Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 (56685 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi: When Did Malaria Become Synonymous With COVID-19? / Raymond Dokpesi Snr And 7 Family Members Test Positive For Coronavirus / Raymond Dokpesi Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by ExAngel007(f): 11:51am On May 18, 2020
Dokpesi Asks AIT, Raypower To Pull Down Comment On COVID-19, Son Expresses Disappointment, Vows Not To Grant Interview To Both Media Houses Again

Raymond Dokpesi, founder of DAAR Communications Plc, owners of Africa Independent Television and Raypower, has asked both broadcast stations to stop airing his comment on COVID-19.

Dokpesi had in a recent video said he was confused on the difference between COVID-19 and malaria as all drugs he was given while in isolation were malaria medications.

He said, “What’s the difference between COVID-19 and malaria? Every drug we were given were malaria medications.

"A number of persons who tested positive were checked in reputable labs, hospitals in Abuja and were found to have malaria parasites in their bloodstreams. When did malaria become synonymous with COVID-19?”

But in an internal memo to staff of the two stations on Sunday, the media mogul said he had settled with the Nigerian Government and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control over the issue.

He said, “I write to request you to discontinue referencing the comments and views expressed by both the founder, Engr. Raymond A.A Dokpesi, and the Chairman, Chief Raymond Dokpesi Jnr, in all your news bulletins and in fact bring them down from your official websites for now.

“Very senior citizens and elders have argued and I agree with them that I should have addressed a private message to the PTF and the Presidency rather than cast aspersions on their methods thereby creating doubts in the minds of the public.

"I also agree to an immediate truce.”

But in a swift reaction upon his own release from isolation center, Dokpesi Jnr said caution must be exercised in comparing Coronavirus to malaria.

Apparently slighted by his father’s censorship of his views, Dokpesi Jnr was said to have told some DAAR Communication staff that he will not grant any more interview to his father's media organisation.

He said, “I note and observe that the Facebook link that started trending has been taken down. I regret the action but reserve comment.

“Please note that this was my last interview with any DAAR Communications PLC media and I will never grant this media house comment on any issue whatsoever.

"If you have interest in any comment I may have, you may report it from other media houses or from my personal social media comments.

"Please do not even consider approaching me for any comments. Official comments regarding DAAR Communications PLC shall henceforth be routed via press release through the ED Corporate Communications or the Company Secretary.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/17/dokpesi-asks-ait-raypower-pull-down-comment-covid-19-son-expresses-disappointment-vows

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by BranddesignerH: 11:53am On May 18, 2020
Hnmm interesting
Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by slivertongue: 11:56am On May 18, 2020
if dem two like make dem fight, nothing concern me. na family matter

56 Likes

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by TransflectTP(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmm. Father and son squabble. They will settle it later.

Meanwhile, we are No. 1 trusted and reliable car hiring and rental services including bike delivery in and outside Lagos for all types of your event and trip. You'd be glad you did business with us. Check my signature for contact information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Melezenawii: 12:04pm On May 18, 2020
Family matters...I no dey

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Slynation(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2020
Well.... Most of us knew what we having in this country is mostly Malaria cases, when the real original covid-19 from China hits us, body go tell us, for now lets just pray & hope we won't get to that level...

All of a sudden nobody is talking about Ventilators anymore...

165 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Atomemmy(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2020
Chai

Coronavirus has brought more family disasters than deaths in this country.
They had better reconcile than washing their dirty linen in public.

Our elders says: A house divided against itself cannot stand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by festacman(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2020
This senseless partisan mischief exposed their emptiness and pettiness. Their uninformed suspicion about the use of malarial drugs for COVID-19, which was intended to discredit the work of NCDC and mislead the public is shameful and unfortunate.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by domino4211(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2020
You don't pay tax to government..
You pay tithe to Jesus through pastors.
But today you want government to give you palliatives just like other developed countries gave their citizens who pay tax?
No No No..
Your palliative is with Jesus.
Somewhere stored in heaven where cancer worm won't consume it.
You will get your own palliative in Heaven...
After all,things of this world are vanity upon vanity ..

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Babatunde40(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2020
The son is angry the father survived corona. He was already preparing to inherit properties

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Authoreety: 2:10pm On May 18, 2020
It's either dokpesi senior has bn bribed or he has been threatened..

Politicians have been cashing out massively from covid 19.

Govt should open our entertainment industry for us o..... Make hunger no go wound person pikin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by NwaNimo1(m): 2:10pm On May 18, 2020
He's been settled ......................again!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 18, 2020
Father don collect money or soft landing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by realwiz1(m): 2:10pm On May 18, 2020
They better start talking, these people have something they are not telling us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 18, 2020
His FATHER insulted the medical professionals that managed him.
After all, he recovered fully, which is the most important thing.
So why make such immature statement...?
I have always known him to be an intelligent man whom I respect so much, but felt bad after seeing that video

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by ForeThinker: 2:11pm On May 18, 2020
A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires. –Paulo Coelho

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Zionist26(m): 2:11pm On May 18, 2020
Their fight...
Their cup of tea.. angry lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Optimistdude: 2:11pm On May 18, 2020
Who cares?

2 e-diots

3 Likes

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by emimore: 2:11pm On May 18, 2020
Coro coro
Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:11pm On May 18, 2020
Ok... Make them setrle amicably.

We are actively buying your btc at 435/$

1 Like

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by EdidemLord(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2020
Was he expecting the public to give him answers as to why malaria and Covid-19 have similar symptoms in the first place?

Why not ask the medics who were administering the drugs to you...

It seem Ray Jnr is the next of kin so I understand his anger.Like one of my friend would say ' It can happen to Anybody'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by dontbothermuch: 2:12pm On May 18, 2020
David Ibiyeomie has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by jeeqaa7(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2020
G
Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Jh0wsef(m): 2:13pm On May 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Careersaffairss: 2:13pm On May 18, 2020
They should just thank God they recovered and are alive.

2 Likes

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by MasterJayJay: 2:14pm On May 18, 2020
How can you own a media company and still be ignorant that antimalaria drugs are part of Covid-19 treatment?

The over hyped Madagascar tonic is antimalaria too.

Dokpesi just exposed his ignorance like Trump asking questions on DISINFECTANTS.

Smh

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dokpesi And His Son Clash Over Comment On COVID-19 by Onlyonebuhari: 2:14pm On May 18, 2020
Dokpesi must have a degree in being an idiot. Instead of covid-19 as malaria while didn't he ask himself why all member of his family it. Or is malaria a transmitted disease?
5G idiot.

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Rebuild My Damaged Self Esteem / Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. / Scissors Removed From Stomach Of Sierra Leonean Lady After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.