Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls (19073 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / President Jonathan Launches New E-passport / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hi Guys,

I need to change my surname on my e-passport because I am married now.
I am in the UK and checked the embassy website, I saw something like name change is only allowed on the old MRP passport. I called the embassy for more information but no one picked.
Has anyone done this before or has any information on it??
My other passport already has my new name and am due to travel to Naija, I am confused as to what name should be on the ticket if I decide to use my Nigeria e-passport like that.
Would the airline let me fly with two different names on two different passports??If I take my marriage certificate along would that be helpful?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Chichiange(f): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2011
U mean u have another pasport of another nationality?u can do the name change only in abuja.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
Yes I do

Ok dear, many thanks for the information
I suppose the airlines will know this piece of information and let me fly.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Chichiange(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
What I sugest you do is this,get a nigerian visa on the foriegn passport and come to nigeria,then when u arrive get a court affidavit of change of name,take all the passport to imigration hq airport road abuja and show them the foriegn pasasport,ur mariage cert,they will cancel the former e passport with out prejudice and issue u with a new one,its gonna work this way.ask me question will answer.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by asorts: 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hello all,

I really need your contributions.

I have an old (machine readable)passport that will expire soon.I need to get the new e passport.

I already have an appointment with the nigerian embassy in uk.

I have a few questions
-My old passport is in my maiden name,i am married now,will i be able to get the new passport in my married name.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Chichiange(f): 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
Yea u can,just make sure u go there with ur mariage cert.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2011
Chichiange:

What I sugest you do is this,get a nigerian visa on the foriegn passport and come to nigeria,then when u arrive get a court affidavit of change of name,take all the passport to imigration hq airport road abuja and show them the foriegn pasasport,your mariage cert,they will cancel the former e passport with out prejudice and issue u with a new one,its gonna work this way.ask me question will answer.

Hello @ Chichiange,
Thanks for your advice.
Can I get this done in Abuja in one day?? without a previous appointment.
I am also considering the option of buying a one way ticket to Nigeria with my maiden name and then buying a return with my married name from Nigeria after I change the passport.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Chichiange(f): 8:01am On Jan 20, 2011
Year still ok in buying a one way ticket,my dear abuja immigration I must say they are corrupt,u might pay higher if u need it urgently,I acturaly editted my own Epasspor lastime,just send me an email I will explain better. Cant really talk much here. steveson26@yahoo.com
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by ogelove(f): 1:13am On Jan 22, 2011
hi guys, pls i really need your help, my E-passport bears the surname of a guy that wanted to marry me but it didnt work out between us and now i am married to another person and i need to travel out with him, my problem now is how to change the former guy's surname to my husband's name infact i am so confused, HELP ME PLS. my email address is ogenwakuyah@yahoo.com. thanks and God bless
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2011
Hello,

I have just been told British airways would let you fly with your maiden name on your Nigerian passport, all you have to show is your marriage certificate as proof.
My e-passport expires in 2012, so I'll just be patient till then before making any changes.

Many thanks for your help
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by meru2: 7:48pm On May 04, 2011
Hello, All.
pls does anyone av a contact in Abj immigration i will like to change info on my E passport, i got dis P on a consular name who promise to assist me 4 visa in 2007 and eventualy mess up,now i want to change d info to my real info as i can nt get another E passport, any good link will be appreciated.
Regards
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by meru2: 2:29pm On May 10, 2011
Any help form the board will be appreciated!
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by monks0000: 11:03am On Jul 25, 2011
Hi, i have a old Nigeria passport that will expire in 2012 and i need to change my name on it, i went to Nigerian embassy in London and i was told i have to go to Nigeria to do the change of name, and my indefinite stay is in the old Nigeria passport
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by faith73: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by meru2: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Go to abuja u will av it done if u know some1 its not legal tho so its not easy especialy if u are not a woman who is married and want to change her maiden name, i did my this march, cheers!
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by ronkeakanji: 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pls i want to do my passport my E passport is expired and i want to do a change of name for am married pls how can u help me want to know d cost and can u link me
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Ekicedar: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=meru2 post=15451127]Go to abuja u will av it done if u know some1 its not legal tho so its not easy especialy if u are not a woman who is married and want to change her maiden name, i did my this march, cheers!

Meru pls can I have your contact.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Motunbaby: 7:37am On Apr 14, 2015
Hi everyone...pls help out on this.......my visa is in a passport that would expire in three months, tho I intend to spend more than 3months in the US, I already done a new one but I booked my ticket with the soon to expire one. Would that pose a problem since the one I I used at my visa in it has a cancelled stamp on it.
Secondly how much should a family of 4 have as bta?
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by ZaraOli: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
@Motunbaby,
Did you have any issues flying with the airline. I am in the same predicament, I booked the ticket with my maiden name and I am about changing that to my husband's name in the new passport.
thanks
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by geca(f): 10:56am On Jul 15, 2016
meru2:
Go to abuja u will av it done if u know some1 its not legal tho so its not easy especialy if u are not a woman who is married and want to change her maiden name, i did my this march, cheers!

Hey dear, please can I have your phone number...need to ask you sth based on this.Thank you.
Re: Change Of Name Issue With The New E-passport? Info Pls by Largemack: 12:07am On Apr 16, 2018
Meru2, can I have your phone digits please , I want you to link me with who helped you

(1) (Reply)

SUV Crushes 23-Year-Old EBSU Graduate Preparing For NYSC In Lagos / Please Which Of The Schengen Countries Is Much Easier To Secure A Visa / Reactivated Nigeria Airforce 913 Aircraft: Facts About Lockheed C-130 Hercules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.