May 18, 2020
Na wah o!!! May Allah heal the world.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by IkemChris(m): 5:33am On May 18, 2020
So nobody dey sick malaria for Naija again abi?
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Klemp458: 5:35am On May 18, 2020
This stuff is so serious, Nigerian government is not active at all, the FG will say lockdown the SG will ease the lockdown... who is even the president of this country Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Comedian2019: 5:42am On May 18, 2020
lexxwiz:
If only this competent liars can just test pawpaw and goat meat, theyll see that the cheap testing kits positives everything... you can’t be telling me that a virus that we all dreaded over 2months ago hasn’t dropped anyone on the street. Lol abeg, I was scared of this virus until I saw the video of the people in the orchid hotel isolation center, those guys said the NCDC hasn’t visited or checked on them since they kept them there.
They are very well and looking very strong, no medica no nurse, no Chinese people . Lol they even said, they heard on the news that one of them died. Lmao! Please let them come with another format, this one has casted
Cast or no cast, those guys are shameless liars. They don't care, even when they are caught red-handed. Nigeria would have been free of coro if all governors responded like Kogi State governor.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Reckyd123(m): 5:44am On May 18, 2020
I seriously worry for Nigeria. Less than 35k tests since late February for a country of over 200 million people is so paltry. This gonna be a real long bumpy ride.

South Africa with a population of about 56 million has tested close to 500k people and infact tested 21, 314 in the last 24 hours.

Please my people, try to be safe.

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Nobody: 5:44am On May 18, 2020
TRADELYN:
When the number of confirmed cases was about 100, Buhari shutdown some states and the FCT.
Now that it is close to 6,000 cases, he is gradually easing lockdown.

We got it wrong from the beginning by under testing.

The curve would never be flattened until it gets to its peak.

cry cry kiss

we are better off without lockdown. Coronavirus will not kill the young and fit but hunger will
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:47am On May 18, 2020
lexxwiz:
If only this competent liars can just test pawpaw and goat meat, theyll see that the cheap testing kits positives everything... you can’t be telling me that a virus that we all dreaded over 2months ago hasn’t dropped anyone on the street. Lol abeg, I was scared of this virus until I saw the video of the people in the orchid hotel isolation center, those guys said the NCDC hasn’t visited or checked on them since they kept them there.
They are very well and looking very strong, no medica no nurse, no Chinese people . Lol they even said, they heard on the news that one of them died. Lmao! Please let them come with another format, this one has casted
I saw the video and I SMH'ed like mad.

I once said on this forum that Nothing Is Impossible In Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by AsawanaDgreat: 5:52am On May 18, 2020
Lorazepam:
Lagos results are terribly inconsistent, i wonder how they do their testing sef, the numbers just keep undulating up and down
Meanwhile NCDC claims they will achieve 2 million tests by June, and as at today, they've done 33,970 cheesy
am still imagining how they are going to archive the 2milion test by June and what they have tested for the past two to three months is not up to 50 thousand.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Obidiugwu: 5:53am On May 18, 2020
May God heal our land,,,this is really serious!!!
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Temysteve(m): 6:02am On May 18, 2020
pyyxxaro:
MC Oluomo wetin de happen for your State

You know say naa you be next governor oh
so the post don become taja teran abi. I laugh in Swahili
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by mfm04622: 6:07am On May 18, 2020
obataokenwa:
You see their evil plan about Rivers State. We were obeying our governor and adhering to the lockdown till Buhari withdrew the Police from the borders...now see what we face in Rivers State.

Buhari and his evil men should leave Rivers State to be controlled by the governor for our own good. Anything Buhari touches or speaks about turns deadly. We don't want bloodshed and restlessness.

Why do they want to expose us all in Rivers State, what's their plan for withdrawing the police..Buhari and the evil men talked about Rivers State...now we've climbed from 7 cases to 51 within ten days...

Why why why. How can someone wish us death like this for Gods sake? See how Kaduna is reducing cos of the proactiveness of the governor there but our own here is they must be exposed and die...

