Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna (21344 Views)

Bella Shmurda Speaks On Mohbad’s Suicide Attempt Due To Marlian Music Saga. (VID / Prince Kalada Allison Suicide Attempt: Queen Wokoma Ex Husband In Hospital / Shocked! Guess Who Reads Our Daily Manna from Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Mcoutureankara(f): 4:32pm On May 18, 2020
During an online service, renowned publisher of Our Daily Manna, Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe, spoke about his near- suicide experience years ago and how he learnt from his mistakes.

His words:

"Our Daily Manna devotional (ODM) is 23 years right now. About 31 years ago, as a young man, I made several mistakes in life. I was about killing myself when my Father GOD appeared. He said "No, you are going to fulfill destiny, all i destined about you before you were born, they will come to pass". You shall write and help millions on earth." That was how ODM was born. I never even liked writing of letters because I am a pharmacist and loved more of practical things. Not writing."

"But Today, several people around the globe are using Our daily Manna and when they say the devotional writings are blessing them beyond measure I just wonder in amazement. I know It is a special grace!"

"The past can be painful, you either run from the past or you learn from it. Everybody makes mistakes, even those you respect or admire makes mistake.

When you make a mistake, the first step you should take is to acknowledge it and ask yourself "why did i make that mistake", then seek for help, know more and read more on that area. In the multitude of counsel, there is safety.

Most of the mistakes people make is as a result of lack of knowledge.

Refuse to condemn yourself and do not listen to negative comments from people. Know exactly why the mistake happened, deal with it and don't go back to it. Move on!"

He added:

"Before you were born, God has seen the mistakes you would ever make. None of the mistakes we have made has taken God by surprise. No mistake can stop God's Word from standing.

God saw your future before you because HE is always a step ahead.

You are not your mistake, you are not a failure. Do not live in the past. Move on!"

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Josydaky(f): 8:15pm On May 18, 2020
So true. Everyone makes mistake. And God is always ready to forgive and accept us.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Ekakamba: 2:04pm On May 19, 2020

What is that mistake he made?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Babatunde40(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2020
Whatever your hustle is, take it seriously. This man was consistent with the production of his "our daily manna" and it paid off

33 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by jasper042(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2020
Book space
Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Limitlessss: 2:04pm On May 19, 2020

His words:

"Our Daily Manna devotional (ODM) is 23 years right now. About 31 years ago, as a young man, I made several mistakes in life. I was about killing myself when my Father GOD appeared. He said "No, you are going to fulfill destiny, all i destined about you before you were born, they will come to pass". You shall write and help millions on earth." That was how ODM was born. I never even liked writing of letters because I am a pharmacist and loved more of practical things. Not writing."

"The past can be painful, you either run from the past or you learn from it. Everybody makes mistakes, even those you respect or admire makes mistake.

Refuse to condemn yourself and do not listen to negative comments from people. Know exactly why the mistake happened, deal with it and don't go back to it. Move on!"

God saw your future before you because HE is always a step ahead.

You are not your mistake, you are not a failure. Do not live in the past. Move on!"

Deep words, hope una they hear, suicide is never an option.

28 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by ismoney: 2:04pm On May 19, 2020
God is Faithful. Think big, work big and trust God. He is too Faithful.

I love Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by lilfort(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2020
this lyf ehn
nobody know wat can happen

1 Like

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by emmabest2000(m): 2:05pm On May 19, 2020
Almost everyone has a different story to tell

Whatever you are going through right now just hold on and keep the faith

Never give up

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 19, 2020
CORRECT MAN
..... a man of God that doesn't talk too much
..... a man that knows his boundary
..... an enlightened man of God

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2020
Appeared to you indeed sad
mog,just sell ya book and be going.Oh! You needed the story for more sells.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Thisis2raw(m): 2:07pm On May 19, 2020
Perfect reason never to give up. The best is yet to come

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Osnami: 2:07pm On May 19, 2020
Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Deicide: 2:07pm On May 19, 2020
Even though am not religious per say I love reading the stories in that book

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by chukwukamma(m): 2:07pm On May 19, 2020
God's plans cannot be frustrated

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by IMASTEX: 2:09pm On May 19, 2020
Who else notice that "men of God's" errors are called mistakes while members errors are called sin. After all, We are all humans with shortcomings.
See your mistake as a teacher and you will comeout stronger with experience. But see your mistake as a judge and you will be sentenced to death as a failure by hanging or poisoning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by dazzlingd(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2020
angry

I've never seen bigger liars than these pastors, God appeared to u and spoke to u.
They always speak with God but God forgot to tell them coronavirus will disrupt the world in 2020.

Imagine this was the year that Baba Adebole mistakenly predicted that a new diseases will ravage the world, oboy, imagine the jackpot...his sheeples would have worshiped him like a god and we wont have peace again....

Just like the broke ass below me, that guy needs rehab asap.... he was created for the pleasure of yahweh, he cant wait for yahweh to show him his backside the same way he showed moses

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Righteousness89(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2020
Praise GOD! Praise GOD! Praise GOD!

We are Created For HIS Pleasure and His Pleasure Alone!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 19, 2020
wow! so inspiring.thanks op.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by IAmSkinny: 2:11pm On May 19, 2020
Moral lesson: there's always hope when it seems hopeless. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Yes, there is!
Need a competent photographer? Then you need me https://www.nairaland.com/5660603/professional-photographer-heres-mini-portfolio

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by SeriouslySense(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2020
Yes, if suicide thoughts comes to you, just remain patient, it will get bright

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by HappyPagan: 2:12pm On May 19, 2020
30 years ago
Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Judybash93(m): 2:13pm On May 19, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Oga, next time, don't make a mistake grin, be like him wink

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by BlackfireX: 2:14pm On May 19, 2020
I want to say something, but let me keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 2:15pm On May 19, 2020
Deicide:
Even though am not religious per say I love reading the stories in that book
exactly oh
i love the history , peoples testimonies nd life stories in that book . .it helps me explore

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage: "I Was Thinking About Jesus Christ, When I Wrote 'Somebody’s Son'" / Top Five Nigerian Grammy Award Winners / Tonto Dikeh Bags Two Endorsement Deals After Calling Out Ex-husband And Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.