I feel so bad right now.
God deliver us from this govt

When your governor lifted lockdown so that PDP can hold a function, he was not an evil man? The Nigerian Police does not want to be involved in callous destruction of people's investment. Also, sebi Wike said the Police are useless? Since you are all obeying your governor, what do you need the Nigerian Police for? Continue to obey your governor and things will be alright!
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Dicklaw(m): 6:09am On May 18, 2020
```*That small small change you dey Save won’t give you the life of luxury you deserve. But million Money Can�

People are taking position and some are still watching

That's not the best for you.

The best thing for you is join the smart contractors now and enjoy million money smart contract endless stream of income. �*```

To know more about million money etherum smart contract and how it works, click on the link below � �

https:///9jaMillionMoney
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by damtem3264(m): 6:15am On May 18, 2020
abeg, is there a y different between Confirmed cases and Total Confirmed cases?
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 6:18am On May 18, 2020
mfm04622:

When your governor lifted lockdown so that PDP can hold a function, he was not an evil man? The Nigerian Police does not want to be involved in callous destruction of people's investment. Also, sebi Wike said the Police are useless? Since you are all obeying your governor, what do you need the Nigerian Police for? Continue to obey your governor and things will be alright!
you're happy in effect na
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by FlordFlorez(m): 6:21am On May 18, 2020
I can confirm that not all thses figures are covid19 cases. All other ailments don join.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by ddippset(m): 6:22am On May 18, 2020
obataokenwa:
You see their evil plan about Rivers State. We were obeying our governor and adhering to the lockdown till Buhari withdrew the Police from the borders...now see what we face in Rivers State.

Buhari and his evil men should leave Rivers State to be controlled by the governor for our own good. Anything Buhari touches or speaks about turns deadly. We don't want bloodshed and restlessness.

Why do they want to expose us all in Rivers State, what's their plan for withdrawing the police..Buhari and the evil men talked about Rivers State...now we've climbed from 7 cases to 51 within ten days...

Why why why. How can someone wish us death like this for Gods sake? See how Kaduna is reducing cos of the proactiveness of the governor there but our own here is they must be exposed and die...

I feel so bad right now.
God deliver us from this govt
Which police?

Which border?

Police that were making over 500,000 daily at the borders allowing people to pay and pass?

Abeg stop talking nonsense.

Even when they complained to Wike he said "even you won't you collect?"
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by guru90: 6:33am On May 18, 2020
This criminals are still increasing this thing..... Na wa oooh

Let them continue, we are watching you people.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Nobody: 6:34am On May 18, 2020
We seriously need to improve on the number of daily tests.

South Africa does over 20,000 tests daily,
While Nigeria has just done a grand total of less than 40,000 tests for the past two months.

Terrible!

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by oscarsam(m): 6:34am On May 18, 2020
obataokenwa:
see how you're happy cos of evil. God will never choose you for anything good

Ahah,,, what do you mean am happy cus of evil. I made a statement using Figurative expression and cus u didn't understand the rooted meaning, you are now sneezing ur pains on me.
Pls let's all be guided in this Anonymous Forum...
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by NeshietUkochio(m): 6:37am On May 18, 2020
@MBuhari, NCDC and Enahire are still making plans on how to succeed in announcing it CRS. If you know, you really know it.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Reference(m): 7:05am On May 18, 2020
TRADELYN:
When the number of confirmed cases was about 100, Buhari shutdown some states and the FCT.
Now that it is close to 6,000 cases, he is gradually easing lockdown.

We got it wrong from the beginning by under testing.

The curve would never be flattened until it gets to its peak.

cry cry kiss

Good morning Nigerians.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by PinkStarsFallIn: 7:06am On May 18, 2020
flamingREED:

My dear, they are so bold when they say they don't.
my dear, the truth is, if not for the foreign media some of us are exposed to.
Its hard to beelieve its exist in this country cos apart from those update u see in figures, can u mention any other evidence that supports it?
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by Aystarz: 7:08am On May 18, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

same propaganda everyday.
Look for something new to talk
we've heard this countless times
Why do you remind of that mumu Brazilian President who boasted that coronavirus was just another bloody flu? Well, today for your information, he has over 15k dead citizens no thanks to that same bloody flu. Let's be wise oo

1 Like

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by JunctionBox: 7:09am On May 18, 2020
Rivers = 16? Wike don die be that alongside Portharcourt residents.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by zedman1(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2020
holytribe:
Unfortunately, people still don't believe that this virus is real. Some ignorant people still says the cause of death is as a result of 5g. cry cry cry
Met some police officers some days ago,they said there is nothing like corona and that everything is all about united nations propaganda.
Honesty, people have said so many stup*id things since this virus came into the country. Some initially believed it existed when it was ravaging the world but as soon as it came in, they started displaying their stupi*dity just like they do with every other topic. Knowing that the virus is real is not fear, believing it doesn't exist is not faith either. I don't know if it will only take for the virus to infect them or some one close to them before they'll stop making those stup*id utterances.

1 Like

Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by blowjohn(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2020
Onyekachi419:
Wow so coronavirus made it in all the state's in Nigeria

Where u see that one?
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by zedman1(m): 7:20am On May 18, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
Lagos has always been taking the lead.

we wey we dey live for Lagos, make we dey careful ooh.

though, the daily reports are being inflated, but that one no mean say the thing no real.

y'all should be careful out there.

all I knowo be say, so far I no go out, or receive any visitor, corona no fit enter my room come catch me.

let's be guided.
I don't think the figures are inflated. You don't know the number of infected persons by the number of sick people you see or the number of deaths. The virus isn't as fatal as so many think, but it spreads super fast and the faster it spreads the more deaths recorded. I believe there are a lot of 'healthy' untested people roaming with the virus who do not even know they're positive.
Re: 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) by AmTruth: 7:23am On May 18, 2020
If the President locked down early, same you people would Blame him for over zealous when there is no case yet. Now it was advise that since it's here with us let obey health expert advise, still we said we must come out.

No nation including US and Canada and UK just rush in closing all their borders immediately. Here the president later made it earlier than compared to other nations that's why our Cases are not worse than theirs. Meanwhile we flaunt authority order on our part and still come out to blame government.

Let's leave what we can not control and focus on the future in curtailing this, because the end is not yet. As a wife instead of crying so much for a dead baby why not brace up and conceive another baby. We can still make it at this point if only we keep to safe rules
fairfora:
But that's what brought us where we are... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? / Christabel Dies After Plastic Surgery, Friends Confront Doctor (Video) / Coronavirus: Nigerians Trapped In Wuhan, China Cry Out "Bring Us Home" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.